Thread: I"m so vexed with fb

I"m so vexed with fb

Hi Honeys:

I'm so sad.

I decided to get back into c-dressing as a more serious part of my life. That's the good news.

Now the bad news. I decided to go to Facebook as this name using a poster girl in w white dress in front of the car as my profile. On Tuesday the 13th, I had a gay old time making all kinds of new "friends". From morning to night, become a real person with a home town (Key West) and everything. Heck, they force these names on you, what can a girl like me do but to submit?

Then, at the end of the day, FB decides to crack down on Robbin Sinclair because she isn't a real person. How dare they? Robbin is as real as any part of this body that I hold, if not moreso. Bottom line, I didn't pass the security test because I don't have a phone in Robbin's name and I couldn't correctly identify all the new friends that I made that day. I guess I wasn't concentrating remembering the face...wrong priorities.

If anybody reading this post can tell me:

A) If you remember becoming a friend on FB? I used this profile photo.
    B) How do people get past these judgmental, mean spirited dictators? I'm know that people having names like Sally Snatch and Imma Cummings aren't real people.
    C) Or are they?

Thanks,
    Your Love, Robbin.

P.S. Please welcome me back. I need the support. Love ya.

I see lots of people who have facebook accounts for game avatars. May be the only thing that saves them is is that the game avatars may have PayPal or credit card info associated with their names. Not sure why FB is worried about folks like us with dual personalities.

This is why I don't use facebook!

Well, maybe this isn't exactly why I don't use facebook, but I don't use facebook. Sorry I don't have anything more useful to offer. Ok bye.

When did FB start all of this stuff? I've had a female FB account for quite awhile now and never ran into any of that.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Hi! I heard that fb know about this kind of errors and the programmers are trying to fix it! It happens cause they got the application for recognize the faces and don't want to have problems with some kinds of profiles!
    Just try to don't get upset.. don't let that anything get ur peace away!
    Xoxo
    Luz

Finally, my day job creeping in here - other than a mention of running out at lunch in the midst of a pink fog...

As Facebook is in the business of selling identified, segmented and reachable audiences to advertisers (don't fool yourself that they're in the "social network" business) they try to keep "fake" people - whether whole cloth frauds created by click farms or people simply wishing to engage in an alter ego - at bay. Part of that is watching for accounts that make a large number of friend requests in a short amount of time, or that have a number of friend requests rejected. One of the people in our fundraising department has run into that roadblock a number of times, but is able to prove that she is a "real" person. She just gets temporarily suspended from making friend requests.

So. Even though they suggest bunches and bunches of seemingly random people for you to connect with, it's wiser to take it slow.

welcome back robbin,
    dont have a personal FB account, boy or girl, it always seems like its too much trouble and problematic,
    just spend your time here instead........
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Welcome back Robbin!

Missed all that tropical humidity and the backdrop of bougainvillea... I could do a tropical isle...

Anyhow, I do also have a surreptitious profile on FB with the absolute minimum of data about me or my alter-ego, but I rarely use it as FB is definitively the spawn of so you're much safer (and more welcome) here... You may well have become a victim of system bots that simply compare stated location with your IP address... If they find a conflict, you get flagged and terminated by the Master Control Program... There'll be other checks they do to validate entries...

Don't sweat it - and don't go back...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Just noticed this thread but I'll add my 2cent s
    I've heard of a number of girls running into this. I believe the problem occurs when you add a lot of people quickly. If you only add a few that you really know at first, pretty soon other people will begin adding you.
    But Facebook is another level of being "out"
    The more places you post info about yourself and pictures, the more you are daring the world to spot you. My old boy FB account now constantly asks me if I want to friend Samantha Rogers. I have not done so but I might sometime. And I now have a couple of friends who are friends on both accounts.
    I find it amusing that I have three times as many "friends " as Samantha...lol
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

I guess this means that Facebook successfully identified a 'secondary' account. It's the high number of sent friend requests and the lack of a phone number that get you in trouble and I reckon that a fake profile pic is part of the equation too.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    I see lots of people who have facebook accounts for game avatars. May be the only thing that saves them is is that the game avatars may have PayPal or credit card info associated with their names. Not sure why FB is worried about folks like us with dual personalities.
    A lot of people fought long and hard to redefine the gender spectrum and keep gender Dysphoria from being seen and labeled as a mental illness. I venture that if we use phrases like "dual personalities," it sort of reinforces a negative stereotype, and diminishes the efforts of those who came before us and tried to legitimize who we are and what we do.

