Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's In A Name???

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar

Red face What's In A Name???

Hi friends!

So you all know me here as “Wednesday Castelluci.” Obviously, that's a pseudonym. A nom de plume. “September” refers to it as my stage name. Last year, when this part of me returned, (after so very long), I defaulted to “Wednesday” mostly out of habit. It was what my club friends called me WAY back in my more dramatic, gothy days when I was a college undergraduate.

When I was initially living full time as a woman on HRT, I had a list... Names I liked... Names that I found in my mother's baby name book... I never did decide on a name that actually felt right, so I kept going by Wednesday. It was easier.

Well, since coming back out last year and deciding to embrace this other side of me instead of running from it, I've again begun to think about a more suitable name for myself. I've grown, matured – lived my life... And while“Wednesday” is perfectly fine for online anonymity, in real life situations it can kind feel clunky. Essentially, the more often I go out into the real world, whether alone or with friends or even since making NEW friends who ONLY know my femme self, the more important it seems, that I have an actual female name to go by...

This has been punctuated by September asking me if I'd like to attend our church as “Wednesday” along with doing other more “daily life” stuff en femme. I don't often get to express this part of myself, what with work, family commitments and the usual, daily minutia of life, so... YAY.

I asked her to help me pick a new name. We came up... I. I came up with a pretty big list (LMAO) ran it by September and together, we've chewed it down to the following top 3:

Felicia
    Megan
    Olivia

I like all three fairly equally and am having a bit of trouble deciding SO – I figured I'd run a little survey, poll style. To help see what might fit, I included a recent photo of me.

Thanks ladies!! xox

20141121_214338.jpg
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I don't know why, but I think Olivia would be fine.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

I like Megan, have a daughter by the name
    Last edited by Sandra; 01-30-2015 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Removed wording from post deleted

I was goi g to say Olivia but you look like a Felecia

-Joss

Megan Definitely or Maygan different spelling.
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

My full name is Katherine Megan Simmons, so why not Megan?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

How about Felicia Megan, does that sound okay with your last name? Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I chose Roleena Joanne F. hence the knickname Roli so why not choose two of those names for yourself
    cheers Roli.
    Northern Monkeys versus Southern Softies My avatar is used by me with the permission of it's creator, Jason Thompson a wonderful American artist You cannot change me, though I can change the way I dress.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Out of the list, and looking at your picture, I like Megan for you. Good luck with your choice.

Megan seems right!

Hugs, Bria

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    SWEET! Thanks for the input! Keep it coming... polls are open until Monday...
    "I'm a work in progress..."

Hell-o Wednesday,
    I've been saying hell-o to all of those choices.
    None of them are sounding bad to me.
    You might consider what nicknames you may get for each of the choices.
    Olivia - Ollie?
    Felicia - Fella?
    Megan - Meg?
    I like Megan, less syllables.
    But you will always be Wednesday to me!
    No matter which name you choose.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Hi Wednesday I don't think Wednesday is a bad name, I like it a lot. But if I was changing names Megan would get my vote!
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

Felicia is a good name, but I may be a bit bias.

I went through a bit of a process choosing it for me and stuck with it after "coming back" after a break. Mostly because I am terrible at deciding on names and not very creative thinking up new ones. But I do like it, so I didn't put much effort in trying to come up with a new one.

Megan has become very common. I've met many Megans in the last 10 years. I would stick with Wednesday because it's the most unusual.
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    I go for Megan but I think you over the pond peeps pronounce this with an extended 'ee' as in meat? Or is it that we Brits use the shortened 'e' as in met? Pick a side huh?

For me, Megan is a hardy perennial, such that it doesn't seem to age.

Rebecca (unashamedly English)
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    Based on the picture I see a Felicia.

i can't decide either!?!? no wait!! megan YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY and not like meet like may
    Last edited by melaknee; 01-30-2015 at 05:20 PM.

It's so difficult to disassociate names from people that you know, or characters in books, films, plays, etc, with those names. Olivia sounds the best to me - classy without too much baggage.

The irish spelling of megan is meghan if you like it that way
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I agree with carrie, I like Wednesday - very unique. If you decide to change my vote is for Olivia from the list you've provided.

How's this for helpful? I like all three names and I think they all suit you. I've heard Megan pronounced both ways in the US (Mee gan and Meg (rhymes with Peg) an). One question for you is how do the names sound next to your last name? What about initials, do any of them make "bad" acronyms? And how about a middle name? Would you combine 2 of those choices into a first and middle name, or do you have a different middle name and if so, how does it fit with those names? Or would you not have a middle name? Nicknames are another good point to consider. Or you could insist people not use one for you.

(Olivia could be shortened to Liv, Felicia could be Leecy (or something like that))

Go with Felicia I think it fits you. But in the end pick one that makes you happy

I like Megan as well. That leads to Megs and even "The Megster." Around these parts it's pronounced "Maygun." (phonetic)

My nom de plume, Jeninus: made up of Jennifer-in-the-US - as I'm a British Ex-pat.

All the best in your naming ceremony,
    Jenn
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

One thing to consider that no one has mentioned (it is how I chose my female name). Do you own any monogramed items? If you do, and want to continue to use them, your name should reflect that. Also, do you have any relatives or ancestors whose name you'd like to carry forward?

My name is an amalgamation of my monogram and a great aunt, who was born in 1863 and who was a closeted lesbian her entire life. (Elizabeth) It is just luck (or Karma) that my given middle initial matches her name.

Of your list though, I have to admit partiality to Olivia. (And Liv is a perfectly acceptable "nickname". One could do worse than to share a name with the lovely and talented Liv Ulmann.)
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 01-30-2015 at 11:19 PM.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin