Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Femme stash

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hiding your Femme stash

I guess we all relate to this topic.

I think most of us start dressing taking an item from some relative, mom, sister, etc. But when it comes to get our own stuff, it gets tricky as the stash keeps growing, in terms of storing it.
    When I first wanted to do this seriously, I bought some make up, a pair of heels and some underwear; Stuff That I could fit in a shoe box. At that time I was living in an apartment which was quite spacious, but it had a very simple and defined layout, and my wife and I are usually very organized, so very little things are out of place.
    It was a rental so I had no shed or attic to use. But the kitchen was the only place that had drop ceiling, it was a saver!!! So it was a great hiding spot for my female items, the problem was when the stuff keeps growing.
    I never had much but at some point I did collect a decent amount that occupied the space of a medium suitcase.
    About 8 pairs of shoes, underwear, jeans, skirts, wigs and make up.

It becomes a challenge and it takes some creativeness to pull it off, so every time I had to us it I had to be careful that when I put it back, it had to be properly arranged, nice and neat, sectioned in the box I had it, and ready to be taken out quickly in case I needed to get rid of it.
    Only one day when my wife was away visiting family, I empty out my shirts closet which was as narrow as the three feet door.
    When I hanged my femme clothes and put all my shoes at the bottom, wow it look great!, and I felt so great.
    Perhaps it was a fantasy that only lasted the few days she was away.

When it comes to do things that you don't want other people to know, you can get really creative.
    Now we live in a different apartment, but there are more places to store things, I only keep a very small stash of femme stuff, as per to my old stuff, I had to get rid of it at some point when we moved from that apartment.
    When I went to dump it to a used clothes container, it felt so wrong to have to get rid of part of me, and I really miss my shoes, you never find the same pair again.

Hugs,

Paola.
    Last edited by paola_gemi; 02-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I live alone, and have most of my big closet, full of dresses and skirts. My big fear, is if i get hurt badly, or very ill. I have cats too, and nobody to stay and care for my cats and things. If my sister or brother were to have to do it, they would be shocked, and very disgusted, and i would never hear the end of it, and the ridicule from my older brothers. It would be hell. I am considering a locked large footlocker, or locked very large dufflebag, but it is sure nice to see dresses on hangers in my closet, instead of all of them stuffed in a bag, or box all the time. I can't afford a storage locker.

It would be great not to have to hide everything. But for many, and at least for me, crossdressing was just never that simple.
    I rented a small storage unit when I was dressing a lot. And ooooof, there were so many nice things to hide away. I decided it was good policy to keep everything out of the house so my girlfriend, who I'd never come out to, wouldn't find even a tiny overlooked detail left out in view. So I rented one of those storage units in an outdoor complex that I could drive right up to, park by, go inside and close the door enough to have privacy but still let light and air in. Luckily it was in a back row and the view when I did leave the door open was a chain link fence with a little hill and scrub bushes blocking any more view. If anyone drove around the corner, it was easy enough to hear them on the gravel and close the door. Never had a problem, and that was dressing regularly for several years. I'd come back after an evening out and change back into a boy before driving home. The only near-problem was one night I'd had too much to drink, so I stayed in the parked car by my little shed to sleep it off. A suspicious cop woke me up, but I told him the unit next to me was mine, and he figured I was okay to be there.
    The obvious drawback, of course, was that there was no dressing in the privacy of my own home, no sleeping in silky, slinky things. I ended up breaking that rule a few times, but mostly stuck to the policy of nothing in the house. And for me, being out and about and seen is a big part of the fun -- not exactly exhibitionism, but something akin. So the storage unit strategy worked for me. Finding the right strategy for each person's circumstance may be the key.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    THIS POST!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
    I wish we had a "like post" option or a way to up-vote a post to show the writer some love for their thoughts, opinions, or effort.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Who are you hiding it from? If it's your wife, maybe a talk is in order.
    Hugs

Banned Read only
    It's not just an issue of hiding it from a wife. My wife and I are in a DADT marriage. She knows I dress when she is not home. She knows I purchase femme items, but, she probably does not have any idea of the extent of my wardrobe. I have over 110 dresses. I have over 400 slips (collector). I have more bras and panties than my wife. The same with heels. So where do I store them? I have 19 Zerox boxes stacked up in the converted garage which was suppose to be a rec room. The kids are gone so it has become a communal store room. Even if my wife said "Honey, why don't you hang your dresses in the closet", there's already no room! The house is just too small.

Aspiring Member
    In a small unmarked box underneath my bed, which raises up to reveal a storage space. As said box is next to a lot of souvenirs and collected items it probably deserves to be there, inconspicuous and unassuming. My wig is inexplicably lumped with my camera peripherals.

Due to my DADETAI (don't ask, don't even think about it) situation, it'll be this way till I commence my studies next year. Cross-dressing on campus outside of Drag Night is another story.

I don't have to hide anymore, but I have lots of anecdotes from growing up. The funniest was wearing my entire stash of lingerie underneath my clothes when my mom and dad were doing a "deep clean" of the floors and baseboards. I literally had ten pair of panties on under my baggy shorts, and I had to walk really controlled. I was scared my brother was going to tackle me.

