There is a guy that works at a gas station I go to a lot that I have known for a long time, though we have never really been good friends or anything, just acquaintances . A really long time ago, in my early 20's, I had been seeing his sister for a while. Like so many around here he watched me transition, but he remained friendly to me and never acted weird about what I did. He had switched really easy to using my new name without me ever saying a word to him or explaining (I assume someone else told him my new name at some point). Still, I often wondered what he thought of me since he always seemed like a bit of a redneck and because at one time was seeing his sister I figured he must judge me somewhat.

The other night he really surprises me though when I go to the store. There was no one else there and in a very nervous mumbly kind of way he says to me that he likes to wear women's cloths sometimes, that he is more comfortable that way, and would like to get together sometime to talk more. I was very shocked! What goes through my mind is you poor guy....I wonder how long he has been wanting to say something to me but has been afraid to? I wonder how tormented he has been by his secret? I wonder if he is a he or really a she inside? I wonder what will happen next with him if he is starting to open that closet door a bit and whether he is a crossdresser or if it runs deeper than just cloths?

It just seemed like a strange thing to happen. It made me feel like there are others on the fringes watching me, seeing how I do out there and maybe finding some hope in that. I don't know. How many TG people can there be around here in their closets still and what do they think of me? I don't like being as out and visible as I am, but it is what it is and maybe there is some good to that. It also made me reflect on what it was like for me not to many years ago living with those secrets, to afraid to be me, and how lucky I am today to be where I am in my life. I am still a nut case half the time at least and have some down days, I have gone through my hardships with all of the transition and stuff, but I have still managed to come out okay for the most part and can live my life as I want. I never imagined that would happen.

Just thought I would share about this here. It has been on my mind.

Oh, on a side note I did end up getting outed at my new job so I don't have to worry about that anymore.