Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hiding your Femme stash

I can certainly relate. Fortunately at the moment I have 3 sheds in my backyard so I don't worry about my things being found but, I do hate that they're always wrinkled and left in the elements. My lipstick melts in the summer and concealer freezes in the winter. Plus i worry about bugs getting in my things. I really wish my wife would be more accepting of Ashley. Sometimes I want to send her a pic of a favorite outfit and share a moment but the one time she stumbled on a picture it started a huge fight and she acted disgusted. I also agree that purges can feel devastating looking back. I look at some old pics and miss a lot of the clothes I used to have. I think of the money lost there too. It stinks. I've resolved to never purge again. Even if we're moving I'll just label the box "you don't want to know!"

I used to hide my stuff in plain sight, I just hung some things in my closet and the longer stuff in my suite cases. I then bought a big gun cabinet and lock everything up.

It would be great not to have to hide everything. But for many, and at least for me, crossdressing was just never that simple.
    I rented a small storage unit when I was dressing a lot. And ooooof, there were so many nice things to hide away. I decided it was good policy to keep everything out of the house so my girlfriend, who I'd never come out to, wouldn't find even a tiny overlooked detail left out in view. So I rented one of those storage units in an outdoor complex that I could drive right up to, park by, go inside and close the door enough to have privacy but still let light and air in. Luckily it was in a back row and the view when I did leave the door open was a chain link fence with a little hill and scrub bushes blocking any more view. If anyone drove around the corner, it was easy enough to hear them on the gravel and close the door. Never had a problem, and that was dressing regularly for several years. I'd come back after an evening out and change back into a boy before driving home. The only near-problem was one night I'd had too much to drink, so I stayed in the parked car by my little shed to sleep it off. A suspicious cop woke me up, but I told him the unit next to me was mine, and he figured I was okay to be there.
    The obvious drawback, of course, was that there was no dressing in the privacy of my own home, no sleeping in silky, slinky things. I ended up breaking that rule a few times, but mostly stuck to the policy of nothing in the house. And for me, being out and about and seen is a big part of the fun -- not exactly exhibitionism, but something akin. So the storage unit strategy worked for me. Finding the right strategy for each person's circumstance may be the key.

In the trunk of a project car in the garage. My only fear is that some day it will be taken away to be on one of those surprise restoration shows

I have cross dressed for at least 25 years. My wife is so straight she would break in two if she bent over. She found I had visited this cross dressing site a few years ago and went ballistic. She brings that incident up quite frequently. So, as you see, I must be very careful where my special clothes are stashed. Not having a wife that would accept my favourite pastime, I became inventive with three little spaces in the area between the upper floor joists in our basement. the opening in those spaces are hidden from view with insulation. The areas are large enough to lay things out in an orderly fashion. Every chance I get while she is away, I live as "Marcie". This is one of those times, as she is away, in the south for a month.

Aspiring Member
    In a small unmarked box underneath my bed, which raises up to reveal a storage space. As said box is next to a lot of souvenirs and collected items it probably deserves to be there, inconspicuous and unassuming. My wig is inexplicably lumped with my camera peripherals.

Due to my DADETAI (don't ask, don't even think about it) situation, it'll be this way till I commence my studies next year. Cross-dressing on campus outside of Drag Night is another story.

I don't have to hide anymore, but I have lots of anecdotes from growing up. The funniest was wearing my entire stash of lingerie underneath my clothes when my mom and dad were doing a "deep clean" of the floors and baseboards. I literally had ten pair of panties on under my baggy shorts, and I had to walk really controlled. I was scared my brother was going to tackle me.

I always wanted to know how girls hide there stash.
    I was interested in how people that are married get away with it. Its hasnt been a problem for a number of years. Since have have my own house. But growing up, it was tricky trying to hind my stuff. I would have to swith my stash locations. I would hide stuff in a suit case. That worked for awhile untill my dad went looking for it. I was more upset because it took along time ti build that big of a stash. He got rid of it. So i had to start over form the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by minna_xxxx View Post
    If you hide stuff in multiple places, you will increase odds that someone finds something. So statistically it is better to use only one place to store stuff.
    If you hide all your stuff in one place and it gets discovered, you lose it all.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I remember back when I had to hide all of my things. Most of the time I just kept them in a suitcase in the back of my closet. None of my girlfriends lived with me at the time so it was pretty safe. When I did move in with my ex-wife I used the AC return in our apartment to hide my things. The return was 20x20 and about two feet deep. This worked out pretty well since there was no place in our apartment that I felt would be safe from her snooping. When we moved I packed everything up in the bottom of a box full of older clothes that I didn't wear. Mostly jeans and shirts that I had out grown but held on to because we all know what it is like to loose weight and have to wear baggy clothes. I figure I would probably use them again. I kept the box in the back of the storage closet along with a few others and would take things in and out as needed. Sorry to say I finally got caught. She was off for the week and decided to clean out the storage room and found everything. When I came home it was all tossed on the bed for me to explain! I will never forget having to throw all of those things away and promising never to do it again.

Six months later and she filed for divorce. Said that she just couldn't deal with the fact that I dressed in women's clothes. That was 20 years ago this year and honestly today I am glad that she found them! I am now married to a woman that has accepted me for who I am and has no issues about my dressing. All of my things are hanging in the closet, my shoes are on shelves ready to wear, and my lingerie is folded nicely in the dresser. I can wear my stuff around the house whenever I want, we shop together, everything. You just can't imagine the weight that falls off of you when you finally get accepted. It makes me sad to know that so many of us have to go through life hiding who we really are.

