Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulled over en femme!

Unhappy Pulled over en femme!

Last week while driving home, I inadvertently ran a stop sign. A state trooper happened to pull me over. On this occasion I was fully dressed with a fashionable long skirt, linen blouse, wedges, wig, makeup, the whole nine yards. When I gave the trooper my license and insurance, he looked at it, then at me and said "this is a male's license". I have always heard honesty is the best policy when dealing with law enforcement so I told him the truth, I'm a crossdresser. I wasn't really nervous at the time. It then began to get weird. The trooper stated he thought he smelled marijuana in the car and asked if I had been drinking. I told him I do not smoke at all nor had I had anything to drink at all that day. He asked me to come back to his vehicle while he looked up my license, which I did. There were further questions including, did I have anything in the car I shouldn't have, where had I been, where was I going to, where I worked, if I had any drugs or alcohol in the car. I did tell him I am an RN and don't drive after drinking or use marijuana as I would risk losing my license. During the whole proceeding I felt I was being singled out for the way I was dressed. When he could not find any further reason to detain me, the trooper gave me a citation and I was on my way. It was probably one of the strangest experiences I have had in quite a while.

I'd take that as one heck of a compliment that he took you for a woman! Oh, that other stuff sucks, but I'm sure they see the worst of our world daily, so the questions seem pretty normal. Honesty and respect with the law usually turns out for the best other than the ticket.

I think you did well and remember that "it isn't a big deal unless you make it one"..I have been pulled over a bunch of times and my DL has Rogina's pic on it...

The best of both Worlds! Paula_Femme's Avatar
    What did his name tag say, "Trooper McCreepy?"
    Black is ALWAYS the, "New Black!"
    "I really hate it when people accuse me of wearing Womens clothes... these aren't Womens clothes... I f*****g bought them!!!" Eddie Izzard.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I was stopped a few years ago with a tail light out when out enfemme. He did come back to my car after running my license and did about 3 double takes looking at my license and back to me. He was professional through the entire process and gave me a warning ticket to have the tail light fixed.
    It seems to me the guy that pulled you over was looking for some reason to give you a hard time.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    So you got pulled over by a state trooper who obviously found you attractive and needed a hit and possibly a drink. Was planning on searching your car for some spare panties and asked you everything he legally could but whimped out on asking for your number.

His loss really lol

Xxxx

Platinum Member
    That would have been unnerving, particularly when he began with the questions and the license check. Glad you came out of it unscathed other than the citation.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Reality Check
    Perhaps this is the first crossdresser this trouper ever pulled over. Did you have to stand outside while he checked you license or did he let you sit in his car?

You can't blame the police for being extra careful these days with some folks advocating shooting them. And actually doing it.

that would be scary!

One reason why, whenever I go out dressed, I carry a fresh box of donuts with me in the car.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

All that was required of you was to show your driver's license, proof of insurance, and registration. When he mentioned that the photo on the license didn't match up with your present appearance, you weren't really obligated to offer up any kind of explanation, nor were you obligated legally to answer his questions about drinking or smoking marijuana. You were not obligated to go back to his cruiser. You are not obligated to leave your car, unless you are being detained, which was your right to inquire about. If not your not legally bound to answer any of his questions, (self incrimination) nor to leave your vehicle. He had no right to search your car without your consent (And knew it) . They can answer any and all the questions they want, but your not obligated to answer them. Why you were dressed the way you were, where you had been, and where you were going isn't any of his business nor concern, UNLESS your the suspect of a crime. The odd of a particular man dressed as a woman in the clothes, wig, makeup, ear rings, jewelry driving the particular car that your were driving, having committed a crime or having been reported as such ~ are astronomical. He was WAY out of line and should be reported to his superiors. Just because your a cross dresser doesn't mean you surrender your constitutional rights, nor does it void your rights as a law abiding citizen.

Just saying.

Reality Check
    It's possible that you may not be "obligated" to do this or do that, but as a practical matter, cooperating with the officer will make things far easier on you and get you on your way faster.

Free legal advice found on the Internet is worth exactly what you pay for it.

What Krisi said is true, be forthright and not evasive or combative. You do not have to give permission to search, but don't be a jerk about it. If an officer feels you are being evasive in your answers is when your troubles start.
    Glad it worked out as well as it did for you. A friend of mine said they didn't have quotas per say but were told to look for certain things and if it has been a slow night.... he is bored and looking for something to do

I've often wondered what would happen if we got pulled over while my husband was dressed. I agree with the other replies that it was probably just that particular trooper. Most I think wouldn't care much, they've met far stranger people than CD in their line of work. Glad it worked out ok (even if it was a bit weird) and sorry you got a ticket.

A few years ago I made a left turn through the yellow and saw "no left turn 4pm to 6pm" as I went through. Sure enough, there was a cop waiting for me in the parking lot on the right. First and only time I've been pulled over in my life, and I'm dolled up at the time. My worst nightmare achieved, I am beyond mortified.

