Thread: honest validation

honest validation

Well today i had appointment at the va this is for pain management. As i was takling with my Dr. My integration /psychiatric NP steped in to let him know she went to talk with me. So when we were done she come a got me . We talked for a hour or so she is the persons that lets the Dr know witch med is best for pain and depression. I got a lot more then i though i was getting. I was told that if i was out as (him me) she would not recognize me. She allso told that after talking to me that she could see how comfortable i was as me. We allso talked about my wife witch is dadt situation that she is missing out on a great girl friend. We talk a bout the va some and how good it is to LBGT community and i can verify that. As being transgender we are treated with the utmost respect in the va system. As i have read so many times on here we all look for validation. I do so also and am allways wondering how I look and if I can pass well today I got that validation I left there ten feet tall it was a wonderful day. Now i feel i can move to the next step on my journey i so went to be me. Love cindy

It's always great to have a good day, but be careful to duck when going thru a door since you are now 10 feet tall!!

Hugs, Bria

I'm glad to hear that you are feeling so good about yourself. When you start to pass a your differant doctor appointments it's such a great feeling. I hope you continue to feel ten feet tall.
    "And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom" Anais Nin.

Live, Laugh, and Love Yourself!

That's great, Cindy!
    Cool to see the VA is honoring the LGBT vets, too, these days.

That is awesome Cindy! Good for you. It is always great to have days like that. Here's to many more.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Silver Member
    Cindy, your sincerity and good nature shine through. I'm happy you're experience with the VA is so good. I wish you better with your wife.
    Lea

You really are a wonderful woman honey and I can see where they would have made you feel 10 feet tall. But as advised... Since your now so tall and on a cloud that it might be a good thing to duck! Doorways are made for people so much shorter.

Cindy that was such a wonderful day. Hope the happiness continues.
    Hugs