Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG!!! 2nd or 3rd time out and having a moment...

Yikes !!! I have never read an email that I have sensed hyperventilating between sentences. Take a deep breath my friend, all is going to be well. It will be well because the most important thing that you will have tomorrow is nothing that you packed , it's rather your sense of humor, your warm personality and your confidence. Like they say, the most important thing is your smile, plus you have already ventured out very successfully and looked beautiful doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    It may sound odd but I feel more like a part of things just by doing these specific events and small steps

Katey x
    Not odd at all. It is these events, rather than staying home, or dressing in private , that make you feel like you are not alone, and there are people out there just like you, with the same emotions, fears, passions that validates the times when we close the car door, put you hands on the wheel, and ask yourself one more time - do I REALLY want to this today? When you get there , you always say it was worth it.

Relax this evening, put something casual on , and take a simple stroll around the hotel to clear the cobwebs. ( a glass of vino will definitely not hurt ) You will look and be awesome tomorrow . I promise.

P.S - go with the blonde wig.. That's the traditional Katey look !

P.P.S - we demand pictures !!! Lol

Gretch

Well, you look great nd ia m sure you are going to have a wonderful week end and am a little jealous!

HI katey go for it I will be taking my first time out on sunday to a super bowl party and will be meeting five new cd friends. for me if i make any mistakes I will be told by someone what to do next time out. I feel that you will have a great time at your events. good luck and just be yourself and everything will fall right into place.
    Carrie2014
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Seriously hope you have a great time Katey and sorry I can't be there with you. You look too good to be true in your pics, so I'm absolutely sure you will wow! As previously stated, a couple of drinks and a little pre-event butterflies but onwards and upwards......carpe diem!

Work, training courses and home repairs/improvements have my life booked completely until at least end of Feb.

I'll put it on here so I'm pledged to the world, that I will make a Pink Punters or other venue with you in the early months of this year. This girl needs to get out more and is working on the weight loss too. Have a fantastic night.

Rebecca (All work and no play makes Rebecca a dull girl)
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Katey, just go for it darlin'. You look better than some women I know who have been on HRT for a while. You look great. Go have fun and enjoy the freedom to express this part of yourself.

What I always told myself when I started was that "it's OK for me to be wearing this stuff - I'm a woman, women dress like this." Maybe that will help you?

BTW, my second outing involved going to an Irish pub while a soccer match was on, in Tulsa OK. My guess is you are in a whole lot safer space than I was in.

Just be brave, you'll be OK honey. I promise.

Oh, quit your bellyaching, sister, and just go have an awesome time....lol. You know you want to and you know you will have an amazing time. Haha
    Full report with pics afterward!
    Love you, gf!
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    You have to chill out. Embrace who you are. Your beautiful and a very caring person. You deserve a night out. Knock 'em dead.

omg katey... "R E L A X"
    you always look stunning and will look just fine no matter
    what you wear. calm down and just enjoy yourself... you will
    finally admit to yourself, "what was i so afraid of" have fun
    and keep us posted!
    paula

Katey, looking at your terrific avitar picture I have always figured that you are one of those girls that goes out all the time. To read this thread has taken me aback.

Girl, you are stunningly beautiful. Go a head and head out the door with your head held high, like you own the place, cuz you do!

group hug.....

....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Katey, I remember the pictures you posted after your first outing, they were fantastic! Just do it again, and again, and again!!

As others have said, post pictures, please. And do have a good time!

Hugs, Bria

Katey
    Get out the door ! Have fun! The quicker you conquer these fears the quicker you can get to just being you. Rooting for you!
    Suzanne

Good luck and have fun! Judging from your avatar I would think you would do fine, but I know looks aren't the only thing. Self-confidence is dependent on many factors. And judging by your posts I would think you have a great personality, but as a shy awkward introvert I know people can come across very differently in writing than in person. Just try to slow down, breathe, and enjoy life. Best wishes!

You are a wonderful and pretty girl you will do more than fine

Katey you are awesome! Go have fun!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Katey - go!

If you don't like it you never have to go out again.

(I'll virtually guarantee that you'll like it! )
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Deep breaths and keep your shoulders back and head up! You'll be fine, you know you will. I have the WTF moments and I've barely left the house.
    I just can't wait for the debrief.
    There's a plan in place where Christen makes her debut in a two weeks time. I'm very sure I'll be having a huge WTF moment just before then.

Christen x
    “Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing
    and rightdoing there is a field.
    I'll meet you there.” - Rumi.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    good luck homegirl........those pre-game butterflies will go away and soon you will be a pro,.....you got this ......remember my pre-game willies ????.......we all get em......then we laugh at em later.......your golden......xoxo

Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 01-31-2015 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Kateys Joint

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    A ball at Woburn? I'd love the chance! You're definitely going to need a tiara.

Have a ball!!
    I used to have a short attention spa

"Climbing the mountain because it's there"

Reminds me of that JFK quote;

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too.

Hope that offers some inspiration!

Katey add my encouragement to the others. Yes I often doubt and wonder then after doing wonder why the doubt.
    Just enjoy and have a good time. Smile lots.
    Hugs

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Of course, Katey, you wouldn't be over thinking all this, would you? Just imagine how much easier going out would be if you were out with friends, CD and otherwise. I've been going out weekly with girlfriends for years now and I never even give it a thought anymore. It's always the highlight of my week. Find and make friends.

Gone to live my life
    Hi GF,

Late to the party . . . stupid work gets in the way of my forum time. I am assuming (no I know) your adventure out last night went well and you handled it with poise and grace. Tonight will be a repeat performance . . . just take a deep breath, think good thoughts and all will be fine.

Hugs

Isha.

I recognize the angst. Many (many) years ago, I flew helicopters for the Army. There's a phase of helicopter flight called "transitional lift" where the helicopter moves from hovering to forward flight. During transitional lift, there's turbulence and you just have to trust and ride it out. In my personal life I use the term when I'm transitioning from male me to female me. There's always a little turbulence and I just have to trust and ride it out.

(Edit: oh, yeah, why did I write this? The point was that by having a label - a term that describes the feeling -- it makes me feel more in control and allows me to see past the turbulence. I was just offering the label to you as a "magic feather" you can hold on to if it helps. )
    Last edited by Pat; 01-31-2015 at 10:13 AM.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Oh Kate. You know better than that! As soon as you get dressed and do that one last approving look in the mirror, you'll be glad you didn't cancel. It's like calling in sick for work. About an hour before your normal quitting time, you start feeling guilty thinking, "Damn, I blew it!" Don't be that girl.
    Have a good time.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!