Ever & Always
    A mentally stable Caden Lane
    Last edited by Caden Lane; 01-19-2015 at 07:20 AM.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Platinum Member
    Hi Robbin, I stay as far away from Facebook as I can !!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Their image recognition software may have clocked your avatar, or the sudden influx of friends may have red flagged you, or somebody who doesn't like crossdressers/ TG saw your gender listing and reported you. I've complained to FB multiple times for their persecution of TG, despite their gender spectrum concession a while back. So far the proof of their position is rooted in their treatment of us.

Ever & Always,
    A little miffed Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I did not mean to imply that I had been mistreated. Ihave, so far, had no problems. I hardly us my old male account presently but once I reach a critical mass of friends and family to whom I have come out then I expect the old account will make for a quick and efficient tool for completing the process.. After that...I'll just shut the boy down altogether I guess.

You may not have been mistreated, but there are enough who have been.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    Eddie Izzard

Oh, I'm aware of that, Caden. A couple of local gfs had their accounts blocked in the past. I believe the major red flag is when a new account sends too many friend requests too quickly.
    I had heard from someone that FB was trying to address the unique needs of the TG community and had hired in a transwoman at a fairly high level to try and make some changes, though I cannot confirm that rumor.

I use a non-real name, never had any trouble. I don't do much with fb though, and intentionally skew certain data to protect my privacy. Now i've had some people tell me i'm technically committing a crime by doing this. I say, the person telling me this is technically skating on thin ice, telling a US citizen and army veteran that he is not allowed to call himself what he wants when there is no tax or SSI involvement.

Come to think of it, i have not been active for months, yet i daily get 2-4 fb emails begging me to interact. Take me as i offer, or gfys, imo.

Committing a crime? AYOOYFM? Some folks..

Maybe we should all start different avatars as 'jane smith'... wonder if they'd like chasing down several thousand of those.... This is America, for Pete's sake, you can be whoever the heck you want to.

I am on FB, some of my friends there have been put in "Facebook jail" as they put it. It's trying to pick to many friends to fast witwithout having the other information filled out. None of my personal info is on there except I live in Indianapolis and I have never had problems.
    Explain to me why I can't live in both worlds? ....... Well your rules are stupid!

I have a FB account, but I rarely go there. I started mis-trusting that site back in about 2007, when it started sending me friend requests from people who I did not know, and with whom I had nothing in common.
    I am still getting email notifications nearly every day about someone else who wants to "friend" me, and who I do not know.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Unless you're a closet dresser, u may not require a FB page. Since Sherry IS a closet dresser and is IDENTIFIED as one on her page? That may be why I have been left alone.

Altho, saying I have been "left alone" doesn't include the number of threats and even banning I've received from FB for having Sherry's photos reported by one/some of my 1000 friends! Since they protect these puritanical squealers, u never know who they r and so r unable to block them. Wanted to say something more about that but I better not-----
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    If your a closet queen......facebook is not the place for cd gals, if you are out, or simply dont care, it can be a great way to meet and stay connected to people, just use it correctly....its not really all that terrible, but on cd.com apparently it's the devil.

I really don't like Facebook either, they just want too much info. They also keep sending me friend requests for a whole cast of characters from Pakistan, what's up with that? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ....[I
    As Facebook is in the business of selling identified, segmented and reachable audiences to advertisers (don't fool yourself that they're in the "social network" business) they try to keep "fake" people - whether whole cloth frauds created by click farms or people simply wishing to engage in an alter ego - at bay. Part of that is watching for accounts that make a large number of friend requests in a short amount of time, or that have a number of friend requests rejected. One of the people in our fundraising department has run into that roadblock a number of times, but is able to prove that she is a "real" person. She just gets temporarily suspended from making friend requests...[/I].
    Thanks for all of the advice. And the welcome backs. It was nice. (Me smiling).

This post hits the why I was bounced nail on the head. It's not like they weren't trying to warn me with things like, "do you know this person outside of Facebook? Yes/No." I put yes and felt guilty. Finally they got me a quiz. Before you get to play FB anymore, you must identify the person from this photo, giving me 5 names. And this photo, etc. I tried to do too much too fast. I never get questions like that on my boy FB site.

It's really okay. It's made me a more secure in both identities. I was obsessing like so many of us do, for no reason. A f'n Facebook account. What am I supposed to get from that? Thanks for the rest of this message and others that said take it slow or just stay away from the worlds largest social media site if I'm closet. It was creepy getting all of these dude friend requests.

Thanks again, robbin
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 01-19-2015 at 03:28 PM.

[I][QUOTE=Katey888;3674983]Welcome back Robbin! Missed all that tropical humidity and the backdrop of bougainvillea... I could do a tropical isle... ........................... Don't sweat it - and don't go back...

Your so cute. And you can spell bougainvillea. I can't and I water them.
    I'll take your sound advice Katey.
    Hugs, hugs and
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 01-19-2015 at 03:35 PM.