Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting experience at the optometrist

Silver Member
    Michelle, thanks for the offer of pity but I don't need any! Just sharing a DIFFERENT point of view for you to consider. Did you happen to notice I wasn't the only one to make these observations? Hopefully those new glasses will be in any day.

I have seriously considered going to the eye doctor in a skirt as a man. I have done it in ladies' shorts, blouse, hose, and flats. I humor myself with the idea of trying on my new glasses and looking at my self and proclaiming, "What am I wearing?!?"

Ohhhh, I love it! I'm getting new glasses soon and will also be getting a set of frames form both sides. Hope my experience goes half as well as yours did! One thing I do plan to do is to have a few pics of me en-femme available on my iPad, so if I discuss it with an associate and they seem accepting enough, I can show them the hairstyles that Ceera wears and how I look in female mode.

I have to get new goggles - the ones I am wearing are nearly ten years old. My vision insurance plan has a twofer deal, but I am going to get one pair of bifocals, and one fixed focus at the proper distance for reading music. I am currently wearing semi-rimless - they are what I would call androgynous, and I think I shall stick with that. Besides, I have a photograph of my great-great aunt Maryanne (taken at the New Orleans Exposition in 1885 - she was born in 1843) wearing what appear to be the same frames as I currently have. The facial resemblance is almost scarey, we look so alike.

It is pretty certain that she was a gg female, even though an odd duck - she was a world-renowned microscopist, and one of the first women to be allowed membership in the Royal Microscopical Society of London.
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 01-20-2015 at 12:14 AM.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin