Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Femme stash

Wife knows and supports, so no need to hide from her. However, we have a daughter (a very nosey one) and her family of 5 now living with us. Fortunately, I can keep most of my wardrobe in a second home several states away. We stay there often, and my wife calls it our "Girl Mecca."

At the main house, though, I've had to put a cipher lock on the MBR closet and to move some of the other stuff to a climate controlled storage facility. It has definitely thrown off my dressing rhythm at home, but family comes first.

When I lived at home, I used to store my stuff in plastic tote labeled Tax Info and kept it in my closet. Who's going to look in something that contains boring tax info. When I got my own place and ever had to worry about a girlfriend, I stored everything in my dresser and closet with all of my other clothes. Now I have a place with a huge walk in closet but I have a girlfriend (she knows) but I have kept everything in two large storage totes. I seem to have collected a lot.

Some of us just can't be out and open for various reasons...so what's a girl to do????
    Pop the drop ceiling in my office.....

hang-drop-ceiling-800x800.jpg

...and all you will see is forced air ducts....a few of them look like there supply duct to vents.
    ..... but they actually have cut outs on top that I fabricated and I made the brackets so that I can slip the whole assembly out of the ceiling!
    It's really very simple and pretty lightweight.
    You can customize the ducts to swing down out of the joists, like the picture below too...it's creative storage.

a8ccd170cbd5bd565c5abd986bbd2dc4.jpg

Hardware stores sell the duct and end caps...and you have enough room as a full size chester drawer!
    8X16X48 long are the perfect size for this application...but depending on the size between your joists, you can get a size to fit in your ceilings!
    Cut out holes on top, fit end caps to each end, use duct putty to close up and openings in the corners and it's ready to fit in your joist!

153duct.jpg

I place these ducts in the joists above the actual working supply or return ducts which are usually running below the joists, this way, it looks as if they are fingers off the main duct trunk.
    I have 3 of these between the floor joists and I even made a few to hold valuables and my gun collection.
    I think it's better than a safe!
    If someone pops a ceiling tile, all they will see is HVAC duct work...and all the normal things a ceiling usually has.
    Hope this helps "ALL the girls, like me" who can't explain to all the other members why we can't hang our stuff in our closet.
    It's okay to hide your things, to be in the closet, and to only get out once in a while....do what you have to do and enjoy what you can, when you can!
    Good luck on fabracating your new secret hiding place!!!! ...now you know!
    Last edited by candykowal; 02-21-2015 at 08:07 PM.
    Candice Coleen Kowal ....all my friends call me Candy!

Platinum Member
    Hi Paola, All of my things are hidden in plane sight in three closets and four bottom dresser drawers.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

In most dressers there is an empty space between the last drawer and the floor so its not right against the ground. If you pull out the last drawer you have a big empty space to put yours stuff in and how often is a whole dresser going to be moved around?

Usually not enough room for shoes but you can fit a lot of clothes/lingerie and it encourages you to keep your things clean and folded.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Hi Candy!

Just a note of caution, when the time comes that you don't have to hide your stash, the collection grows exponentially. Like a real woman with closet space that has to be filled. That's where I'm at.

79post.JPG81post.JPG
    Last edited by CarlaWestin; 03-01-2015 at 07:33 PM.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

When I was married to my ex I only had a few things so I just kept them in my drawer which she did not go in anyway. But it was a real pain and I could never completely dress. My wife now knows about Angela and is really supportive.

I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't have to hide anything from my wife. 'Accepting' doesn't quite describe her - for Valentines Day this year I bought her 3 bottles of perfume and a watch; she bought be 3 nighties, a leather basque/corset and a pair of 5" Pleaser thigh boots.

That said, we are tight for space - half my stuff is in my wardrobe, but the other half lives in a huge holdall under the bed.

I have a reading chair in my home office, with a flat top chest as a coffee table. I keep all my lingerie hose and sweaters in the chest, and my dresses, skirts and blouses in a closet. My wife knows, does NOT accept, but she leaves it alone. I left a sweater out the other day, she called me at work to say she found it, did not appreciate it, and had shut the office door.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Great ideas!!
    This might become a good project
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-23-2015 at 06:03 AM. Reason: No need to quote entire posts without reference

I too am in a DADT situation with my wife. She knows of my cross dressing, but has no idea to what extent. On the one hand it kinda sucks that I don't have her to share this with, on the other hand I kind of enjoy that this is my own little world.

We have a guest room that I have kind of claimed as my own. My wardrobe now occupies a small closet and an antique wardrobe cabinet. I find it so pleasing to look in and see everything organized and accessible.

I do have to stash it all away when we have company that needs to use that room. Quiet an inconvenience, but I am lucky enough to have my own space most of the time.

Cindy

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    When I was a teenager living at home I keep my stuff under the stairs behind some long term storage items. Now, since the kids are gone, my stuff hangs in our master closet alongside my drab clothes. My shoes are stuffed under our bed.

Wow, some great hiding spots in this thread that i never thought about, having been on my own for a while, i am fortunate that i'm able to leave things in hanging up in a closet in a second bedroom. only have to move it if i have guests over for the night.

A long time ago, when I was a teenager, I kept a few clothing items in a hollow tree in the woods.
    Worked well .. until the squirrels found it! What a mess!

Over the years I have had so many hiding places that I could write a book about it.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    Hi Candy!

Just a note of caution, when the time comes that you don't have to hide your stash, the collection grows exponentially. Like a real wonan with closet space that has to be filled. That's where I'm at.
    That is the truth! It grows like weeds!

I live alone, but am actively dating, so I keep my stuff in some boxes under the bed. I don't think women want to look under a mans bed anyways. And even if a prospective SO finds it then I find out really quick if they are accepting or not. I don't like however that my dresses are folded away so i'm looking into some of those suit bags that hang in the closet.

On my original post I explained where I hid my Femme stuff a long time ago, I am still with my wife, but we live in a different apartment.
    All the old stuff had to go away when we moved back then, but now I only keep a small stash.
    I have two pairs of shoes and my make up in a trunk where I keep my film stuff, she never goes there, and up in a closet where all the clothes are mine, I hide a small bag with some clothes.

My only worry is when I travel, because some times I am away for 2 or 3 weeks, What if she is looking for something she needs?
    Anyway, I am not that worried anymore, If she finds anything I am ready to answer any questions.
    I just started therapy to treat my Gender Dysphoria, and I think I am getting closer to open up and come clean, perhaps after that no more hiding spots.

Hugs,

Paola.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    So its come down to PURGING or TELLING THE TRUTH.
    You only got one life so it’s up to you how to live it.
    Do you be up-front about it or hide behind closed doors?
    Maybe a move to another town is in order. It’s a big world out there and there’s plenty of room for you wearing a dress.
    Welcome to the Real World,
    Cheryl

I am married with two children so I do have to hide my "stash". I have an assortment of female jeans which I blend in along my other blue jeans. They don't have the typical decorations so it's easy to mix them up with my other jeans. My collection of bras, panties, leggings and breast forms are kept in a small suitcase camouflaged by a few jackets and old sweatshirts.
    No heels or dresses as I am straight and only fantasize about having female anatomy's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferbabe View Post
    No heels or dresses as I am straight and only fantasize about having female anatomy's.
    Jennifer, I am really curious about what you said there as I have never heard anyone say that. Do you associate CD's who are wearing high heels and dresses with them not being straight? Or am I reading it the wrong way??

Hugs
    Curious Suzie

Hello, My "stash" is in two dressers in our bedroom, SO knows,but doesn't fully understand-not sure I do either.
    When the Woman Within package comes with new bras and shapewear the SO says "why do you need another bra?"
    My answer is why do you have so many shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzie Petersen View Post
    Jennifer, I am really curious about what you said there as I have never heard anyone say that. Do you associate CD's who are wearing high heels and dresses with them not being straight? Or am I reading it the wrong way??

Hugs
    Curious Suzie
    Hi Suzie, No, I am not implying that CD's who wear heels and dresses are not straight. I just personally do not favor that look and find satisfaction by being a little more discreet especially in public.

Can't relate to this thread as I have always had my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets. I don't think I could deal with having to keep my feminine clothing, lingerie and my cross dressing hidden. The strain would be too much.

Good luck to all of you who do have to hide things though.

Hi Jennifer,

I see. The comment just caught my attention because for me, the crown jewel in the presentation are the heels. It is the ultimate feminine item in the whole thing. Dresses and skirts would be the next thing on the list of ultimate feminine presentation items for me, but I do like jeans too .. with heels

Quote Originally Posted by CONSUELO View Post
    Can't relate to this thread as I have always had my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets. I don't think I could deal with having to keep my feminine clothing, lingerie and my cross dressing hidden. The strain would be too much.

Good luck to all of you who do have to hide things though.
    Hi, If I was single with no children then I no doubt would have my feminine clothing sitting openly in drawers and hanging in closets like yourself. Unfortunately, being happily married with two children hiding my stash is a burden that I am willing to accept.