Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excuses we have used

Aspiring Member
    I get quite a lot of "feedback" from women about the length of my nails. I do not give excuses - they are my nails and I can have them as long as I like. Having said that, it is actually true that I use them for picking up small objects and I use my thumbnail as a tool - I just don't share this. It is also true that I hate cutting my nails and toenails and do so only when they become unbearable. When I was getting pedicures regularly (for about five years the only time I saw my natural toenails was at the beauty salon) the best bit was having someone else do the horrible job of trimming my toenails.

Partly the cross-dressing has identified good ways of living that make sense independently of the cross-dressing, like shaving underarms. So the excuses do actually make sense on their own. I just won't use them as excuses because I do not feel the need to excuse my cross-dressing.

If you like wearing particular clothes and you look good in them, what is your excuse for NOT wearing them? Only society. I have to admit I am careful where I wear womenswear in public, whether it is as a man in a skirt or fully dressed. I would rather be thought of as a crossdresser than a liar. You could go for the double-bluff to avoid lying by saying the skirt is from your vast skirt wardrobe, or claim assertively that you are getting in touch with your feminine side - but you HAVE to assertive about this or they will believe you! Or you can go on the counter-attack (possibly you need even more confidence for this one) - "Do my long nails disturb you? Why do you think that is? or So why is it exactly you find my underwear an issue? And fix them with a scary stare.

All of this is of course so much easier of you don't have a partner who disapproves.

Same here Cynthia, I wear pantyhose for DVT prevention and annoying vein issues. (no excuse needed for the pantyhose)

Over the course of 20 years, my wife does not need any more of my excuses for bras, make up, nail polish, and list goes on she has finally accepted that she cannot change me, but once in a while she will try to, but it blows over.

Quote Originally Posted by prettytoes View Post
    "pantyhose are great as a bottom layer when dressing for warmth." They really help keep legs warmer. ?
    This is the one that I used when my wife found pantyhose stuffed in my briefcase. She didn't really buy it 100% thought I was having an affair, and ended up coming out to her. And I don't have to use that excuse, we are at a DADT stage, and she always asks before entering my briefcase so there are no surprises.

Silver Member
    Women's running tights are cheaper than men's.
    Women's spandex shorts are cheaper then men's.
    They don't make men's support undies without that uncomfortable super wide 1950's style waistbands which also cost more than the comfy supportive plain panties.
    When I did hair "My legs are killing me, I'm trying pantyhose." She was game but they were way to hot under men's slacks. i wonder if she new that and figured I would better understand why she hates to wear them too.
    Unscented deodorant can be worn by either gender, it doesn't smell. Secret Unscented.
    -In the early 80's with a steady girlfriend. "Hey if I get a perm you wont have to share your blow dryer with me when I stay over." She actually got into making me perm appointments although she hating going for hers (she had fine flat hair). She often times would come with me for mine, I don't know if she ever realized how much I loved getting them.

Fun thread and I agree that few ever believe these excuses.

The pantyhose thing for wet suits is really true. When the wet suit is wet, it stick to the skin and is really hard to pull up.

Also, wet suits need to be really tight when you're wearing them. The way they keep you warm is by soaking up water an allowing your body to warm it up. If the wet suit is too big, you just get a lot of cold water sloshing around in there and it's too much water to warm up. Just ask me how I know that.

In high school, I was on the track team. We showed up at one school for an outdoor meet, and one of the guys on the other team was wearing pantyhose under his track pants. We thought it was pretty funny, until he neat the pants off of us running the race.

Once I was having lower back problems. I went to a physical medicine doctor. She told me I should wear compression pants, and she showed me some in a catalog. I wanted to kiss her because the compression shorts looked just like girdles. I actually bought some girdles because that's what I wanted, and because they were much cheaper, but my wife had a hissy fit when she saw them. This was before I was out to her.

I have a rib that pops out every once in a while. I'll normally wear an ace bandage around my chest to immobilize it until I can get to the chiropractor. I was in a lot of pain once and couldn't find my ace bandage. My wife borrowed a bandeau bra from my daughter to use.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

One of my favorites is that wearing pantyhose in the woods helps to keep the ticks off your legs. To many guys actually doing this for it to only be an 'excuse!'

Genny B
    Dani (Genny before Transition)
    All Girl!

My best pair of jeans that fit are women's. I wear them all the time. I have shorter legs and they are the right leangth. Also, women's jeans seem to shrink less. My brother asked why I was wearing them. I said, "because they fit."

As far as the painted toe nails, "My girls were playing 'Nail Salon' & I like to spend time with my kids. That makes me a good parent."
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

The pantyhose is no big deal. I am a mountaineer and wear them during fall and winter as my first layer. This actually has nothing to do with my other hobby of dressing. The pantyhose, or more likely tights keep me warm and do not retain sweat. At 14,000 ft. it is typically well below freezing at night even in early fall. My climbing buddies have seen this and have no reason to think I am nothing but a tough mountaineer.

Panty hose to keep your legs warm at winter
    Shaved legs if your into cycling better aero dynamics apparently
    Shaved legs or arms - gives you a better sun tan
    Trimming down below - sorry hon the shaver got carried away lol

Oh and girdles or body shaping stuff because it helps to get in shape

For the bra: To avoid sweating under my male boobs.

Of course leg shaving for cycling, no matter i rarely wear tights or massage... I get the occasional looks at the health club but usually not when doing heavy leg lifts. I have learned one thing- do not use the health club's razors for your legs- lots of nicks! Eek!

When i am out shopping for
    me I usually say i am shopping for my wife. Which I am sure every shop assistant has heard a thousand times before. I actually plucked up the courage to try on a ladies pair of shoes at Payless today. I had a default excuse ready just in case. The thing is I have had to out myself to my family Doctor. So it's time that I started owning this and when somebody asks me who are they for. Then I should say screw it they are for myself.

Early in my relationship with my wife before I was out to her, she found a glass in my kitchen with lipstick on it and my explanation was basically that it had been like that for a while and was just lazy and incompetent doing dishes, because you know that is attractive. I came out to her a little after that and corrected my story.

Thigh top stockings are good for leg circulation problems, and cheaper than compression stockings.

- Having no body hair makes it easier to get clean after obstacle/endurance races.
    - Stocking keep me warm when I walk to work and are thinner than thermals.
    - You always make fun of my runners toenails so I painted them!

Im enjoying reading some of these excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Closeted Kat View Post
    i've even seen people who grow things like melons vertically use bras and bikini's to hold melons up.
    Yep, thats what bras and bikinis are for... to hold yer melons up.

And poor Julia Ann with the one eyebrow. I do hope youre okay.

Even I have excuses sometimes. It depends how self conscious Im feeling. Some mens clothes seem to fit better, some cost less than the female equivalent, or are warmer. My mens watch is easier to read. My mens wallet is less bulky than a womens. Excuses, excuses. One day I hope to be above feeling like I need to explain myself to others.
    Last edited by Andy66; 01-20-2015 at 12:15 AM.