Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Femme stash

Hiding your Femme stash

I guess we all relate to this topic.

I think most of us start dressing taking an item from some relative, mom, sister, etc. But when it comes to get our own stuff, it gets tricky as the stash keeps growing, in terms of storing it.
    When I first wanted to do this seriously, I bought some make up, a pair of heels and some underwear; Stuff That I could fit in a shoe box. At that time I was living in an apartment which was quite spacious, but it had a very simple and defined layout, and my wife and I are usually very organized, so very little things are out of place.
    It was a rental so I had no shed or attic to use. But the kitchen was the only place that had drop ceiling, it was a saver!!! So it was a great hiding spot for my female items, the problem was when the stuff keeps growing.
    I never had much but at some point I did collect a decent amount that occupied the space of a medium suitcase.
    About 8 pairs of shoes, underwear, jeans, skirts, wigs and make up.

It becomes a challenge and it takes some creativeness to pull it off, so every time I had to us it I had to be careful that when I put it back, it had to be properly arranged, nice and neat, sectioned in the box I had it, and ready to be taken out quickly in case I needed to get rid of it.
    Only one day when my wife was away visiting family, I empty out my shirts closet which was as narrow as the three feet door.
    When I hanged my femme clothes and put all my shoes at the bottom, wow it look great!, and I felt so great.
    Perhaps it was a fantasy that only lasted the few days she was away.

When it comes to do things that you don't want other people to know, you can get really creative.
    Now we live in a different apartment, but there are more places to store things, I only keep a very small stash of femme stuff, as per to my old stuff, I had to get rid of it at some point when we moved from that apartment.
    When I went to dump it to a used clothes container, it felt so wrong to have to get rid of part of me, and I really miss my shoes, you never find the same pair again.

Hugs,

Paola.
    Last edited by paola_gemi; 02-02-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I live alone, and have most of my big closet, full of dresses and skirts. My big fear, is if i get hurt badly, or very ill. I have cats too, and nobody to stay and care for my cats and things. If my sister or brother were to have to do it, they would be shocked, and very disgusted, and i would never hear the end of it, and the ridicule from my older brothers. It would be hell. I am considering a locked large footlocker, or locked very large dufflebag, but it is sure nice to see dresses on hangers in my closet, instead of all of them stuffed in a bag, or box all the time. I can't afford a storage locker.

Drop ceilings rock! But I know how one gets overloaded with stuff over time and I usually eventually pick through the things I don't use much or don't like as much, and donate them. cheers.

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    THIS POST!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
    I wish we had a "like post" option or a way to up-vote a post to show the writer some love for their thoughts, opinions, or effort.
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

Who are you hiding it from? If it's your wife, maybe a talk is in order.
    Hugs

Platinum Member
    It's not just an issue of hiding it from a wife. My wife and I are in a DADT marriage. She knows I dress when she is not home. She knows I purchase femme items, but, she probably does not have any idea of the extent of my wardrobe. I have over 110 dresses. I have over 400 slips (collector). I have more bras and panties than my wife. The same with heels. So where do I store them? I have 19 Zerox boxes stacked up in the converted garage which was suppose to be a rec room. The kids are gone so it has become a communal store room. Even if my wife said "Honey, why don't you hang your dresses in the closet", there's already no room! The house is just too small.

I had mine hid in a army locker in the storage unit. Til coming back from a trip, and the first thing my wife notice was a little sign of make up. That was a long time ago, and it turn out good for me then, never know what the future will bring.
    Yes I would love some of the stuff that I gave away back, it was hardly worn. It just doesn't feel wrong it is wrong to give a big part of your self away. Never again

I used to have it in a box in my closet, then once people started coming into my room more often for some really odd reason, then I moved it to a trash bag which is covered by "dirty" clothes in my hamper. I have collected quite a few items, so soon I might need to find another hiding spot.
    I'm hiding it from my father, brother, and my sister(different sister), all of which do not know about my dressing and I have no intentions on sharing it with them. They've made their opinions of CD'ers, TG's, and gays VERY clear. Don't think they need to know about what I do when I'm alone.
    "And tell me, why you're staring. Come on, Come on, it must be, what I'm wearing! - Smash Mouth"

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    @ Stephanie- Perhaps a good angle since it is a DADT would be to ask for a room you can use for your dressing. Offer to place a lock so she doesnt even have to stumble onto anything "by accident," and offer to remodel a room of her choice to her liking. It creates a win win for everyone, and it also incentivises a small measure of acceptance of sorts. It connects receipt of something positive from your dressing.

