Thread: A Few Pics From Our Cruise

A Few Pics From Our Cruise

This was my second vacation since my transition, the first was last fall at the beach. I found out I was much more comfortable in my new skin, so to speak. I was not nearly as self-conscious as I was at the beach, just more at ease. I don't know how many read my journal post about losing my daughter but the cruise came at just the right time to help me get past that as well, at least for the most part. The acceptance I felt from everyone I met was a great boost to my self-esteem.

Our table mates were 3 other ladies from Alabama and they took me for what I am, just another woman. We are now all friends on FB and plan to take more trips together. I just felt so wonderful whether playing Black Jack with the mostly boys or out with our new friends.

Once you truly accept yourself others will too. The only thing I didn't really like was men staring at me as I was passing them by on the ship. My friend Michelle told me "look you are beautiful so just own it". Once I adopted that attitude it didn't bother me nearly as much. I did notice my posture is somewhat better when I walk as a proud woman instead of a beaten down male that never quite fit in.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rachel Smith; 01-19-2015 at 03:24 PM.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

You look lovely Rachel......hope you had a wonderful time.

I'm so jealous. You look fabulous! Nikki

Sounds like a wonderful time! Good for you. Like the line "Once you truly accept yourself, others will to". Very thought provoking.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Lovely photo's Rachel, you look very happy and so nice you made some new friends

Janice

Beautiful! Aren't cruises fun? Where did you go?

Karen

We went to Cozumel and Progresso. Cozumel is where we swam with the dolphins but the weather was cold and damp. In Progresso, which is on the Yucatan Peninsula, it was warm and sunny.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Platinum Member
    Glad to see you out and enjoying life after all you've been through.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

You look fabolous and happy! Keep on that way.

Thank you everyone. I am happier then ever in my life and wish everyone here could be so.

HI Racael ,
    Wow !! very nice indeed you positively look like you are enjoying yourself .
    hugs phylis anne