Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing and Lucid Dreaming

Aspiring Member

Crossdressing and Lucid Dreaming

I believe that crossdressers have a higher developed sense of self-reflection and cognition. We examine ourselves and ask, "why?"

The area of the brain controlling conscious cognitive processes is the anterior prefrontal cortex, and this is larger in people with a higher developed sense of self-reflection (metacognition). This same area of the brain is also associated with people who are capable of lucid dreaming.

So my question is, do you have lucid dreams??? Do you have some dreams where you aware you are in a dream? Are you able to control parts of the dream? Regarding myself, Yes, I have some dreams where I am aware I am dreaming and I am able to fly and control parts of the dream. I wonder if this is a common in the crossdressing community.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    Yes I have been able to realize I am dreaming and take control of the dream many times. I also have found I am able to recollect dreams in more detail than other who I have discussed dreams with.

Since we are basically in a programmed reality anyway, we can pretty much do what we want once we are aware of it.Kind of like Neo in "The Matrix".
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I used to lucid dream a lot when I was a small boy. I was always trying to escape (in this case, the house), but I never knew why. Now I would attribute it to my unknown unhappiness due to my unresolved battle with what gender I was, which led to my crossdressing as a way to determine my sex one way or another (I guess). I just didn't know what it was I was seeking since boys weren't supposed to be feminine and shy.
    Last edited by Barbara Black; 01-26-2015 at 12:27 PM. Reason: spelling

I've had lucid dreams all my life. One recurring nightmare is where I'm being chased or attacked and I realize it's just a dream but I'm trapped in that state where I'm fully conscious but can't wake up and I can't return to unconsciousness.

I dont have memorable dreams that often and most of them im unaware im dreaming but Ive had a handful of lucid dreams, and I can remember that 2 or 3 of them I was either crossdressed and caught but it amounted to a big happy resolution or I was crossdressed and it wasnt unusual to anyone else in the dream as if gender was fluid. I wasnt able to do things like fly around or anything but I can remember I was trying to steer the dream instead of it being like a linear path, always woke up though soon after Id begin steering it though. I must say they were some of the happiest dreams to wake up from, wish I had them more regularly.

I think everyone talks in there sleep from time to time and Ive been told by others that ive done it and I always have the fear that my sleeping self will out me lol
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Crikey! Yes - I have lucid dreams... more often in the past than presently but historically they have been very lucid - like watching a small-budget Hollywood B-movie sometimes...

I often know when I am in a dream; when I realise this I can steer events to some degree, including flying (if the scenario is right) - and I can always terminate a dream if it heads in a direction I don't want it to go.. this latter is a bit variable, like there are only certain points when I can effect an exit, but the mechanism is consistent.

As a side-note (of uncertain relevance, but wth.. ) I rarely dream of CDing - and when I do, it tends to put me in an embarrassing scenario... repressed guilt, right..? Oh well...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I have to say I seldom dream. Well at least aware that I dream. The few I recall over the years were just crazy things. I have never been aware I am dreaming while dreaming.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    I have some dreams where I am aware I am dreaming and I am able to fly and control parts of the dream.
    Me too, had one a few weeks ago- it's amazing fun. Used to have them much more when I was younger. I only wish I had sexy dreams- I cannot understand why not! Perhaps if I did I'd just sleep all the time.

Or maybe I am asleep?

Uh-oh.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Not only are many of my dreams lucid, they are also recurring. For years I have had several unrelated scenarios that turn up where I'm often struggling to find or do something,or trying to correct a situation I find myself in. I can't say I can control what happens but if it gets too frustrating I can wake myself up. Some of the dreams are quite pleasant though,and when I recognize them, I can subconsciously direct the flow and enjoy the ride.

As Katey said very few dreams are cding or gender related but when they are ,they are usually embarrassing moments such as exposing female breasts at inappropriate times.

Several years ago while trying to quit smoking ( I have subsequently quit by other means ),I used the prescription drug Chantx .They weren't kidding when they warned about "unusual dreams"
    formerly blonde member

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Yes, I have always had lucid dreams and have always been able to control them to some extent. I think it's more a case of creating an imaginary world in my head and then moving through it. Like a computer game. I can also look at pretty complex objects, whist awake, then fill in the blanks and spin them around in my head, with relative, ease. May be that's how I came to design databases for a living LoL

I think it's a male type brain thing, to be honest. But if it means I don't need a sat Nav, (Hate those things) I'm a happy girl.
    Last edited by Jane G; 01-26-2015 at 03:25 PM.

Banned Read only
    Confucius,
    I've always had lucid and recurring dreams, when my CDing started at about 8-9 years they were very close to the reality of how it started sexually for me ! I was never in control of their outcome, the female influence always won !
    Now when my sleep pattern is OK I still have very lucid dreams !

I have been a lucid dreamer (LD) for most of my life. As a youngster I would find myself in my dream world standing there waiting for something to happen. Eventually I realized that I was able to make things happen and away I went!
    My dream control was so advanced that during my high school years and beyond, I was having difficulty separating my waking world from the dream world. This resulted in very intense bouts of deja vu.
    I began studying this phenom and over the years I learned what was going on and gained better control of my LD ability.

Prior to the birth of the internet, I had corresponded in a LD study. My experiences and LD skills were quoted in a published book.
    Years later and upon the arrival of the internet, I joined a forum of lucid dreamers and shared my experiences. Many of the members were already familiar with my story since they had read that book.
    I was nominated as an official LD coach and I helped many people develop their LD skills.
    I have written many of my experiences in a diary. Perhaps I will share those in our forum.

My dream control is exceptional. My dream world consists of a familiar city or neighborhood. Everything is white...buildings, streets, houses and cars. There are no people.
    The weather is always sunny and warm. I am usually dressed in a white toga. Essentially this is my dream pallet and I can proceed from that point.
    Imagine an amusement park and you are the only person there. I have the option of creating my dream scenario simply by walking into any building that I choose to.
    Dream people will appear, the scene becomes colored and everything is nearly identical to waking life.

I have spent many LD 'hours' exploring my female identity. I will walk into a department store and find myself in the ladies clothing area and spend my dream time trying on lingerie, clothing and shoes.
    I have sat in front of a mirror and done my makeup. My hair is always long. My face and body is essentially a female version of myself.
    I'll admit that my favorite LD's are when I'm female. I'm allowed a short glimpse of Carmen as she might have been.

I don't fly much in my dreams, I ride a horse. He is deep brown with a black mane and tail. He will always appear when I want him there. I ride bareback. He takes me to whatever destination I wish. We have even flown together!
    I have also driven race cars, flown an airliner, gone back in time, and visited with celebrities both alive and deceased.

Thank you for starting this thread Confucious.
    "Missed it by that much!"

Yes, this is a very interesting thread.

I started having lucid dreams about 15-20 years ago and they've increased in frequency since then. But I've also been expressing my femme side more in that same period. I never put the two together, but perhaps there is a relationship.

When I have them, I usually end up flying as if I'm lying in bed--on my back and head first. But they feel so great! And I always feel so well rested afterwards. Sometimes I can control the "roll" and flip over and that gives me an inner-ear sensation like being on a roller-coaster when I was younger. I love it.

I only have them about once every two to four months or so, but I had one last night. My dream was a bit spooky in a way--just before the flying part my dad appeared for just a bit (as in a cameo role). He passed on in 14 years ago, but today is my 60th birthday and it was like he was wishing me happy birthday.

I'm not usually dressed in the dreams but I have had a few where the feeling was a bit orgasmic even though no sex (or dressing) was involved.

I'll have to see if I can apply any of the tricks mentioned here. Maybe I can increase the frequency of such dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Since we are basically in a programmed reality anyway, we can pretty much do what we want once we are aware of it.Kind of like Neo in "The Matrix".
    Well said Kate, the Matrix is based on people living in a dream world but only for the benefit of the machine world.

There is a simple method that we can do which serves to reinforce your dream experiences, we refer to this as dream awakening.
    Firstly, you must train yourself to realize that you are dreaming. If you are successful and recognize that you are in bed asleep and now dreaming, simply remain calm.
    Secondly, reinforce your lucid dream (LD), by raising your arms and examine your hands. Some people spread their arms and spin.
    You can also slowly crouch down and feel to texture of the 'ground' that you are standing on, which is my method.

If you are successful, you will wake up in your dream and you will find yourself in a place that for all intensive purposes is 100% real.
    Proceed slowly and avoid attempting too many tasks, focus on one task until you become good at it. I like to walk and acclimate myself with my LD surroundings.
    If you feel yourself waking up, then do one of the above reinforcements and you might get lucky and continue with your LD.
    One fun task is to find a book and attempt to read the pages. The letters will continually change on the page.
    I have also written messages on the walls in the LD world for my LD friends to find. So far no success and no arrests for graffiti.

I have figured out many problems while dreaming. The most recent was a problem with my German built car and an electrical part that I was having a problem extracting.
    I dreamt about this problem and was successful using an untried tool. And it worked when I tried the tool in the real world.

I have read that Henry Ford, Nicola Tesla and numerous other creative thinkers solved many problems during their regular 2 hour afternoon siestas.
    Last edited by Carmen; 01-27-2015 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typo fix

emotional also?

i have dreams some recurring, also i've noticed that when watching movies, i always cry, the tears just pour out, is that nomal or crossdresser? love this post, melaknee
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-27-2015 at 06:54 PM. Reason: no need to quote op

Aspiring Member
    The dreams that I have had have been associated with crossdressing, the one I remember the most was a woman was in it and she like the fact that I enjoyed dressing as a woman and that I behave like a woman in the bed. She would suck on my nipples and played with my breast. She only wanted to see me dressed as a woman.
    Haven't had one for a while and haven't found a woman who enjoys me dressing as a woman.

When I was in college I would sometimes have lucid dreams where I would work out multivariate calculus problems. When I had the solution I would wake myself up and write it down. Sometimes it was just gibberish. I was hallucinating a solution. But sometimes I really did work it out in a dream. It made me wonder why I couldn't always tap into that brain power in the waking state.

I dream a lot - usually pretty active or involved dreams. One of my favorite ones that I can recall is where friends of mine from different parts of my life are all in the same building at a function, and somehow they all know each other! I have also dreamed at times about being dressed and that friends or family know about it and some even encourage it. The mind is a funny thing with all the items we store in our subconscious ...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No, not that I can recall. Nor can I control my dreams. Which r so random and obscure I rarely can recall them but a few minutes after I wake up. If they're too scary, I wake up. Not on purpose. But, I HAVE noticed interesting things about my dreams.

First, let me explain that I'm 70 and only began dressing 17 years ago. Up until 2 years ago, I've read jealously of others dreaming they were dressed or females! Since then I HAVE had CD dreams. Here r some notable qualities of those dreams.

1. I dream of being dressed but never being female.
    2. I'm never embarrassed being dressed in my dreams.
    3. The dream is usually well under way before I notice I''m dressed.
    4. No one ever seems to notice I'm dressed. They never treat me differently!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Are you really aware of a dream or are you just dreaming that you are aware of it it .
    In other words is there really any such thing as a lucid dream?

I got my first lucid dreaming last Friday, and it was a nightmare that I extended on purpose. That was weird.

I am in the early process of transitioning, and I came out to 21 friends and 2 family members. I got only positive reactions, nobody rejected me in any way. It is great, but I know during transition I will encounter difficult moments with some people, and as part of "planning" for the future, I am trying to experiment with every side of my new self, my true self. That includes rejection by people. So, instead of happening in real life, it happened in a lucid dream (since I realized it was one).

I was imagining I was in a tourist bus, during a vacation. And at one moment I get outed. Suddenly everyone starts to hate me in the bus. When we get out of it at a stop for a visit, people continued to insult me, and tried to leave with the bus and without me, abandoning me alone. That is when I realized it was a dream. At that moment, I decided to purposely extend the nightmare, I really wanted to feel that rejection, and I did. I was controlling the dream for a while, trying to catch up with the bus, and trying to explain to people why their hate was not justified. I remember everything clearly, how I controlled the dream, and how bad I felt inside. Once I felt I had enough, I ended the dream on purpose and woke up. For a first lucid dream, that was a weird one, but it gave me even more confidence in real life for some reason.

There was a documentary on two nights ago about dreaming, they suggested lucid dreaming was really rare and nearly impossible

One of the people explaining about dreams suggested that if you say to yourself while falling asleep what you want to dream about such as "I want to dream about crossdressing" it should work. I'm 2/2 for that the last two nights, real short and vague dreams but it was definitely about crossdressing.

The thing with dreams is that they are most memorable if woken during REM sleep

What lucid dreams I remember having were very frustrating as it seemed as if I was always waking up a bit too soon, just as I was going to turn the tables on a dangerous situation. I had already figured out a way to do it, but awoke before I could. I don't remember my dreams anymore or just don't have any; I wonder if there's any connection?
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Jo View Post
    Are you really aware of a dream or are you just dreaming that you are aware of it it .
    In other words is there really any such thing as a lucid dream?
    Yes Barbara when you become aware that you are dreaming, the realization can be an amazing discovery.
    Your dream world can be as real as the waking world, only now you can direct your dream activities.
    It takes practice to learn to remind yourself that you are in fact dreaming.

As I previously wrote, you must first learn to remind yourself of certain simple tasks to practice while in your LD. Just try walking and taking in your LD environment.
    Touch objects, pick them up and feel the texture.
    Another task is flying, which for some people does take a lot of practice.
    I enjoy swimming while breathing like a fish, with no need for air. I will inhale and exhale the water like a mermaid.

Karolyn used her LD control to direct her dream. A good example of working through a situation.

Another exercise is when you go to bed, tell yourself this, 'when I begin dreaming, I will know that I am dreaming and take control'.
    Give it a try and hopefully you will have a real LD.
    Last edited by Carmen; 01-28-2015 at 04:49 AM.