Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing Older

Growing Older

I've often thought about this, as I myself am (sometimes painfully) aware of the aging process! I wonder how many others of us ponder about this too. In many ways however, we can gain wisdom, inner beauty and tact--more ways to project ourselves into the potentials of the human form. Sure we have more wrinkles, more infirmities perhaps-and we cannot hide them very successfully. We may feel envy at others who appear more outwardly beautiful, nimble and even sexy, but we have the realization that no matter how ancient we are, they also will someday experience the inevitability of growing older.
    I would welcome comments from others of us, no matter what their age.

The last year and a half have made me painfully aware of the aging process and I have come to the realization that I have to change and adopt new ways or I will die. I am not envious of the younger crowd, but sometimes I just want to smack them up side their heads when I hear them talking about how bad they have it.
    At age 63, my biggest problem is after 25 years of what I thought was a good marriage has come to an end. I will have to figure out a way to grow old by myself on half of what I thought my retirement would be.

I will be 67 this friday but I don't feel old, it's just how you feel about yourself , I will never get old , just more mature

Platinum Member
    Feeling a bit creaky now and then, and seeing changes in my skin. But overall, I'm happy to be in good health, glad that I have been able to maintain a consistently physically active lifestyle over the decades. My only message to younger people like us would be to put aside the demons and doubts, enjoy and experience the fullness of life as a transgendered person. It really can be much better than anyone imagines.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I don't mind growing older my friend as long as I grow wiser as well in the process. If we haven't learned much then it's a waste.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I find myself reflecting more on that as the years pass by. Though I'm 57, in my mind I'm convinced I'm only 19. My body reminds me otherwise and the mirror reveals the toll time and a hard life have taken on me.

Women come in all sorts of packages, big one and little ones, young ones and old ones. So aging, by itself, does not disqualify anyone from exploring a different gender expression. The thing to remember is to dress appropriately. Dress your age. There's nothing stranger to the eye than a large gift in an inappropriately small package.

Platinum Member
    Hi Bobbie, I'm 72 and I really enjoy dressing every Morning for 3 or 4 hours and about 3hrs a couple Evenings a week.

I like to think that my life's journey is about 3/4 of the way there.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I remember when I was younger, and I thought this was only a phase, a curiosity if you will. In high school, it was about bras and panties and any type of lingerie. I thought it would pass, that I would out grow it. I joined the Army right out of high school, active duty 1995-1998. I suppressed my urges (mostly) but did indulge on rare occasion. Soldiers would bring girls back to the barracks for the weekend. If I stumbled upon some female laundry in the laundry room, well, let's just say I acquired essentials when the urge was rather strong. I will be 38 next Saturday. I have yet to out grow this. If anything, it has grown stronger in me.

As I look at myself in the mirror, I realize I'm getting pretty old looking. I cannot even come close to passing anymore, and bad ankles have me moving in a very unfeminine way.

This getting older sucks, but it beats the alternative.
    Cara

Seniors discount!

Quote Originally Posted by beam47 View Post
    I will never get old , just more mature
    You're doing better than I am - I will never get mature, just older! <g>
    Hugs - Diane

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    I'm 53 and one of the few regrets I have is that I didn't crossdress much more when I was young and slightly pretty. I dabbled, and it was great, but I wish I'd thrown myself in head first. I got back into it more seriously only about 6 months ago and it's dismaying to see the lines on my face- I honestly didn't care till then. Thoughtful thread- thanks.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Gone to live my life
    Hi Bobbie,

Insightful post. I guess aging is the inevitable for all people. Sometimes when I look in the mirror I think . . .WOA where did the years go and who is this old guy staring back at me. Then I have days like yesterday where I did my annual PT test for the military and outperformed 70 percent of the people present all much younger then me. I then think . . . at least I have my health . . . so I can live with the wrinkles and sallow skin of age.

Hugs

Isha

I'm 68, but I still have the outlook of a young person along with the wisdom and experience of age. I do have physical limitations, mostly due to health issues that are long term and under control. In the mirror, failing eyesight is actually a plus and I take full advantage of it (the long hair with little gray is another helpful asset).
    Growing old isn't too bad,especially when you consider the alternative.
    Last edited by donnalee; 02-06-2015 at 04:47 AM.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Hi Bobbie, today is my 56th birthday, or as I refer to it,the 35th anniversary of my 21st birthday. I certainly have a lot more aches and creaks than when I was younger but I also find that with age comes contentment and inner peace with myself. I am a lot less body conscious in that I wear clothing for comfort and practicality ( it just so happens that some of it is female ). If only we could have the life experience of age with the energy of youth.

