Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excuses we have used

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar

Excuses we have used

Before my wife new about my "other side", I had a bunch of reasons (excuses) that I used to explain certain things. Here goes just a few of them:

Pantyhose- There's a couple here..."pantyhose are great as a bottom layer when dressing for warmth." They really help keep legs warmer. "Also,they help a wetsuit slide on much easier (when leg hair is involved!)." I now have a drawer full of tights in every color under the rainbow...and I still wear them as a base layer when dressing to go out into the cold.

Panties- I used to wear thongs all the time. "Women's thongs are much less expensive than men's, and the fabric is lighter and more comfortable." I usually tried to lean towards colors that were not super girly. I have also used "all my underwear was in the wash, so I had to borrow some of yours." Quite another story now...my panty drawer is much more fun than my SO's...lace, lots of fem colors and patterns, bloomers, thongs, and bikinis...love them all!

Shaving legs and armpits- "Shaving armpits helps keep odor down; great when hunting for scent control. Smooth legs slide into a wetsuit much easier" (I am a scuba instructor-in and out of wetsuits often). My legs and underarms are always smooth now.

Sleepwear- I always liked oversized dormshirts or nightshirts. Most of them are fairly gender-neutral, but all were bought in women's dept. More comfortable than men's pajamas. I now have lots of women's PJ's now...capri sets, cute patterns and colors (pink camo, Tweety, etc.), and several gowns and babydolls.

Now that my wife knows, I no longer need these excuses. I never came up with any for skirts, bras, dresses, or painted toenails...fortunately I no longer need excuses, so I won't be needing any for those things!

Has anyone else had to try to come up with excuses to justify their dressing to an unknowing or unaccepting SO?
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Thank you Pretty Toes,
    I have a couple to add ...

1. I have sensitive balls, and knickers hold them tighter and more comfortably than mens' briefs.
    2. I'm experimenting to understand a client.
    3. They're more comfortable than my clothes.

do you have different excuses for SO and for other people?

Banned Read only
    Have you asked your wife is she ever believed any of your "excuses"?

Good thread, I'm taking notes in case of ...

Platinum Member
    Nope, never tried to bluff out of it.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Prettytoes - Yep I sure have, especially the one about the wet suit.

Never used any. DId not "discover" my need to dress until after my last wife and I were separated. Since then I have had two long-term relationships (several years each), and both of those women knew about my dressing. I told them on the third date, when it looked as if things might be semi-serious. The last thing I wanted to do was start a relationship with a lie, or an elephant in the living room.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Well before my wife knew about my dressing we took SCUBA lessons. For one of our certification dives we went to a very cold lake. Our instructor suggested using pantyhose to help get the heavy wet suit on. I was in heaven! I had a reason to wear pantyhose! After about 10 dive trips my wife surprised me with a new dive skin so that I wouldn't have to be embarrassed with the pantyhose. I was crushed, but managed to smile and give her a big thank you kiss.

Some good excuses. I will have to remember some of them.

No leg hair does make wet suits easier on and off

I have a perfectly valid excuse for no eye brow hair, lost one completely in a natural gas flash fire so I shaved off the other one because it looked silly with just one eye brow and since the burned one is trying to grow so much slower than the other I just keep them shaved complete off, no one even questions it anymore! :-)

When a policeman pulled me over on my second time out, I told him that i was trying to see how it is to be a woman, and see what they go through. He was great, and said he doesn't care what i wear, just how i drive.

