Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I did a dumb thing.

I did a dumb thing.

Not thinking I did a dumb thing. I was under dressed while traveling. I was wearing a cute pink bra with matching panties. I often wear them as l feel normal in them. Not thinking I went to the airport. While standing in the TSA line it dawned on me what if their machine sees it! I stated to get nervous but there was nothing I could do as I was in line and had to get on a plane. Well the machine saw through my outer clothes. This caused the TSA to pat me down. The male agent used respect while he patted me down. Once on my back found the bra clasp then traced it until he found the shoulder straps and then traced them until he figured out what it was. All he said was OK you are all set you are free to go. I was just mortified. I will never ever put myself through that stress again. I was so upset with myself how I could be so careless.
    It's Okay to feel like a girl some times

Believe it or not, they are trained on this. He was just making sure it was a bra and nothing else. Still, I can see how it would be very embarrassing if one is closeted.

Platinum Member
    They don't care about your underwear, whatever it may be, so long as it's not concealing something else.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    If your worried about TSA seeing your undies? Maybe underdressing isn't your thing, Femm?

I quit underdressing because NO ONE could see I was wearing ladies things, including me, and that got old! TSA mite have stimulated me to keep doing it.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

The only problem I see, is you need to find a dress and shoes to match.

Cautiously comfortable. That should be your new mantra. I am happy to hear your episode was something less dramatic than it could have been. TSA may have their downside but sounds like this was handled respectfully.

Banned Read only
    and the moral of the story is, NOBODY CARES. TSA, in general, are great. They are looking for terrorists not cross dressers.

Aspiring Member
    How many male employees do you think that airport has? If only five percent of the population cd's, that means one out of every twenty male employees there wish they were wearing your bra.

I just hope terrorists never start using breast forms made out of C-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    and the moral of the story is, NOBODY CARES. TSA, in general, are great. They are looking for terrorists not cross dressers.
    Jennifer has it right on. So the agent found out you were wearing a bra ... and maybe someone saw him tracing bra lines ... did the world end? As our Aussie friends say, "No worries" ... you can be more relaxed about it the next time it happens!

This almost never happens with GG's.... I think the agents expect a bra. It's interesting that I've had my bra straps patted down when flying underdressed en drab, but never when en femme.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Reality Check
    Somewhere on the Internet there's a cartoon of an apparently "hot chick" getting ready to go through the airport X-ray machine and the agents getting all worked up. In the next frame she is standing there and the X-ray shows her large penis and testicles. I wish I could find it again.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrie R View Post
    I just hope terrorists never start using breast forms made out of C-4.
    Yep, at Reagan National in DC they didn't give a hoot about the bra, garter belt, stockings and panties I was wearing but, they had to take both of my breastforms out of my carry-on and test them for explosives. In Las Vegas, the TSA lady just looked at my boobies on the x-ray and said, "Which show do you work at, Hon?"
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

There are two themes here.

The first is yay TSA, that for the most part they handle our community with respect as has been demonstrated repeatedly.

The other though baffles me. How does one become so entrenched in their underdressing that they end up saying "oops" when going to the doctor, through airport screening, etc??? This is especially true of those who are trying to be stealthy in that they'd prefer not to be outed to ANYONE (because of course we never hear from those who don't care other than to say the other party, doctor/TSW/whomever, didn't care either).
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Same thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was wearing a sports bra as I do most times when travelling as there is no metal in them. I was in DRAB on this one (jeans, t-shirt, ball cap, very little make up) and went through the body scanner. I was pulled aside for a pat down, and he did the same thing. Patted down my back and my shoulders. Once he was happy that it was okay, he said in a voice just loud enough for others to hear...."Sir, it was just your hat, you are good to go". I thought that was rather sweet of him, as it could have been a lot worse. He gave me an "out" which he didn't have to do. TSA is getting better??
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Banned Read only
    At least your weren't wearing forms ! Which may have given you more of a problem !

I don't get it. I don't see the self-proclaimed "dumb thing". You were wearing clothing that was comfortable. The agents are there to look for suspicious and unusual things that could be dangerous. A man wearing a bra is unusual and merits a closer examination. The agent did his job in a professional manner, and then continued to do his job several hundred times more until the end of his shift. You continued on your trip, comfortably dressed. (I hope that your trip was otherwise uneventful.)

I think you should do it again, and again, until you can be truly and fully comfortable.

Best wishes
    MsVal

i do dumb things all the time, just dont share them here.....

so i think the worst you will suffer is being added to crossdresser watch list for the TSA.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

The TSA employee had probably forgotten you by the time his shift ended. Not dumb at all.

maybe you wanted to be caught, very exciting! melaknee

Nothing come from it, so why not do it again and again, the last time I flew, went from Vegas to Grand Forks ND, no problems in Vegas, but flying back, the TSA had me open my bag and pull out the bag I had my make up in, when I pull the bags out there was all my dress I had taken with me. Every one around me could see, but no one seem to notice, even my boss two people behind me. My point is you live through it. You said you do it to feel normal, about your self, so why stop, doing what feel good.

I always send all my clothes as checked baggage.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I had a bra on while going through Dulles this summer and got patted down. Not a word was said.

Not quite the same thing but relevant to being patted down. I used to have to attend court cases for my old job and always underdressed whilst wearing a male suit. On one occasion at Mmerthyr Tydfil court in Wales I set the walk-through metal detector off (nothing odd there as it my belt was normally the culprit for this). I was patted down and the security guard found my bra after feeling for it and with quite a snide mark asked "What's under your clothes?" knowing full well what it was. I politely said "My underwear, do you need to see it to be safe?" He looked at me with utter disdain and just just nodded for me to go.

Every other court in the UK where I was patted down did just as your TAS staff, found the bra, knew what it was, looked at me and then let it go knowing it was not an issue. Hell a few of them had to go through my over night bag as well and found boots, women's nightwear, tops etc. They knew exactly what I was up to do and doing but (rightly) did not care as it had not bearing on their job or the security of the court.

My point: As long as you are comfortable and accept you may be patted down there is no issue. 99% of the time you will be fine

HA, I get patted down ALL THE TIME, why u ask------because I have had both my hips replaced!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    The same thing has happened to me. It wasn't a big deal and the tsa person was professional.