I "hide" my stuff in the top two drawers of our dresser in the bedroom. Some of it is under her stuff, some over her stuff. It works very well because we wear the same size in most everything. She does most of the shopping nowadays because I am beginning to have mobility problems. I think sometimes she purchases items for me because the wants to "borrow" them. We celebrated our wedding anniversary by spending Christmas week in New Orleans and bought a couple of special matching bras for the trip. Mine was lilac and prettier than hers. Guess that is the reason that she beats me to it when we go out to dinner. Life is good!

Now days I hide all my male clothes in the back of the wardrobe.
    Many years ago it was quite different.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My Mother would have killed me if she found out I wore her clothes for several years? I would try on all her dresses,skirts,tops,all of her silk blouses&her blazers
    and her shoes,including her many different color pairs of heels,while she was at work
    "Love&Kisses"
    Michelle

We have two large walk in our master suite. Each has built in chest of drawers and extensive shelving and hanging racks. In order to not create any issues I the minds of our weekly cleaning service people my wife kindly suggested that I store my extensive femme wardrobe in her closet. That was one of the happiest days of my life. I felt that, after many years of stress over my dressing, she finally was becoming truly accepting.

Junior Member Rebecca Cross Bracer's Avatar
    In the basement, boxed up above the air vents. You'd have to be looking AND know where to look to find it.

I have all of my clothing, shoes and gear in a wardrobe. Nothing is really hidden but I tend to keep my personal space very private in general. I've told my mom on more than one occasion that if she went through my stuff she'd find some weird stuff, and while my parents and family are the kind of people to be supportive most of them would just rather let me keep such things to myself. I've had to be somewhat creative in the past though, since I move around a lot and don't always have the luxury of having any of my things at hand. I really need to pick up a rubber storage container and cut some holes in the lids to slide padlocks into.

Previously when sharing a house with friends I used to always keep things in a locked suitcase under my bed and just hoped none of them ever asked to borrow it. Now I own my own house with my partner. Fortunately it has a 2 car shed which is predominantly my domain. What started as 1 plastic storage box hidden on a couple of planks in the rafters has expanded to three boxes. No more room there so theres a bit more in a box of "car parts" in a cupboard. And some more hidden under the rags in another box. I've really got to stop buying things especially as I have so few chances to actually dress in them. But at least I'm prepared for when I do!

One of the best effects of coming out to my wife is that I don't have to hide it anymore. I have a dresserful, which she can look into any time she wants.

My stash is kept in the garage in a 55 gallon tote. My wife knows where it is but leaves it alone. I would welcome the day that I could keep it in the house but I don't see that day happening in this life time.

Well for twenty years I kept my panties and pantyhose in my dresser with my wife's blessing. However everything else was DADT so I kept a small stash of things in a small tote in the trunk of my company care so I could dress when I traveled. It was easily concealed in the garage if I needed to leave it at home for any reason. Due to it's size I kept rotating things in and out of my stash. Once after my daughter and her family stayed with us for a month while waiting on their new home to be finished, the wife found my stash but thought my daughter had left it behind and fortunately asked me to let her know. Looking back I am pretty sure she knew it was mine. Two years ago my wife informed me that if dressing made me happy to go ahead and dress at home. Now my things are in my closet with my drab clothes. My dresser has my lingerie and such. Since I do all of the laundry my wife does not deal with my things. She does have a good eye for an outfit and gives me some style advice.
    Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

For the longest time, I kept everything in totes up in the attic. One could only get there using a ladder in the garage.

After an extremely close call, I moved everything to a storage locker. Life has been a lot less stressful since then. It's not ideal from an access perspective when my wife goes out but we wear the same size which helps.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    i am through with this problem. My wife doesn't care and i tend to sell lots of random stuff on ebay so my kids really have no idea as well. Sometimes i think we all stress on this waaay too much.

Paola,
    For 25 years I was a traveling salesman working out of my car. I had the whole trunk filled with stuff, including my clothes.

Hope that helps. Hugs, Connie Marie
    Last edited by Connie.Marie; 04-19-2015 at 01:11 PM.
    See my favorite lovely ladies at https://www.flickr.com/photos/64988357@N03/favorites/

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies, projects, or any other purpose - YOU DO NOT HAVE MY PERMISSION To Use Any Of My Profile Or Pictures In Any Form Or Forum Both Current And Future.

Aspiring Member
    Quote Originally Posted by celeste26 View Post
    Drop the hiding stuff altogether and let yourself be free. Most people don't care anyway.
    All it takes is a wife who objects vigorously and all that "most people don't care anyway" stuff goes out the window!

I rent a heated storage unit to store my stuff and to do my dressing. My wife does not know about the storage unit. She thinks I purged. In the storage unit, everything is hung up neatly and easily accessible. The makeup, jewelry, lingerie, etc, is organized. There is enough space to stand or sit. It works well.
    Last edited by abby054; 02-21-2015 at 06:58 PM.

Gold Member
    When I was about 12, My Mother caught me again with soma of her girdles hidden under
    the mattress in my bed room.
    So I got to thinking, since I was a Carpenter want-a-be, I made a false bottom to the
    built in dresser drawer in my closet. It was sweet, I could hide about five or six items
    in there.
    I wonder if anyone found out about my stash place, come to think, I wonder if I ever
    emptied it out when I left.
    Rader