Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What kinds of problems I may encounter?

What kinds of problems I may encounter?

I am on a quest to grow my own breasts and am off to a fair start, with reasonable expectations. I want to ask those that have gone before me what kinds of problems I may encounter?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Soreness and itchy areoles.. Good luck to you

Mine were very badly behaved. They stayed out late, and ignored curfew, came back smelling of booze, and covered in lipstick. The key is discipline.

Only problems I had were hiding them before I was full time. and yah they might itch.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Paula ... you are BAD! <grin>

I am beginning to have some itching and tenderness. I've been expecting that and to a degree, I'm happy to have the validation that what I'm doing is beginning to work.

What kinds of social or emotional issues have others had? How did (do) you handle them?

Best wishes
    MsVal

Emotional? hmmm I fell in love with them...

MsVal, you have not said that you are part of a proper HRT program. I hope you are, then both the breasts developing and the emotional issues come from a common cause, the HRT. It is not the breasts themselves which might cause the emotional issues.

If you are not part of a proper HRT program and are doing this by yourself, be very cautious. Damage to your liver can result and even worse depending on just what you are doing to yourself. This is something not to toy with.

If you are doing it as part of HRT, then ask your medical professionals, they are there to help you in this effort.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Gold Member
    I guess the question back is, what kind of problems are you expecting? HRT by itself has side effects, whether your breasts grow or not. But as stated above, you can be sore and/or itchy. I am not sure what else there could be.

I keep mine harnessed down, so they can't get out and misbehave like Paula's. Thats what happens when you don't restrain them and set them free!
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 01-24-2015 at 08:45 AM.

Silver Member
    the only problem I have had with mine is they never grew very big.

plenty of water

Silver Member
    The TS perspective isn't about looking like a woman, it's about reaching body-mind congruence. Transsexuals often have issues with breast growth prior to social transition. It's an acceptable trade-off for the psychological validation for most of us. The problems I've personally encountered include relationship damage as the reality of transition settles in, and hyperkalemia from Spironolactone. Others have conflicts over augumentation. Some wrestle with limitations in activities and (male) clothing choices. We stress over anatomical differences as they relate to breast size, bra fit, and figure. Some of us spend a lot of time agonizing over genetic potential. We have issues and concerns ranging from mammograms to lactation to prolactinoma. We worry about serum levels of estradiol, administration route differences, and the merits (or lack of) progestogens. About clots and cancer risks. Blocked ducts, bleeding, uneven growth, lumps and cysts, tanner stages, tubular growth, regression prior to surgery and more.

For a crossdresser perspective on living permanently as a man, identifying as a man, with breasts, I suggest asking other CDs (you identify as a CD, per your earlier posts). Their issues, whether on the way or on arrival, are no doubt different.
    Lea

Thank you all for your responses. They range from the silly <grin> to the serious <thoughtful> and all are helpful.

I want to address Lea's thought provoking post.

I am a slave to logic and reason, a worshiper of planning.

As I've come to learn more about myself. I see that my center, my comfortable place long ago left the 'M' side of the spectrum and is moving well into the 'F' side. I have no reason to believe that it will stop where it is. My therapist earlier said that I was a 'plain vanilla crossdresser' but now wants to avoid labels. I am beginning to question that earlier label.

This past year was a year of discovery and learning. I believe that 2015 will be a pivotal year in many ways.

Organic breast growth and other feminization take quite a while to achieve results, if they do at all. I've lived longer than any of my ancestors, save my mother who passed away 10 years ago. It may be time to develop a plan that is achievable in my remaining years. Plans involve risk. Risk needs to be understood and managed. I expect to be blindsided by some Unknown Unknown, but shame on me to be blindsided by a Known Unknown.

And that is why I am thankful for the information and advice I receive from any of those who have walked the path before me, regardless of their label.

Best wishes
    MsVal

With regards to your OP, what is your concern specifically?

Thank you for your question, Kaitlyn.
    Sometimes one does not know what questions to ask. That is why my original post was intentionally open ended.
    I can think of these, but there may be more.
    - Health
    - Social
    - Emotional
    - Practical

Can you offer some insight?

Best wishes
    MsVal

The biggest thing I would say is that you can't have the answer you seek.

It's totally and completely unpredictable based on you genetics, your doses, your delivery methods, your testosterone (are you blocking that?) and even your emotional state going into it.
    Bursting into tears for no reason for example. Not the biggest issue but I know people who for weeks cried multiple times daily!

