Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I got busted

Aspiring Member

I got busted

I was wearing some pants that I got from Kohls junior dept, metal stars on the cargo pockets and a button/strap on the side to make them into capris. A neighbor was over yesterday and made the comment. Are those women's pants? I said no but she said They have stars and a button to make them into capris. you are wearing women's pants. Now the pants are not overly feminine but a little tighter than a male pant would be and are close to being hiking pants. My wife knows and accepts the panties and sometimes pantyhose but has never commented on the fem pants. I don't know if she doesn't realize that the pants are women's or that she just lets it slide. I have several similar pair although not all the same style/design. Anyway, the wife was right there but did not say a word. If she looks at the sizing, the cat will be out of the bag for sure.
    SheriM

Follow your dream.
    If the wife is ok with panties and pantyhose I doubt she will have an issue with the pants.

Platinum Member
    yeah, I don't see a lot of cats left in that bag as it is. She certainly noticed the decorations and fit, just as that neighbor woman did. I don't think there's much left to hide from either one of them.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    Your wife is probably thinking to herself "You thought you were so sly. You busted yourself, now deal with it!"

I agree with Stephanie,

Your wife feels that since you made the problem you can figure out how to deal with it. My wife has the same attitude about some of my fashion choices.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sheri,

The cat escaped the bag with the metal stars and Capri pants strap . I am guessing your wife either does not care or chooses to ignore it.

Hugs

Isha

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    Your wife is probably thinking to herself "You thought you were so sly. You busted yourself, now deal with it!"
    The Shakespearean line "hoist by his own petard" comes to mind. LOL
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Banned Read only
    And did you reply to the neighbor lady, yes ain't it great? What kind of pants are you wearing today?

Just tell her to get over it or you will go put on a dress.

The moment you lie you subject yourself to getting caught and in this case the woman knew what she was asking. She might well have owned a pair of the same capris. If you had said "Sure, I love the fit" she would have had nothing more she could have said. In fact, stating matter-of-factly that you were wearing women's pants would have established you as having great confidence in your masculinity if that was the impression you wanted to make.

BTW, men do wear Capris, but they are called "cargo shorts" or "messenger shorts." When I decided to try them I found them in the Men's department of Macy's, but the prices were double that of nearly identical Capris were in the Misses' department

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/l...26slotId%3D452

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/a...26slotId%3D343
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

" ... but the prices were double that of nearly identical Capris ..."

I have noticed the same thing in jeans and regular shorts. I have also found some women's lace up oxfords that look very close to men's, but at half the price, in the Payless website. I also discovered some women's hiking boots that were half the price of men's. I strongly suspect there is some price-fixing going on among clothing manufacturers and retailers.

Ah nosey neighbours

Quote Originally Posted by DorothyElizabeth View Post
    " ... but the prices were double that of nearly identical Capris ..."

I have noticed the same thing in jeans and regular shorts. I have also found some women's lace up oxfords that look very close to men's, but at half the price, in the Payless website. I also discovered some women's hiking boots that were half the price of men's. I strongly suspect there is some price-fixing going on among clothing manufacturers and retailers.
    For some items this may be true, but for others you have to look at the quality of the item. Women's shoes are more attractive than men's but they are also not nearly as durable. Items of similar durability such as running shoes and hiking boots seem to be equitably priced in the places I've looked.

Also, women tend to be better and more prolific shoppers so they are naturally offered more competitive prices.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I think Sheri is close to the point of not caring what people think about the whole cat/bag thing. Perhaps it's time for an honest conversation with your wife? It's her marriage too after all.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Aspiring Member
    I have not had that conversation that says "I am a crossdresser" She tolerates the panties but would prefer that I wore male underwear. There was a time - a long time ago when she even bought me a couple pair of panties but those days are gone. It is now more like DADT. She does not know how far I go.

Women see it all and something like these pants are not going to go by not noticed by any woman, especially your wife. The fact your wife said nothing means she not only was fully aware, she left you to deal with it and probably didn't really want to come out to her that her husband is fem and likes to wear women's clothing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If you don't make a big deal out of it it won't be.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Maybe. It might be worthwhile opening a conversation with her about this, to get an idea how she feels. It is possible that you crossed a line, only she will know.
    Dana Ryan

Sheri, you and your wife are each making assumptions about what the other is thinking. Some of it may be correct, but some of it may not. This will lead to decisions based on incorrect and incomplete information. These could be bad decisions with unfortunate consequences. Isn't it about time you two had "The Talk"?

In the not too distant past I was an evangelist for "The Talk". I realize now that it isn't always the best course of action for all couples. Some may prosper in a DADT situation. In your case though, you are casually wearing clothes that are obviously feminine, and somewhat comfortable with the idea of your wife and other people noticing. That isn't DADT.

You could wait for the day when your wife wants to have the talk, catching you unprepared and vulnerable, or you could have the talk at a time and place of your choosing.

I'll get down now, and put my soapbox away.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I forgot to address the issue of your wife. If those Capris go in the laundry and she does that laundry she knows. You're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Even if you do the laundry she sees them enough to know what is up.
    Eryn

The neighbor is not a nice person, she knew they are girl pants, and want to embarrass you. If your wife wash them she know there girls pants also, so not busted, If they are what you want to wear then wear them. For me girl jeans are more comfortable, like the feel, and the cut. Not the reason I started to wear them, it the main reason now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lacyfem View Post
    Women see it all and something like these pants are not going to go by not noticed by any woman, especially your wife. The fact your wife said nothing means she not only was fully aware, she left you to deal with it and probably didn't really want to come out to her that her husband is fem and likes to wear women's clothing.
    That is my thinking also . There is no way his wife did not noticed about the female pants and yet neighbor's wife did right the way . Now the cat is out of the bag he is free to dress in front of her friend from now on .

Perhaps it would have been better to just say yes and move on. After all what would the person say then. They might be so surprised that they would not say anything.

Whenever I see a public figure being "accused" of something that is not criminal, such as perhaps a homosexual relationship, I wonder if just saying yes would kill any further interest. It seems that the possibility that someone is covering up provides impetus to chase the story.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    Translation:

If you don't start none, there won't be none...

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    For some items this may be true, but for others you have to look at the quality of the item.
    You may well be correct about qua;lity. I don't see any "price break" in Bass, for example. I was quite (pleasantly) surprised to see one in Lee jeans, though. I wear their classic fit, boot cut in size 16, and often find them on sale at roughly $30.00 USD.

It was none of the neighbor ladys business, and she was out of line even mentioning it!