... what do you do?

I was out doing some shopping with my wife today. Groceries, mostly, so nothing really fun and exciting. Well, we decided I needed some sort of a facial cleanser and makeup remover, so we went to that section of the store.

While looking I could have sworn I saw someone dressed up. I kind of did a double take, but I didn't want to stare or be impolite. We walked around to another section and I said to my wife "I think that's a man" and she said she thought the same.

So now I'm walking around the makeup section looking through the facial scrubs and such. I wish I could have said something. I wanted to say something. I wanted to find out more about going out in public in our area. I wanted to know if she was a member here. I wanted to stare, but I felt terrible. It wasn't a "wow, that's a man?" stare, but a "wow, I'm not alone around here?" kind of stare. I guess I was jealous of the bravery involved.

Well, I didn't manage to say anything, and I saw them pass by again on their way toward the exit.

Have you ever seen someone else dressed up while you weren't? Were you interested in finding out about them?

I guess I'm just excited to know there are others out there in my area. I mean, it's pretty much a guarantee that there are several, but this was the first time I had seen them.