Thread: My Trip So Far

My Trip So Far

The past couple years so far

So in 2011, I quit my job working for a fortune 500 company and decided I would go back to school. I had never really done that well at school and did not really know how to study. I enrolled at a local College here in Canada and began. During the same time I decided to go and talk about my gender issue which I had been dealing with since I can barely remember. I made the appointment with the therapist and the game began. By 2013, I had progressed to the point where I went and got the Transgender Assessment. What do you know I passed and I had a beautifully written letter confirming me to begin HRT. Last year I took it a step further and went to see the endocrinologist. Part of that required the blood work part, which did not go very well seeing how the lab tech decided to change the gender on my form back to Male and then check out my linked in profile. Needless to say i was not impressed. This year and just today I went back to see the Endo, and what do you know? I have a prescription for Estradiol and Spironolactone.

Now I feeling nervous, excited and another huge step has been taken. I still have to tell some important people, which I will get around to when I graduate with my BA, which will be later this year. I have not started the pills yet and might let it sink in for a week.

Would love to hear some thoughts on what to expect.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 01-23-2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Sorry, dosages cannot be discussed in open forums

Banned Read only
    Well good for you, Van. The Spiro is going to make you pee,,, a lot. Remember to drink a lot more water during your day than normal. Good Luck
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 01-23-2015 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Sorry, dosages cannot be discussed in open forums

I don't know if you have obsessive thoughts from GD as I did but when I started HRT those stopped actually to the point of feeling empty headed at times from the lighting bolts in my head not being there. That was the best and biggest changes for me.

Enjoy your new life.

Hugs
    Rachel
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell