Thread: It's not for you obviously

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar

It's not for you obviously

Bought a blouse from Value Work Uniforms website on friday after getting paid.
    Got a call from them today to say they had not got the one that i chose and that it would be a while until that particular one came in again.
    The lady on the phone then made the assumption "Its not for you obviously" as the order was in my name.
    Me thinking "No of course not........." then i proceeded to ask my "missus" what she wanted instead and chose another one.
    What does it matter to them?? They are getting my money lol
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I would have said, "you assume wrong ma'am. I am a paying customer, and I want what I want, and I will NOT be insulted for it. I'd like to speak with your manager or supervisor please." There is simply no sense for commentary such as that to a paying customer, no matter the gender assumed.

Ever & Always,
    A head shaking Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    Won't be ordering from there again anyway.
    They should be happy that they are getting your money whether you are a real woman or not.
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    My sentiments exactly hon.

But when you think about it, there shouldn't be any room in a modern society where a biased comment like that should be welcome. But even if you were a husband buying it for your wife it would not have been appropriate either. If that's what a wife wanted, and the husband was getting it for her, that sort of commentary doesn't progress the order along, make it any easier or satisfies your needs as a consumer. I think that call taker may be in need of additional training.

Ever & Always,
    Seeking a better customer service experience Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I think this was a case of the company assuming if its a work uniform, you will need it fairly quickly.

This was the basic reason for the call to allow you to choose an alternative.

They have assumed from your voice you are male, and since the garment was for a female it cant be for you.

I know a few females who get really angry at being mis gendered on the phone.

Is it really worth worrying about if your getting a bargain ?
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

i've had companies call and think i'm my wife cos of my voice tones, i don't get offended.
    Society has its norms and we're pushing the boundaries. It's not intentional offense by the caller, more just the assumed norm.
    Being in any minority implies a need to adapt for an easier life.

The legitimate business purpose of the call could have been and should have been handled without that statement. It wasn't necessary, and was bad customer service.