It can cause health problems including high cholesterol and worse, it can cause emotional problems especially if you are not doing this to live as your true self,..
    You should be getting regular blood work to make sure you are not creating outside health issues. I have my blood tested 4x a year and I pay extra because those tests are not covered.

Physically its possible almost nothing happens and its possible that they grow enough to cause you problems socially..
    At our age, its much more likely that nothing or very little happens. You need to prepare for that

That's kind of why I asked...I thought your question might be very general and there is really no answer to it..
    This is something that you do and see what happens. People will try to answer with what happened for them, but frankly if you lined up 100 of us, you'd get 100 answers all over the map...its no help to you..

If you are doing this, see what happens, and if something develops then i'm sure people here will be able to relate to your experience and figure out the best way to handle things.

Problems? For me, it's finding bras that "really" fit me. Everything is a compromise. I wish they made 40A's with small cups.

The other major problem is patience. It took me 6 years to get something that looked like actual breasts.

The real question that would I have for you is: Why?

Are breasts something special for you - and to have them is important? For what reason?

Lea hinted at this when she made a statement at the beginning of her post, but she did not frame it as a question.

What if after all the hormones the results are unsatisfactory, what will you do then? Frances pointed to something that is kind of important, how to find the right fitting garments. Have you taken your measurements? Some may think that is a weird question ut the garment industry is geared to women's bodies in women's clothes and especially with bras.

And it all comes back to why. Sliding along the M/F spectrum what is it that makes you want to have boobs? What will you do with them? Will you hide them most of the time and sometimes let them out to admire them - their growth in minuscule increments. Are you planning to live the life of a woman?

I know, you asked for information and all of that is abundantly found around the net. But how do you assess health, social, emotional and practical risks if there is no discernible reason to take them. Or is it just a fancy?
    "Never forget the many ways there are to be human" (The Transsexual Taboo)

Knowing what your expectations are would be helpful. Do you plan to transition? Are you already living as a woman in public? Do you plan to? Do you suffer with gd and hope hormones will give relief? Would breast enhancement possibly be a better choice?

Actually, not having expectations would be more useful.

^^^
    After reading sad stories of transwomen who got no or next to no growth in the range of years this is the best way to go.

One problem is walking boob first into things or even worse squeezing through somewhere and slamming the side of your boob on a wall.

or the worst...

that fricking corner of the car door...

That hasn't happened to me. Yet.
    Only a matter of time though because I'm very clumsy.

Last night I kept tossing and turning because somehow I'd end up resting on my boobs and grumbling a bit each time.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Frances View Post
    Actually, not having expectations would be more useful.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post

that fricking corner of the car door...
    Oh
    My
    God ...
    Lea

So if I can sum it up.

Taking HRT to just grow breasts is a health risk, its iffy(especially if you are older) at best and unless you want to be disappointed you should probably assume you'll get no growth or very little..

If you do get a lot, then you will have to for the rest of your life bind them and hide them.

All the while, you will bang them against things and it will hurt.

Well.. Can't say on some of this.. Don't think my levels are where I get too drastically emotional yet (most of the time) but I will just state what I've noticed on the medical/technical side myself.

This is early on..3-months experience. Yes, they get sore..and more sensitive. Started for me by 10-14 days in.
    In my 'young' experience.. It seems they grow (especially with standard E and blocker) in cycles.
    And this is mainly more under the areola section..
    As the areolae section (and nearby tissue) aches, it seems to be defining where areola may end up growing to each time. (At least for me...). Basically... Started with aches. More solidness grew under nipples/areola.. A cycle seemed to end then with bigger outer visible areola and nipple itchiness. Then back to more aches, covering bigger core areas and so on.
    The cores are the center of aches/pains at least for me.
    Oh.. And my nipples sort of vanished.. I had neat nipples. The areola cores grew up more around the nips so they didn't show anymore.
    My Outies Became innies
    Although recently there's indications of those starting to grow more on top of the new cores again.

Getting some outer area (outside the areola center) growth, but not as much. (Mom was a 34AA so didn't expect miracles :/ )

Anyways..that's it so far for me. Some may be different from others as I know I've had some T spikes yet. And I wonder if that causes some pauses in the process...

Oh and car doors.. Yyeah. Been there.
    Luckily, I'm still wearing forms in top to soften the blow.. But I still felt it...dang door snaps back too fast at times..
    Can't wait till I have enough to not need the forms... Gonna be a while unfortunately, though.
    Kacey Rhiannon - (FB Page) (Twitter)
    Bliss is your birthright! Feel Sexy Every Day!