Alison.

69 today, and my wife said "Remember, 70 is the new 50! Where does that leave you?"
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Banned Read only
    I've hit 63 and now feel comfortable with my CDing but I'm afraid I may echo cdinmd206's comment that a separation after 40 years may be on the horizon !
    As for feeling old there are too many things still on the bucket list and getting old isn't one of them ! The extra lines and creases don't stop us thinking and doing things, other people tend to be more sympathetic when we don't succeed !

Good thread! Well, my mom died two and a half yrs ago, at 91, severe Alzheimer's. My difficult father is turning 94, today! Very unhappy man his whole life, made my life extremely hard. At 60, but emotionally a 20 yo, I am suffering chronic pain, in my left shoulder, and neck, from a car jack collapse injury. I should have known better! I don't have a mate, no friends around here, other than cats, other than acquaintances. I own a 39 yr old car, two cats, tapes and records, books, two guitars, clothes, and little else, so my will, is to give all to charities. Not sure what to do with the cats, if idie, or am hospitalized. My biggest fear, is getting hurt badly, or severe illness, and in the hospital a while. Who will pay my rent, bills, care for my apartment, anc cats. i have no one. Dressing is still great pleasure, but i am doing it less, because of all the work. I wear tights under dressing in the cold. I try to be adaptable, but find i am getting set in my own stubborn ways too much. I do like being an older, attractive lady, when i dress up, though. I can't let my dressing keep me from important late in life responsibilities, though, and being an addictive bi polar, that can happen.

Hi Bobbie Welcome to the group Ye your right we are getting old and it kind of sucks. I was just looking at recent pics of myself and those wrinkles are getting deeper by the day. But I don't let it bother me and I hope it doesn't bother others not that I care. I just try to have fun and enjoy myself. I get out occasionally and never have a problem and enjoy it bunches. Keep having FUN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Sallee

Silver Member
    Interesting how we deal with age. I just turned 50 and my wife recently lost her father and grandmother. We were talking about not waiting to do the bucket list things. So I steered the conversation to wanting to go out for a girl's night out. Just me and her. Well dressing had been on the back burner and in the closet for a while so it took a minute for her to catch up. Now we have a vacation planned to Vegas with a stop at Just You. So even though I see those lines and keeping the muffin top in check is hard, I am glad I've matured enough to be more direct about this part of me. Much less fear with wisdom is a pretty good trade off now that I'm here.

I'm halfway between 68 and 69, been coming out CD since my early 50s, now with 69 and 70 looming I know I am old and I see in the mirror that I am getting wrinkly... though I don't really feel old. Lucky and blessed to have no physical impairments besides eyeglasses, dental crowns and minor arthritis. Two marriages, three grown kids all doing well on their own terms, interesting work and career, all in all I've had a really good, varied and interesting life and am continuing to do so as a retired old man/woman, in the CD sphere as well as in other areas of a busy life. Don't know how I ever found time to work. After years of struggle and expense, for the past ten years I've been able to dress up whenever I want, I'm so very grateful to be free of the stress of living in the closet, in a dark box.

My Dad died at age 79 and my Mom at 89, I'm shooting for the moon. They say the first person who will live 150 years is alive today, somewhere. Maybe it will be me.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Unhappy I say use your maturity to your advantage. Eventually we WILL get truly old!

Maturity means experience and wisdom to me. And, since I'm 70, I hope I got them!

So, I choose to use them to assist me in keeping Sherry looking and acting youthful!

One day, I'll be unable or unwilling to project her youthful character. But, until that day comes, I'm NOT buying grannie outfits!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member
    Well I will be 68 this year. Although I have been dressing to different degrees since
    I was 4, It was not until I retired at 60 that I have had more time to enjoy my passion.
    The old saying...You get to soon old, and to late smart. well If I could of only had the time to
    dress more when I was younger, I might have been able to go places dressed as a female.
    Now that I am an old specimen, I just try to enjoy what little time I can squeeze out of life.
    Rader

Just a Brazilian Girl :) natalialimapoa's Avatar
    I just did 25, and this topic really inspires me! I am open to listen to your wisdom and advices It scares me how life goes fast, so I live life to the fullest all the time (alredy have my own company and I am completely independent). I think i will never age mentally.
    Just another brazilian girl.