Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For the 'late bloomers'

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

For the 'late bloomers'

Hi all,

I found a doctor with the expertise I can trust, she transitioned some years ago. I had my first appointment the other day and she made an observation that intrigued me... She said that for us late bloomers, the rule of thumb is the urge, the compulsion will start from 40 years of age plus two years for each child.

For me that was right on the money...

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Ran the numbers and you know what? Your doctor was exactly right! That's about when CDing really started stepping up for me.

Wow, that's when I joined this site, amazing numbers.

I started early 9 or so but the bloom doesn't seem to fade. Small me.jpg Actually look better in Fem male. At 60 something now it seems to be getting late but isn't.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    40? Ha ha ha! I wasn't married until well after 40 and didn't have all my kids until I was over 50! Also began dressing after 50!

It's ok, tho. I NEVER have done anything the easy or conventional way!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Missed it by 3 years...but that's not too bad!!!

Hi Donna,
    I always thought a woman should never divulge her age?

Adelaide

If this is accurate then I must have a handful of kids I'm not aware of . . .

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    Brenda.Clark,
    How funny!

But for me that number is WAY off. I am a late bloomer.

I'm a late bloomer and in my case your doctor was very close to predicting my starting age

It works for me but thats if I count children and grandchildren.

Alison

Oh wow, I too am a late bloomer, the numbers are right on!

The numbers missed me - I didn't start (or even consider) until 10 years after the numbers said.

I think the numbers are close for me. However I did play around with some of my mothers clothes when I was young. As the years go on the pink cloud becomes more frequent

Banned Read only
    Donna,
    If you call late bloomers 8-9 years old !!
    I'm just about to start counselling so I'm intrigued and slightly scared what I might have to face and accept !

That's pretty close. Mine would be about three years per child. Maybe that's because one of my children is special needs and will always be six years old.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Well, add 10 years to the baseline of age 40, and the rest of the numbers would then align for me as well.

Mind you, that's in terms of the CDing urge hitting me with a vengeance, including finally going out and shopping en femme on a fairly regular basis, getting professional makeovers, going to nail salons, wig stores etc....in other words the whole 9 yards. My awareness of my love of women's (girls') clothing actually first began around age 5, and then I dressed up as the opportunity arose throughout my youth, teenage and early adult years, and finally surreptitiously during much of my marriage. I'm well into my 60's now, and enjoying my crossdressing more than ever.

I am living proof that this urge is innate and never totally goes away. The best we can do is manage it in such a way that it doesn't ruin other aspects of our lives - especially our careers and our relationships with out loved ones.

Very interesting topic, I am linking the perfect example!
    I always hear about the crisis of the 30's or the 40's, etc, whatever it means for each one.
    For me, I have struggled with my sexuality since I was 12, and had some teen age cross dressing episodes. But the real cross dressing exploded when I was about 34, and from there on it has been an on and of situation, depending on how busy in my life I am, but most of the time was like outbreaks that would go away and come back in a space of several months.
    But now that I am 44, is when I think I am having that "40's crisis" I am just learning and accepting that I have Gender Disphoria, and now I think about my CD more than ever. I think about transitioning, I think about not doing earlier in my life, I think so many things that I thought I was going crazy.
    But it kind of comforts me to know that indeed there is a pattern, and that I am not alone, and try to convence my self that is never too late.

I just hope that when I am over with the 40's my urges will be put me in a different place, and hope that I have overcome my fears and live a happy feminine life.

Paola.
    Last edited by paola_gemi; 01-30-2015 at 11:17 AM.

Very close, have dressed off and on most of my life but really kicked into overdrive at 44. Now widowed at 60 something it is most all of the time when home and androgynous when out

Yep it would have been in my 40's when I started to "do it properly" and become more focused in my dressing. It did make me wonder though if the reason for the late start is due to lack of opportunity before marriage and in the earlier years of marriage, younger kids eat your time and leave you no privacy, coupled to just a lack of confidence that goes with being young and inexperienced. I would guess that it also coincides with the kids flying the nest, going off to uni and allowing more me time.

For my generation it would also coincide with the growth of the internet and that was a great liberator that I'm sure played it's part in my "blossoming".
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Internet definitely made a difference. I remember the first time I logged on to web chat room in 1996 before widows, blew me away to find out how many others were engaged.

It seems to be almost spot on in my case.

Aout right for me, just a year out, but who's counting?

It just occurred to me how common it is for late bloomers to feel the compulsion. They have a 'rule of thumb' for this.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    ...For my generation it would also coincide with the growth of the internet and that was a great liberator that I'm sure played it's part in my "blossoming".
    I'd pretty much go with this statement, as it allowed many of us to discover that we were not alone or as strange as we'd previously thought. Now we know for sure we're strange.....yeah thanks internet!

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk