Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: blocked at a big box store?

Most store management has no idea what the proxy is blocking.

I think that this site would fall under a forum category and by default most of those sites are blocked

Then again Home Depot is owned by certain groups wacky religious groups that find us "sinful".

Try your local true value store. More knowledgeable people and usually run and owned by local people.

Maybe some employees are crossdressers who have been spending time on this site instead of working. haha

Wow, how important can it be that you have to get on this site at Home Depot. They have their reasons I'm sure which most likely have nothing to do with the fact we are cross dressers. Will still go there to get my plumbing supplies.

1) Rather than devote the time and exposure to liability, some companies subscribe to a black-list service.
    2) If a web site is hosted on a server that hosts other sites that are black-listed, the server itself can be black-listed.

Best wishes
    MsVal

When I originally posted this I had no idea it would be such a touchy subject! Reading the responses this morning all I can do is laugh and shake my head... seriously the focus here shouldn't be the toenail, so to speak, but instead the whole foot! Which in imho should acceptance and change. If I shop somewhere that gives out free coffee that is bad, I do say something because to me it is a reflection of that company. I was raised if you're not part of the solution, you are the problem! So after a quick call and a couple of emails, a very apologetic and great full store gm said she would do everything possible to bring more awareness to this issue. So here's some advice... instead of telling someone to just get over it, be supportive and encourage them to stand up for what they believe in!
    Last edited by franchesca; 01-20-2015 at 12:13 PM.
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Quote Originally Posted by franchesca View Post
    I was raised if you're not part of the solution, you are the problem!
    You'll get a lot of agreement with that statement, but there also seems to be a lot of agreement that the inability to access this site from Home Depot hardly qualifies as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    You'll get a lot of agreement with that statement, but there also seems to be a lot of agreement that the inability to access this site from Home Depot hardly qualifies as a problem.
    You're absolutely right! This is a very trivial and easily rectified issue... however this thread has been a definite eye opener for me.
    ♥franchesca #transgender

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaFoxx View Post
    Its nothing on the Home Depot, its the software that they use, they don't want people to go to "bad sites".
    Just for the record, you counter dicted yourself here. HD knows what their software does and doesn't do so yes, it's on HD. Even though they reserve the right to block whatever while your on their service.

Personally, I wouldn't want to connected to any of these wifi hotspots because while your connected they are collecting your personal data, your shopping trends and god only knows what else. Seems like an easy way to get outed if you didn't intend to.
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 01-20-2015 at 02:39 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

We don't have those stores here but I think most places have some kind of wifi security and secondly I would not want to use any of my passwords on a open wifi too much risk I think. But I'm sure there are a lot of stores that block a lot of sites due to the nature of them.

Crossdressing has nothing to do with what Home Depot sells, so why would they need to offer access? I've accessed lots of HD's competitors websites to compare prices while in their store, and occasionally have come up with an example to get the manager to at least come close to the price, adding that I could get it there right then, or take a chance on ordering it and it not being available. Next visit, they still hadn't blocked their competitors sites. That's all I really care about when I'm at home depot.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

That's suck because is the same for me at work, but I'm feeling more comfortable at home....relax girls, just go to the flow
    Il n'y a rien qui vous rend plus heureux que la liberté d'être vous-même et être honnête avec vous aussi.