I have cross dressed for at least 25 years. My wife is so straight she would break in two if she bent over. She found I had visited this cross dressing site a few years ago and went ballistic. She brings that incident up quite frequently. So, as you see, I must be very careful where my special clothes are stashed. Not having a wife that would accept my favourite pastime, I became inventive with three little spaces in the area between the upper floor joists in our basement. the opening in those spaces are hidden from view with insulation. The areas are large enough to lay things out in an orderly fashion. Every chance I get while she is away, I live as "Marcie". This is one of those times, as she is away, in the south for a month.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    All it takes is a wife who objects vigorously and all that "most people don't care anyway" stuff goes out the window!

I rent a heated storage unit to store my stuff and to do my dressing. My wife does not know about the storage unit. She thinks I purged. In the storage unit, everything is hung up neatly and easily accessible. The makeup, jewelry, lingerie, etc, is organized. There is enough space to stand or sit. It works well.
    Last edited by abby054; 02-21-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Wife knows and supports, so no need to hide from her. However, we have a daughter (a very nosey one) and her family of 5 now living with us. Fortunately, I can keep most of my wardrobe in a second home several states away. We stay there often, and my wife calls it our "Girl Mecca."

At the main house, though, I've had to put a cipher lock on the MBR closet and to move some of the other stuff to a climate controlled storage facility. It has definitely thrown off my dressing rhythm at home, but family comes first.

Drop ceilings rock! But I know how one gets overloaded with stuff over time and I usually eventually pick through the things I don't use much or don't like as much, and donate them. cheers.

In the trunk of a project car in the garage. My only fear is that some day it will be taken away to be on one of those surprise restoration shows

I had mine hid in a army locker in the storage unit. Til coming back from a trip, and the first thing my wife notice was a little sign of make up. That was a long time ago, and it turn out good for me then, never know what the future will bring.
    Yes I would love some of the stuff that I gave away back, it was hardly worn. It just doesn't feel wrong it is wrong to give a big part of your self away. Never again

I used to have it in a box in my closet, then once people started coming into my room more often for some really odd reason, then I moved it to a trash bag which is covered by "dirty" clothes in my hamper. I have collected quite a few items, so soon I might need to find another hiding spot.
    I'm hiding it from my father, brother, and my sister(different sister), all of which do not know about my dressing and I have no intentions on sharing it with them. They've made their opinions of CD'ers, TG's, and gays VERY clear. Don't think they need to know about what I do when I'm alone.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    @ Stephanie- Perhaps a good angle since it is a DADT would be to ask for a room you can use for your dressing. Offer to place a lock so she doesnt even have to stumble onto anything "by accident," and offer to remodel a room of her choice to her liking. It creates a win win for everyone, and it also incentivises a small measure of acceptance of sorts. It connects receipt of something positive from your dressing.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I always wanted to know how girls hide there stash.
    I was interested in how people that are married get away with it. Its hasnt been a problem for a number of years. Since have have my own house. But growing up, it was tricky trying to hind my stuff. I would have to swith my stash locations. I would hide stuff in a suit case. That worked for awhile untill my dad went looking for it. I was more upset because it took along time ti build that big of a stash. He got rid of it. So i had to start over form the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by minna_xxxx View Post
    If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.
    If you hide all your stuff in one place and it gets discovered, you lose it all.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I remember back when I had to hide all of my things. Most of the time I just kept them in a suitcase in the back of my closet. None of my girlfriends lived with me at the time so it was pretty safe. When I did move in with my ex-wife I used the AC return in our apartment to hide my things. The return was 20x20 and about two feet deep. This worked out pretty well since there was no place in our apartment that I felt would be safe from her snooping. When we moved I packed everything up in the bottom of a box full of older clothes that I didn't wear. Mostly jeans and shirts that I had out grown but held on to because we all know what it is like to loose weight and have to wear baggy clothes. I figure I would probably use them again. I kept the box in the back of the storage closet along with a few others and would take things in and out as needed. Sorry to say I finally got caught. She was off for the week and decided to clean out the storage room and found everything. When I came home it was all tossed on the bed for me to explain! I will never forget having to throw all of those things away and promising never to do it again.

Six months later and she filed for divorce. Said that she just couldn't deal with the fact that I dressed in women's clothes. That was 20 years ago this year and honestly today I am glad that she found them! I am now married to a woman that has accepted me for who I am and has no issues about my dressing. All of my things are hanging in the closet, my shoes are on shelves ready to wear, and my lingerie is folded nicely in the dresser. I can wear my stuff around the house whenever I want, we shop together, everything. You just can't imagine the weight that falls off of you when you finally get accepted. It makes me sad to know that so many of us have to go through life hiding who we really are.

I have a reading chair in my home office, with a flat top chest as a coffee table. I keep all my lingerie hose and sweaters in the chest, and my dresses, skirts and blouses in a closet. My wife knows, does NOT accept, but she leaves it alone. I left a sweater out the other day, she called me at work to say she found it, did not appreciate it, and had shut the office door.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

I live with my father who I really don't want to find out, so I hide my stuff in different places, my one pair of woman's jeans is hidden with my work cloths I his my tops and one dress in different drawers in mt dressermy one blouse blends in with my shirts and my heels are in my TV strand hiding behind my movies and books
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    My back bedroom is, well, it's outfitted for many things. I also keep my CD stuff in the closet there. The door is locked when I'm not home. Even if I got in an accident and someone needed to pick up some clothes for me or something, my private life is safe. Thirty years with a security clearance has taught me much about compartmentalization.

"so I hide my stuff in different places"

If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.

It is nice I can keep my stuff in the closet and my dresser