If I remember correctly I said "I like then and they are pretty"
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Going off on a bit of a tangent: Your mention of pantyhose helping a wet suit slide on reminds me of the day I went for my certification check-out dive. There was a an attractive, very tall girl there helping us newbies, and she offered me a pair of tan pantyhose to wear under my wet suit, sure wish I could have taken her up on the offer. Problem was that I was married, wife was there and would have gone ballistic if I'd accepted the pantyhose, as she was totally against any sort of dressing for any reason. My younger brother was there too, also getting certified, and he would have been mortified if I'd slipped on the pantyhose.
    My name is Carol.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    -I need pantyhose because it helps compress the leg muscles to help my restless leg syndrome .
    -Panties are more comfortable.
    -I need a couple bras because my insurance company won't pay for a compression brace, and my doctor suggested it would be cheaper.
    -I can't get dressed in my normal clothes so I had to borrow the wife's pink velour sweatpants because they're easy to get on and off.
    -My feet are weirdly sized and the Payless associate recommended wearing women's shoes because the arch is different.

-This dress? It's for my wife, I swear.

Prettytoes, you are absolutely right. Keeping your armpits shaved really does help keep the pit odor down. I learned that from a female Dr. when I was stationed in the Philipines in the Navy. She also suggested keeping all body hair in h0t places trimmed or shaved. I kept it trimmed for years, now its a switch between trimming and shaving.

Do SO really believe all these I think it may be questionable Although I believe the pantyhose and wet suit is very believable

i've never used any excuses as I have no SO or people poking around. But being an avid gardener you can get away with hose for use in gardening as plant ties, protecting fruit like tomatos or veggies like cucumbers from being attacked by bugs/birds by hanging them inside, i've even seen people who grow things like melons vertically use bras and bikini's to hold melons up. So if you do any gardening you can get some of that stuff for the garden of your old stuff, and get new stuff, and just say they are your backups for when the other stuff wears out.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Have you asked your wife is she ever believed any of your "excuses"?
    When she found my stash of clothing, and I was forced to come clean, she really had no clue as to the extent of it. We have been married over 30 years. Now that she knows, I don't need excuses. So to answer your question, yes,I do think she believed them. She is very intelligent, and is a highly regarded professional. I just think she "chose" to believe it, because of her love for me...if that makes sense?
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

@ Closeted Kat - If you have ever worked with really small items that are sensitive to magnetism, like clock and watch parts, for example, you'd know that the only way to find ones that got dropped on the floor is to vacuum them up. Putting one leg of a pair of panty hose in the vacuum cleaner wand. turns it into a fine nylon mesh bag, that catches the parts, and you don't need to de magnetize them afterward.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

I have the perfect excuse for pantyhose. The doctor told me I should after having a couple of dangerous blood clots. (True in my case.) But excuses for a bra? How about

"I thought I was getting moobs, so I wear this to keep my chest from getting saggy."

Or "It's for sensitivity training at work." (If she buys that, you could really ride it for all it's worth.)

Or "I wear it to keep my breast forms, no no I mean chest warmers from falling off. I get chest colds a lot."

But the one I like best is, "I'm transgendered and it makes me feel normal." Being in the closet is such a pain.

Platinum Member
    Hi PT, I never really had to make excuses.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

- High heels are good exercise for my legs and ankles and feel better on my flat feet.
    - Long nails are useful as little tweezers when picking up small parts.
    - Nail polish helps with eye-hand coordination.
    - Eyeshadow helps keep the glare out of my eyes when I'm doing photography outside on a sunny day.
    - Similarly, false eyelashes help keep dust out of my eyes.
    - Shaved arms and legs are cooler in the summer. And underarms don't smell as bad.
    - Women's jeans with a little spandex fit better.

I doubt anybody buys any of these statements for a second, but I'm always ready!

- Diane

I've come up with a few stories for my roommates.

Shaved Arms/Legs - "I'm moonlighting as a body builder."
    High heels - "I need them to clean the top shelf; Your welcome"

I've yet to think up something to say if someone found my dresses other than; "I wear them to not be naked"; still working on that one.

These are called excuses because that's what they are. Simple rationalizations. I was going to point out the wetsuit thing as absolute BS but that would relate to surfing wetsuits. Can't say I've tried diving suits though, could be something there for all I know because they are heavier.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)