Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When you see someone dressed in public...

Phylis Anne has a great idea! Also you could ask..."Do you have the CD time?" "Ohmigosh; I am in such a tizzy. I only have five hours to find a cute outfit for support group!"
    "Where did you get those shoes. They are just so, so cute. I just had to say something."
    "Do you think this top would fit me?"

I have met at least four over the years.

Banned Read only
    A few weeks ago, my wife and I were in a store. I saw one employee and one customer who were transgender. My wife noticed also. As I was in the store for the expressed purpose of looking for dresses, I think that was a pretty clear reference. The customer left a few minutes after I noticed her, so there was no possible interaction there. The employee did not wait on me, but was close by when I paid for what I had picked out. I made a few witty remarks as I am want to do, but she wasn't moved to say anything and I didn't want to press it.

I am not one given to starting conversations with perfect strangers, but on occassion I will. Largely it depends upon the energy that folks give off. Often if someone is in their own world, I can sense that they would just rather keep to themselves. I try to respect that. I have no burning desire to find out how long they've been dressing, or who does their hair or whatever. If I did ask, it would only be after a certain comfort level had been reached.

I was once in the Pentagon City Mall Macy's shoe section with my fiancee and saw a member from this board. I thought about approaching, but decided not to.

Recently, I was walking in the park and spotted what I thought was one of us. I wanted to make contact with her. So I sat down on the bench near her, and whispered, "You look amazing, just like a real woman". She jumped up and began flailing away at me with her purse.

ruth buzzy.jpg

Thank you for that Melanie Anne LOL Jean

I believe the common etiquette is to not acknowledge that you have read a CD. I believe it would be polite to call a CD Miss or Ma'am and never let on that you know anything further. If you really want to have a CD conversation with them, I suppose you could start with a question about where they bought their beautiful <clothing item>. If you confess you are a CD, then the other person might reveal that they are a CD. For me, I occasionally ask tall women where they find pants tall enough. I have never asked that of a CD, however.

My wife and I were at the mall, leaving Sephora, and we passed two pretty 20-something women entering, one I am almost sure was not GG. I did a double take, she noticed and smiled, and we went our our merry ways. I wondered for a bit if "she knew I knew", but I am pretty sure she did. What I really want to know is, combining both my quick notice of her and the store I was leaving, did she figure me out? I do like to think so.... I have never been out of the house but if I was and was noticed by another CD or supporter I would definitely want them to say hi.

Banned Read only
    Wouldn't be great if we could create a secret gesture between dressers which would indicate "You look amazing, you go girl"?
    Maybe pointing with the left hand pinkie? The thankyou would come with a left hand pinkie pointed up...

The universal sign goes like this . You are suppose to walk up to them , snap your finger twice , while make a big sweeping motion with your arm and say "GIRL YOU SERVING " in loud voice .

Do that only if they are not in a restaurant .. That would be kinda odd .

It took me a while to find this tread again and its old and has probably hashed to death, but it was one of the first ones I read when I found this site and as i would really like to find a like minded person to chat to in person it has been in the back of my mind for a while. I haven't really seen another girl in my area, but then again I haven't really looked. Also I haven't learned the secret hand shake yet. so I had a thought on this and wondered what the consensuses was.
    As I'm not courageous enough to go shopping dress up yet, I figure If were to ever cross paths with another CD I would be in my normal old drab and not looking to come off as a creepy old man looking for a hook up so I came up with this.
    I made up some simple business cards. My little Batgirl logo, my girl name and a simple "loves to chat over a good cup of coffee. I then included my gmail address. I figure if the opportunity ever percented itself, A compliment on her shoes, or question about a product on the shelf then a quick "oh here in case you are interested" then a "have a nice day and off to continue my day without lingering for a reply.
    I figure the down side is a quick duck to avoid a flying hand bag if I was wrong or having to change my gmail account if things went wrong.
    I kind of thought it was a non threatening way to say Hi sister. it also leaves it up to them to make the next move if any.
    More then likely these cards will stay in my wallet forever, but what do you all think?
    Victoria D
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

My wife and I had been shopping in a major store one evening. We were approaching a girl who was a CD. She was walking thru the women's section of clothing as we were too. Two thoughts I had: 1. She was pretty in her own way, 2. I was soooo envious

I'm so new to this. It's like owning a type of car, once you own one you see them everywhere, before you never noticed. Before I rarely went shopping, now its my fave past-time, how things have changed! So on Monday yes I noticed a fellow CD'er, and I was not dressed. They knew I'd noticed, they had a little smile to themselves and nothing was said. I felt he knew I was also one of the tribe, and that was enough.

Hi,

Very nice thread. I have two stories to share. One was a very trashy man in floral pants and red high heel pumps my wife saw in Zurich downtown. People were making fun of him and taking photos. I was sad about the story, I felt from the description, he was simply a lost soul without support and advice.

http://femidity.ch/articles/man-in-f...gh-heel-pumps/

Another encounter was a nice crossdresser lady at a department store, who looked great, but was not passing. People did not cause her problems, but she was turning heads and raising attention. I think she chose a combination of feminine attire, which altogether signaled very much, she was a crossdresser. No offense, I would not be even closely passing as she did.

http://femidity.ch/articles/sales-50/

I added the links, if you want to read the whole of the stories.

Kisses,

Detty

@Victoria D: The business card is a very nice idea, but I think it would not work. You would scare her off, she could not tell that you are a co-affected, co-involved individual. A secret sign would be actually great as well.

a circle with a vertical line through middle would look like CD ... it could be a brooch-pin or ?

When i lived in Tacoma Wa, one cashier at a local gas station, had the most gorgeous fingernails painted nicely, and longish dark brown hair, with male voice,. I was thinking of telling that i was a dresser, but never did. I just treated the person like anyone else, with courtesy.

Quote Originally Posted by ophelia View Post
    Wouldn't be great if we could create a secret gesture between dressers which would indicate "You look amazing, you go girl"?
    How about a simple thumbs up?

Platinum Member
    I have seen or thought I saw a fellow traveler in the local grocery. On that occasion I was not dressed. The individual looked perfectly presentable and w as going about her business, so I minded mine.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

This is for Jorja ,
    I loved your reply it was hillarious lmao I can just see this happening in a store
    hugs phylis

Banned Read only
    I once had a chance to participate in a public makeover session by a transgenders MUA at MAC in Vancouver-Granville Bay Store, but I couldn't get the extension on the B&B. I was sooooooo disappointed.
    How about..."You're tuckolicious!"?

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Just think how awkward it would be if you walked up to someone you took for a crossdresser and said "Hi, my name is Felicia and I'm a crossdresser just like you." and it turned out to be a generic woman?
    I did something very similar the other night. I was in a bar that had a drag show going on. She came up to the bar next to me to buy a drink. I said it was nice that she was dressed up. Then she said, in a clearly GG voice, that she wasnt that dressed up.

I always try to make a fool of myself when I see, or think I see, a CD.
    Last edited by Andy66; 02-20-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMCD View Post
    I said to my wife "I think that's a man" and she said she thought the same.
    Irrespective of whether the individual was GG, GM, CD, TG or TS, at that particular point in time she was wishing to present as a woman. I think it is worthwhile to try and remember that and to treat her and think of her as a woman. That being the case then I think the greatest compliment you can offer her is to interact with her as if she were a woman. Now if during that interaction (maybe you provide assistance with looking for a particular item or perhaps provide some experience / comment e.g. I've tried the bright blue mascara but it just doesn't suit me) she gave some advice or indication that she identified as a CD / TG or whatever THEN the door is open to further develop that interaction.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    It's incredible to me that so many of you have mutual encounters with other CDs. I don't think I've ever encountered another en femme, and I consider myself to be pretty observant.

I've thought to ask "Excuse me, but do you know Ann Wesley?" If she recognizes the name (from this group, or any other forum I'm in) then I'd say "I'm Ann". If she doesn't recognize the name then -- well we take it from there.

jorja, that is really funny , had a dream about that woke up in a sweat lol

I've seen sisters when I've been various places (both when I was dressed and drab) and yes, I've had the urge to greet them and say hello. But I always suppress that urge giving them the space to be them without intrusion. When I'm out it's not to be a leader, not to promote a cause, it's to express myself. This, for me, is much more than just dressing up. I want to just be me. It would upset me if someone came up to me and said, "hi, I'm a crossdresser too". I don't go to lengths to hide anymore. I do my best to blend in and I don't want to be "outed" because someone has the need to tell me they share this with me.
    Give me a wink or a head nod or a little knowing smile, but please, don't approach me. If I'm at a venue which is obviously TG then fine, but in the mall, the restaurant, etc, just acknowledge you know and enjoy your day.

Sorry if this seems a little callous, I just want to be me and nothing more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !