Thread: Who'd Buy a Crossdressing Video Game?

Who'd Buy a Crossdressing Video Game?

I don't think a crossdressing video game would sell too much, maybe the only market would be other crossdressers. Otherwise, maybe you'd have to make it a general dressup video game.

I once saw a craigslist ad for an animation programmer to animate skits for a fetish website, the guy would pay you $3000 + / month to just do animations.

So maybe there is some money in pandering.

What r ur thoughts on a cd video game?
    Last edited by KateSpade83; 02-06-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    I dont think even CD's want a CD game.
    Its too easy to just go online and play as a female character. From the TV show I watched, Second Life and other games of that type (role play games including WOW I think they said as well) is full of men of all ages playing as female characters.

Even myself before I was CD when I had a PS3 I used to play a game called Heavenly Sword and loved being represented by the smoking hot lead character in the game. When I played Teken I prefered to play as the female characters & I loved dressing them up and choosing outfits for them, They were more interesting and had a greater range of clothing and outfits to choose from.

OMG I think I was CD in games before I even knew I was CD

Sorry just had a realisation there for a moment.
    If a CD is trully trying to pass as a woman in reality then I doubt they also want the same experience in a game of trying to make a male character look female. Games are to escape into and live out your fantasy. Not to repeat your daily life & just be playing as a man in a dress.
    YAY I just worked out how to make a signature.
    Now if I only knew what to write

shows how much i know - my wife tells me guys all over the place here are female characters in "Second Life" ... i reckon the closet's a lot bigger than we think, probably crowded in fact???

If the game isn't very good, I'd exit after five minutes and go dress up. If the game is really good, I'd exit after two minutes and go dress up.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I would download the app if it's free. But, even the online makeup things are kinda' lame.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Why would we when we have this forum???
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Personally, This Ain't No Game...

DeeAnn

There was actually MTF and FTM crossdressing in the video game, Fable 3. I played it twice, both genders.

So every game i have ever played that let's you pick the sex of your character i ALWAYS pick the female. I suppose some part of me is because i like to dress and playing a fantasy game of some sort is indulging that part of me BUT i do not feel like i do when i play a game as a female as i do when i dress. Part of it is that the female characters can always look way better then a man so why wouldn't I want to look at a female while i spend an hour in front of the tv?

Part of dressing is just not feeling feminine for me it is a tactile thing as well. i love the way girls clothes feel and make me feel!!!!

Secondlife is free (so are most of the opensim virtual worlds)

In Sunset Overdrive for xbox one you can have a male in a dress for your character.

I would prefer the real thing every time.

Check out my last post in this thread: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...g-a-Video-Game

I tried crossdressing a guy in women's clothes in this program, but the clothes needed to be resized.

I'd rather do the real thing myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member
    Even in the absence of character design my IGN would give me away as female already. Also, with the exception of fetishistic content, I would venture that a considerable number of CDs would immediately play as a female character instead.

Also, despite the common saying that many female avatars on Second Life are actually men, I have met exactly one besides myself who has admitted it.

Usually I'll just play a female if I want to gender bend in a game, although I wouldn't mind being able to put a women's garment on a guy in some RPG's, like having the option to have Vera's Dress not to turn into a tux on a male character in New Vegas or similar items in other games (although it makes sense mechanically, you want reward to the character with a unique item, but have it functional for either gender).

ok, so just figured i would put in my two cents. A game about crossdressing, or with a crossdressing character would be two different things. games about crossdressing seem like it would fall under those dress up app flash type games which i find kind of boring as there isn't really anything to do. Games with crossdressing characters do exist, in final fight there was a character named poison who is listed in american versions as transvestite, in final fantasy VII the main character is required to crossdress in order to gain access to mansion in an attempt to save one of the other characters who has been captured, in saints row 4 and 5 it is possible for your character to wear feminine clothing, or even change the character model during the game to be either gender, but you can leave the voice the same, i've heard in the sims 3 there are extra items you can download allowing you to make male characters crossdress, also as noted fable 3, and sunset overdrive. I imagine there are others but i haven't gone out of my way to find these i just have run across these things in my normal game playing/reading.

so would i buy a game with crossdressing as a possible mechanic in the game? yes in fact i already have a number of them that i have listed above. Do i go out of my way to find them? nope, i play games that are good, those type of trivial options don't factor in.

-kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

I don't think a CD based game would sell all that well hence the companies wouldn't put any effort into it. There are plenty of games out there that offer either the male role or female role, might want to just play them I do lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I think that a game that is focused on crossdressing would most likely chase away a lot of customers. There are some games out there though that has the option to put a male in female clothes. Some examples would be Saints row, GTA online, Sunset overdrive, and some others. When I play games though I don't really want to play a male dressing as a female. I just pick a female character every chance I get and make her look as good as I possibly can.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeNile View Post
    In Sunset Overdrive for xbox one you can have a male in a dress for your character.
    Also in GTA V there is a scene that Trevor Smith ends up on a street wearing a dress. I guess the game developer's intention was that the player goes to Trevor's home for changing the clothes as quickly as possible. Naturally I played with dress on as long as the game allowed. Interestingly, nobody took a long look at Trevor, so either Los Santos is very CD friendly city or game develpers have still some fine tuning with reality parameters :-).

Edit: I foud this game video about Trevor cross dressing. The funny part is that this scene was originally written as Trevor wearing normal clothes. Now as he happens to wear dress, the dialog get some new very funny connotations ("are you laughing at me..."). The video contains strong language and violence, so please don't watch, if you are not confortable with GTA type of games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VguFlIe5jM0
    Last edited by minna_xxxx; 02-06-2015 at 03:57 AM.

I do play with female characters in video games (Skyrim, Saints Row, etc) if and when possible, but it's not my goal to look like a guy dressed in women's clothing, so if I can pick my avatar anyway, why wouldn't I pick an actual female one?

Given what's going on with GamerGate, I'm not so sure it's worth the trouble. I'm perfectly fine with playing as a female like I do in most games when I have the option. I never use the mic in online games, so they can't even tell my voice anyway.
    I'm a girl when I feel like it