I got out my insurance certificate and drivers license, turned on the dome light, and put my hands with my pretty French manicure on the steering wheel. Whether I was just lucky or benefitted from knowing the protocol, the follow up was a non-issue. Except, of course, that he asked me if I was wearing contacts because I needed corrected vision per my license. Sadly, no, so he added that to the citation. I paid the fine but it's not on my record as I subsequently did penance at defensive driving school.

Hugs, Michelle

1) yes good job begin the cute passible women you are!
    2) yes you were being singled out because you are a crossdresser. It must have been really annoying to him that you were not breaking any laws running a stop sign.

One of my oldest friends is a local city police and my brother in law is a sherif at the other end of the state in a rural area. Guess what they are both told to ask someone at any routine traffic stop. Yup I smell maraujuina and are you drinking. You did good being honest though. I can only imagine the wired charges a trooper could come up with if you didn't say you were a crossdresser. Last time i got pulled over i didn't waste any time and just said give me a breathalyzer and feel free to search my car. The trooper laughed and left AFTER i passed the breathalyzer.

I have relatives who used to be in law enforcement and they told stories of being bored in the early morning hours (small town) and just stopping someone to break up the night. Your trooper may have been thrown off by your being dressed, especially looking as fine as you do. At least you kept your calm and made it through with only the citation.
    Oh, Kate, do Jersey and New York troopers appreciate the treats, too?
    Last edited by SherriePall; 01-30-2015 at 12:20 PM.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Maybe this had something to do with it?
    http://www.keepcolumbiafree.com/blog...ng-for-profit/
    Note, the DOJ has recently said they can't do this unless you are charged with a crime, I think, it may need you to be convicted? Glad nothing worse happened to you anyway.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm a little surprised by this story since, pulling the RN card usually creates some camaraderie with the police. Maybe you would have had a better experience with a female officer.

I had a very pleasant and amusing experience with a female officer while out on the vespa. It is unfortunate that there are a number of jerks who end up wearing a police uniform but I do believe they are the minority.

My sister is a deputy sheriff, and she has shared stories of men in women's clothes being stopped and eventually booked due to alcohol or drug use suspicion. She also thinks they are all gay, and therefore not a threat to her. She is very conservative and does not think highly of crossdressers at all. If only she knew . . .

The trooper stated he thought he smelled marijuana in the car and asked if I had been drinking.
    They do that so they can search your car!

I told him I do not smoke at all nor had I had anything to drink at all that day.
    That should have been sufficient!

He asked me to come back to his vehicle while he looked up my license, which I did.
    He did that just to get a better look at you and maybe humiliate you!

There were further questions including, did I have anything in the car I shouldn't have, where had I been, where was I going to, where I worked, if I had any drugs or alcohol in the car.
    None of his business! You should have asked him what you shouldn't have in your car, a full list please, so you could look it over!

Very awkward Tiffany. And not nice.

Easy to say in hindsight but if you got his name or identification number or even the plates on the car he was driving then frankly I would be tempted to make a formal complaint with the relevant authorities as it does sound like borderline harassment.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    It sounds like he was fishing to see how you would answer; often when asked those questions, people answer in ways that are very telling, and reveal the truth without even realizing it. Which would lead to other questions. It sounds like he was attempting a "soft" interdiction stop to me. But you did good stying calm and playing it cool while being helpful. If you had clammed up, he would more than likely have asked to search your car. Had you refused, he would have detained you longer while waiting for a dog, and that would be yet another officer you would have been subjected to. You may wish to check your state laws, but some states allow officers to make notations to a drivers record via their in car computer terminals. Here in Georgia they do not, all entries into GCIC have to be official entries. But other states allow officers to make notations or they have their own county databases where they can enter in a drivers demeanor, if they were helpful, antagonistic, threatening, suspicious, or whatever. So that officer may have notated how you were dressed. He may also have prepared a police citizen contact card in order to create profile on you in case they stop you another time or elsewhere. Not trying to scare you, but it is always a wise thing to be prepared.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Those who are quick to say you have certain rights, or that you should file a complaint should stop to consider - there are many ways that may or may not be strictly legal, that police can make your life miserable. In my experience, it is best to move very slowly when dealing with stinging insects.

I have been stopped several times, very late at night in Baltimore City, essentially for "driving while white". (That's what happens, if you are in "the wrong part of town". As a musician, I have often been where the dope deals and prostitution take place after about midnight, or so.)Whenever stopped by police, I am always prepared to get out of the car if requested. I have in the front of my mind, "take the key out of the ignition, and lock the door" If asked why you did that, state that it's just out of habit. If they ask if they may search the car, I ask that they provide a warrant. Other than that, I am completely cooperative and honest, but I do not volunteer information. Being a licensed professional engineer, I do not use illegal substances, and when playing music I never drink on the job.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin