Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Banged up, but fine.

Platinum Member
    All of you cyclists please stay safe. There are too many drivers who get irate about sharing the road. My son-in-law's father was struck while cycling, ended up severely disabled, and, finally succumbed to his injuries. Elizabeth, make sure you are checked out and check out your state law on the statute of limitations for filing suit against the guy's insurance company. Don't ever tell any physician you feel fine! Sometimes the effects of an injury will not become evident for years. Some of my aches and pains have been evident since 1970, while others have surfaced only recently..all from the same incident.

Quote Originally Posted by KellyJameson View Post
    Cops, Hmmm Not so much.... But you had to mention Firemen.

I think I will ride my bike to work tomorrow.
    Kelly likes her some firemen!!!

Karen

Stephanie, I will be tomorrow when I'm scheduled off form work. I have stated before that I have been thoroughly checked out at the ER.

I'm a little nervous about today. I'm attempting to go back to work as per the Doctors release form. I wasn't able to secure a ride to work like I had planned to. So as they say, I'm getting back on that horse this morning. If I had been scheduled to work a later shift, I wouldn't be as nervous as I am right now because I wouldn't have to deal with the High School traffic. I will just not understand why so many people don't have their kids ride the school bus. That would relieve a lot of that traffic congestion and my ride earlier in the day would be a lot safer.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth Jamie View Post
    My helmet deffinately needs replacing, and it will be.
    EJ:

Yes, make sure that you do that. Lots of discussion on a cycling forum that I frequent about buying into the advertising rhetoric, but to me it is cheap insurance. You never know all the ways in which your helmet was stressed. I am not risk-adverse as I spent 6 years of largely urban riding in Taiwanese cities of 1.0 to 1.5 million people. But, to me there's Risk, Calculated Risk and Stupid Risk and I try hard to avoid the last.

All the best for your recovery!

DeeAnn