Ever & Always,
    Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I live with my father who I really don't want to find out, so I hide my stuff in different places, my one pair of woman's jeans is hidden with my work cloths I his my tops and one dress in different drawers in mt dressermy one blouse blends in with my shirts and my heels are in my TV strand hiding behind my movies and books
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    My back bedroom is, well, it's outfitted for many things. I also keep my CD stuff in the closet there. The door is locked when I'm not home. Even if I got in an accident and someone needed to pick up some clothes for me or something, my private life is safe. Thirty years with a security clearance has taught me much about compartmentalization.

I built a small storage cabinet 2' wide x 2' deep x 5' tall on casters. It is divided into two lockable compartments. The larger one has my hunting clothes in it and the smaller lower one has two duffel bags full of Michelle's things. I may have to switch the two around soon. As far as anyone in the house knows , it is all hunting stuff. Before I built the cabinet , I had a plastic foot locker with a small padlock on it.

It's nice to hear about others stashes, makes me feel less like a pervert, as my wife calls me. I finally told her not to look in two drawers and a shelf in the closet. She mentioned the shelf the other day and I told her not to look if it upsets her. (Not visible unless trying hard). It's dismaying that we must hide our real selves, is it not?

"so I hide my stuff in different places"

If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.

It is nice I can keep my stuff in the closet and my dresser

hey all back after a looong time lol, (been lurking for a while)

im 27 now still living at home, i no longer hide anything, my 5"heels +3"heels and 3" Sandals and flats are under my bed neatly, my lingerie incl pantyhose are in my dresser along with my male stuff, my clothes (skirts, shirts, dresses) are hidden though. i have a brother who knows and has seen me dressed but he's over it, my dad's seen me dressed once heading to a family costume party, and my mom couldn't care less, when the other 2 are not home i dress around her lol. she also sometimes does my laundry which is great. I have come out to her twice @ 16y and @ 24y.

I never had any good places to hide, always got caught out, everything got thrown away, had the talks etc.

Kimmie.

I keep everything nicely folded in several suitcases. Ironing has become a hobby ;-)

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paola_gemi View Post
    I guess we all relate to this topic.
    Nope, sorry, I can't relate. I have never had a need to hide my stuff. I am one of those weird wacky people who never realized that I need to hide this from my SO.

When I was with my ex-wife I only had lingerie which I would wear when she was not around. Even though our size were not the same, I kept some slips and teddies in with her lingerie as she never wore any after we were married. In 15 years she never questioned what any of it was.

I've purged so many times it is ridiculous. I've gotten rid of some nice stuff - particularly some nice bras, garter belts, garter stockings and some really nice flora print Vanity Fair panties all because I am and will always be in the closet. As a result, I have become very creative in hiding my stash ender loose floorboards in the attic and other such places. So far, so good. Unfortunately, I don't get to dress often either but I enjoy the times that I do.

Isn't it crazy that this silky, frilly, lacy, clingy stuff that we love to wear has soooooo much bulk to it? And then you just have to add breast forms, heels, padded panties, a wig or two and a makeup kit.
    Last edited by Auntie; 02-06-2015 at 09:56 AM.

The "quit hiding" comments demonsrate a lack of understanding and respect to those who, in their own unique situation, choose not to reveal at this time. The OP topic is "how to" not "should I?"

I can relate as well, although I too, am one of those gurls who does not need to hide anything. We recently moved from Ohio to New Mexico and "TerriAnn" needed an entire box truck load to move all the goods I have collected all these years. I'm just finishing the closet. I have a 30x60 shop building that I walled off a part that is 12x30. Made this into a finished room that has all the comforts of home. Installed a loft in one end(wifes suggestion) that is 8x12. This allows hanging space for dresses and such under the loft, about 24 ft of hanging space. Most of the 600+ pairs of shoes are in the loft area on racks that line the walls of the loft. The reason this closet is in the shop and all this stuff is not in the bedroom?, just not enough room in the house. I am really trying to do this as nice as I can and when it's complete, I will post photos. So how many pairs of black shoes does a gurl need???? All of them of course.....Lol Oh, our neighbors know all about me as well, in fact one was over yesterday and she needed to shop and borrow shoes and a dress for a wedding coming up. I bring this up only as a prompt to all those who are hiding who they are. Be honest with folks about who and what you are and they will be honest with about the fact that they love you for who you are. There is more fun in the sharing of your life with others, than hiding who you really are.

When i was married i had a shed with a attic i drilled 4 holes bought a hockey bag stored all my stuff in it.I put a peace of wood over top of the peak of the attic where i could slide 4 nails into so it looked it was supposed to be there .Even thou i told my x wife about my cding and at first she accepted it it turned ugly and i had to hide it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo