Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not Just Another Saturday

Not Just Another Saturday

OMG...I just had the most amazing weekend. It started out back during the Erie Gala in November when my GF Donna and I arranged with a couple of girls from there – Tasha and Kavina – to come visit in January. Well, Kavina posted something on the Erie Sisters site and I mentioned it in a couple of places and before you knew it girls were coming from all over... Indiana, Chicago, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Canada...we even heard from one friend who came in from Philly and another from New York! It snowballed so quickly that every girl in Michigan and anywhere nearby wanted to be there.
    So here is how it played out...
    The real party was Saturday night but on Friday a few of the girls had come in early so a small group of us ventured out on a bitterly cold night to visit Soho, a nice friendly bar in Ferndale, an exceptionally LGBT friendly suburb right on the edge of Detroit. There was Tasha and Kavina and friend Allie from Cleveland plus Christine from Philly, and more. About eight of us altogether were there plus my amazing GG friend Renee, who joined mid evening. Later we went across the street to Comos, a lovely little Italian restaurant, and got a late night pasta snack. Got about three hours sleep that night...lol

Saturday it was up and dressed quickly as I had promised to take some of the girls shopping. Now more were beginning to roll in. My GF Staci turned up from Lansing, along with Amy from Grand Rapids and Margo from near Chicago (poor girl meant to be in Friday night but the roads were blocked and she was forced to wait). I was alternating between two dresses to wear that night - a lovely dark green sleeveless ruched number from Anthopologie or a simply “over the top” black one shoulder thing from Guess. I knew I needed a convertible bra for the latter so that was on my shopping list...that and getting my nails done...haha
    By now my cell was overheating already from girls texting and calling trying to get info and coordinate things. I felt like mission control...:P
    Off we went to the Westland Mall. I got my nails done with a lovely gel finish in a French Tip, while the others were browsing different stores. Caught up with them in Charming Charlies later. If you don't know about Charming Charlies, it is the most amazing store for accessories...they are all grouped by color...jewelry, purses, scarves etc...I love that store. Then off to Macy's where I found just exactly the bra I needed...Yay! And then a quick stop at Windsor dresses before heading back to the hotel. I had promised myself a quick nap before starting the night.
    My phone was driving me nuts so I turned it off and managed to catch a 40 minute nap, which was perfect. Jumped up and started getting ready for the night. I figured I had 1 1/2 hours to get ready in peace before I had to be at the club. WRONG...lol
    Within fifteen minutes my room was invaded by other girls wanting a place to hang out. So now I was playing hostess to about seven girls while trying to get made up and dressed AND dealing with my cell which was now positively exploding from texts and calls and emails...everyone wanting to know where to be and when....OMG...
    Somehow, I made it. The rest of the girls left as I was finishing up. I got in the car and headed over to The Adams Apple, the first stop for the night. It was tough to find a place to park because the lot was fuller than I have ever seen it. Right as I was about to go in my GF Donna came out and slid into the car wanting to talk about plans for something....I should have known something was up...
    We finally walked into the bar...and it was so full of girls I couldn’t believe my eyes...must have been eighty girls crammed in there...and.....they had a cake for me...it had been my birthday a couple of weeks earlier when most everyone was out of town, so they took this night to have a cake for me...I started crying...lol
    Anyway, we were all at the Apple for awhile talking and drinking but everyone wanted to dance so pretty soon girls started heading down the road to GiGis, our local nightclub. And that is where we spent the rest of that night. It was awesome and the DJ was right on the money all night playing right to the crowd he had. And again.....I got about two hours sleep that night, too...lol
    All day Monday I was hearing from girls who were there and said they just had the best time. Tasha, Kavina and Allie all want to come back soon. I have to admit it was an awesome weekend. We are thinking about making it an annual thing. What do you think? Think we should? Can we use our own big TG event for us Midwest girls?
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Not Just Another Saturday /pics

I just put up a description of the weekend but here are some pictures...yes, I went with the Guess dress on Saturday. The Anthopologie will have to wait...lol I went a little more dramatic with makeup for the evening as you can see...
    Attached Images Attached Images

... a few more...

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What a weekend! Fantastic photos -- and you look awesome as usual ...

You look awesome! And I love your nails!!! +1

As always you look fabulous! I am glad all of you had sooooooooooo much fun.

Hugs

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Awesome!

I had a couple of girlfriends bring a cake to the club for my birthday once, and it was one of the bartender's birthday also. Plenty for everybody!
    DonnaT

Great post, great pics, what fun!
    Dana Fleming

Hi sammi,
    Great story great photos, you look lovelly, so,happy for you that you had a fabulous time

I was quite underdressed when compared to so many very well dressed and beautiful girls. Nonetheless, I had a great time and look forward to getting out again.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Val, you looked awesome, honey, and I was sooo happy you were there! It was so good to see you! Thanks for the dance, honey. 😃

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Wow, what a great thing!
    Yall look totally fabulous too :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

What a great read Sam; sorry I missed you girls! You all look great, sooo fun....

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Sounds like a great time! I'd love to make the next one!

Do it.
    The best ideas come from spontaneous evenings like you just experienced.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Samantha, You are a very beautiful young lady, It really looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Looks like fun was had by all YOU GO GIRLS
    HUGS PHYLIS ANNE

Blue...you called me young....lol...bless you sweetheart...bless you. 😃

Happy birthday!! What a wonderful weekend!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Wonderful pics - happy birthday

Great tale retold Sammy (when is it ever not? <envious>)

You do look amazing as do the whole party... I really do think Detroit needs to put in some sort of bid as the 'Midwestern TG Capital of the World'! Keep going and Detroit might get above Vegas on my bucket list...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Glad it turned out to be a wonderful night. Awesome photos Sammie!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

What an AWESOME weekend! My head is spinning with the excitement of everything you wrote, and the birthday celebration was the topper! By all means this should be an annual event -- you have a great group of GF's, and that dress is just a killer. Yep, you sure did buy the right bra!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Hey Sami,

Congrats on another awesome weekend. I think that you have missed your calling as a social media planner. Just remember that all the people who traveled far and wide was because they wanted to hang with you, which is a testament to the person that you are.

Nah, Gretchen, lol, these girls just wanted a chance to party...all I did was make sure enough people knew that it reached a critical mass...haha.
    Btw...can't wait to see you you Keystone, gf! It's getting close now. 😃