Thread: The day of many firsts!

Talking The day of many firsts!

I will try to keep my post as short as I can, but last night and today were CRAZY! I could have created a thread just for each topic with all details, but I will instead just summarize here. I have been on a rollercoaster the last few months, particularly December, with many first experiences, but I never went out en femme for example, and since I am considering transition, I needed to see at least a therapist. So here are the events that happened, each of which were milestones for me.

First time showing Karolyn to a non-transgendered friend
    So far, I came out to 12 people (about CDing and my intention of becoming TG). I started with a gay friend, then a TG, then a GM, then a GG, then a coworker and a few more friends, and finally a family member (my sister). My goal was to explore the different reactions I would get from people with different backgrounds, and different experiences with me. I got only positive feedback! The only slight difference was my sister who was more worried, particularly about the many consequences of transitioning. So I was getting ready this week-end to spend some time as Karolyn, and one of my friends was available to play some video games. I finally said why not, but I still wanted to be Karolyn. I asked my friend by phone and he was OK with it. He is a very straight guy, who is used to pick up girls, and a bit macho. When he saw me, his reaction was priceless! He said "OMG, you really do look like a chick!". I took that as a compliment. And actually, he really gave me positive feedback, the only issue I really have with my body now is my large shoulders. My TG friend told me that they should get less large with hormones, I hope so.

First time shopping for girl accessories in drab, without caring about what other people think
    I needed a purse to go to the gender therapist (next paragraph), but I was in drab. After the good experience I got at the mall (one of my previous threads) where you just need to ignore what other people think, I did it again, but this time at Kohls. I went for a purse, and finally I left with a purse, a wallet, two scarves and a necklace. I have never bought any of those items before in person, I was too scared.

First session with a gender therapist, and first time out en femme
    I took an appointment a week ago to see a therapist, to know if transitioning was really what I wanted. Not only it went well, but she really read through my mind sometimes, and really saw my motivation for transitioning. I had several fears about the consequences, and at the end, she made me very confident. She is going to let me transition! I am seeing her again next week to talk about how I will come out to my parents (the hardest part) and to get the HRT letter. I also went there en femme, I wanted her to evaluate how far I am in the process. That was incredible how people on the parking lot and in the corridors of the building were not even having a double take. I was walking with them, and nothing! No reaction! I even was alone with a man in the elevator, behind him, and when the door was open, he showed me I could exit first, like a lady. So happy when that happened!

First pedicure/manicure
    I was planning to go out en femme at a restaurant, but I had two hours left. I was going to do my nail polish on my toes, when I got the idea: I am en femme, let's just go to nail salon. I asked for a woman pedicure with color polish and a man manicure with clear polish. The store employees barely reacted, they definitely found out I was a guy, but they were super helpful, and were smiling at me so many times. They even encouraged me to come back. I got full service, including massage and scrub. When the guy was scrubing my legs, he said I had the skin of a baby. So nice! I got pinkish-purplish glittery toe nails, they look really nice, and that is the first time I see my hand nails so nice and glossy.

First restaurant en femme
    I finished the day going to a restaurant with my TG friend (it was a non-TG one originally, but she wasn't available). We went to a Thai place. There were about a dozen people around me that could have looked at me. Nothing! No reaction! Nobody looked at me in a weird way, and I was observing. At one moment, one girl looked in my direction, but she just looked away naturally, no double take. She was just looking around like I did. The waitress was really nice, and I was able to order myself, but tuning down my voice and having a slightly higher pitch. I barely started working on my voice. Thanks Gabriela (username Humana) for sharing her story on this forum, which was a trigger for me to have that outing at the restaurant.

Overall, an incredible day and a half, an absolute milestone in my CD life. And a big lesson: don't be scared going out, even if you are not completely passable, people just don't care. Just enjoy it!

Karolyn

Wow, Karolyn! You really jumped in with both feet!

What a wonderful day!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Thanks for sharing

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Aw that's great! What a fabulous story- please keep us updated.

Hugs and sisterly kisses, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

I'm so very happy for you. What a wonderful couple of days.
    Mega Hug

Wow Karolyn, what a day to remember! And we should all take your last sentence to heart ... thanks for sharing!

Hugs from another Florida gal,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Wow, Karolyn, you took the plunge without having to shut your eyes or hold your nose, hit the water clean, and took off swimming like a dolphin. Very impressive, indeed. I'm truly happy for you.

Best, Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Good for you Karolyn! Fun isn't it? Enjoy,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Phew! Karolyn, you've had quite a lot of 'firsts'. Each one of them is worthy of a celebration. I can sense the excitement in your words, I can imagine the smile on your lips, and I can feel the happiness in your heart.

Congratulations.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Now I'm crying... thanks for that! XD I'm so happy for you!

Biggest hugs ever!
    Gabriela

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congratulations! You do sound truly happy

Alrighty then, warp speed it is!! So happy that it is all going well for you. Keep us up to date, and if you need more "dilithium crystals", just let me know!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda Darling View Post
    Wow, Karolyn, you took the plunge without having to shut your eyes or hold your nose, hit the water clean, and took off swimming like a dolphin.
    Rhonda, you are such a poet! And it happens that dolphins are my favorite animals

Thanks everyone for your comments, I appreciate a lot. These experiences have been wonderful, I have been waiting for them to happen since forever. And the therapist being in favor of my transition was life-changing. I thought of that moment happening only in thoughts or dreams, not in real life. It gave me that confidence boost for the rest of the day, on top of this forum's members and my very supportive friends.

However, today was a different story. After that day, I kept my breastforms for sleeping (they are designed for it) and slept en femme as usual. When I woke up this morning to go back to work, I couldn't resolve myself removing the breastforms (they were glued well on top of that). I just didn't want to go back to guy mode. I did remove them because I had to (I had a presentation to do at work), and at that moment, I started to hate my male body, it made me very depressed. Seeing myself in guys clothes in the mirror was the worst. I felt extreme sleepiness then entire morning (but I slept enough last night), I couldn't focus on work at all, I finally decided to take half of my day of, I was useless anyway. I went back home, switched to femme mode (no makeup) and took a 2 hours nap. I feel a bit better now, but I'm still useless. I can at least write on that forum, but I have no motivation for anything else.

Overall, it feels that I had an overload. It is as if all those experiences drained all the adrenaline I had (or just all the energy in general), and now I just can't do anything. In that case, just be warned, don't push yourself too hard in too short of a time, you will get consequences. Or I am still in shock from the meeting with the therapist...

Anyway, cheers everyone!
    Karolyn

Wow Karolyn you really have come so far in such a short time, so pleased for you

Michelle