Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Headed to Las Vegas and where would you go?

I rarely gamble.
    Last time I was there I spent $3 on KENO when I was having dinner ... and won a free dinner.
    Otherwise .... I agree.

Gold Member
    Everyone is spot on. A great place to go be yourself. But I am the overcautious type, so I would say that I would stick to Fremont St or the strip in the real late or very early hours. There are some bars and associated areas off strip that could be questionable, so with so much to choose from, it is easy to line those out.

If your here on the first friday of the month there is first friday art/pub crawl downtown
    Cops are plenty so its pretty safe and popular

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places.
    Prene, all of the advice (except above) has been good. We're in our winter season, 40-60, right now but this weekend it will be in the 70's. Generally there's 340 days of sunshine per year. All of the resort personnel are aware that our guests are to be fully respected and acknowledged as the gender they project. And your safety and enjoyment are of paramount concern to the industry. It would take weeks to actually see everything in this town so prepare for sensory overload. If you rent a car, do be mindful of other drivers. It's a little wild on the roads sometimes but law enforcement is top notch. While you're here, if you get a chance, check out Saver's. There's several locations. Best damn thrift store in the world. You should see my closet!

I've heard a rumor that the slot machines closest to the lobby and guest elevators are tweaked to hit more often but, that might just be a rumor.

Anyway, come on! Have a good time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Thanks to you all.

I should be there soon.

if any of you have a nice nightclub/spot to go to where I can go, without to much testostrone.

Go any where do anything in the tourist parts stay out of the north town area. On Fremont street they there is performers and such a lot of people and always police around to stop altercations. Having lived here almost a year I can say you see it all and nothing seams to be off limits.

I will add flex on Charleston is a friendly club slow during the week. The weather here it is chilly at night and early mornings but nice during the day. And no 11 is not late here that's just getting started. There is a drag show divas of Las Vegas. I have not been can't say if it is good or not.
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-25-2015 at 05:15 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Quote Originally Posted by wbdavid View Post
    There is a drag show divas of Las Vegas. I have not been can't say if it is good or not.
    Yep, its good. I just got home from there. Bought one of your sisters a drink.

The Strip and Fremont St.
    I enjoyed a walk dressed and chatted with some girls of the night.
    I had my wife with me and it was a pleasant walk and interaction with the locals.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    I have never seen a cder out on the strip.
    If a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does that mean it didn't fall?

I've done Diva Las Vegas five years running and have navigated the Strip many many many times, morning, noon & night, (over)dressed to the nines heading to an event and blendable to the point where I've been utterly ignored (but who knows what was happening in my wake).

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    Las Vegas is not one of my favorite places. My philosophy on going out is more about going places with lovely CD girlfriends and being the party rather than looking for one.
    DLV is a place where you can do both. And for someone flying solo in Vegas (because we cannot always have our dearest friends in tow), there are plenty of places to go in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    If you're nervous at all, Prene? The Fremont St. Experience is like Mardigras every nite. No one even batted at eye at Sherry there!

Attachment 239679

Alice is a member here also!
    Speaking of dearest friends in tow, awwwww, I just love you both!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    The place Allie is referring to is named Mon Ami Gabi ( don't spell check that on me) at the Paris.
    Agree 100%, been there twice and have had wonderful food both times. I'll have to look for those scallops when I go in March.

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    I am so excited.
    THanks for all your advise and info.
    If you have any other safe places ... I am all ears.
    Prene
    No one can really say what is "safe" but I have done pretty much anything mainstream I wish in Vegas, table gaming, slots, Strip, Fremont Street, Fashion Show Mall, dining, dancing at Paris, lounging by the pool, etc. Even went to a concert at Caesars (helllloooooo Elton!!!). I have never had anything but a wonderful experience. I hope you have a fun trip!!!
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)