Thread: Woman's Expo

Woman's Expo

I had planned to attend the Woman's Expo in town, but due to recent transportaion issues, I had to take the bus. I walked 1/4 mile to bus stop. Remember, February in Michigan. We got 12 inches of show on Monday. Along my walk, I encountered 2 homes that did not clear thier walks. I had heels, and hose, and knee leangth skirt. Road was to busy to walk on. Snow was almost touching bottom skirt. I then waited 20 minutes wait for bus.

When I got to the transfer station to get on a different bus, I was asked by a little man, if I was a transexual. I said yes. he said really? I said yes. He said "I ain't done one of those!. I said not interested. You don't want none of this? I said no, saw my bus, and got on it. I was asked by 2 other people in the station if I wanted a date?

The main reason I wanted to go, was the Expo had advertised free hair cuts from Michael O'Rourke, he created Rock Your Hair hair products. When I got to the expo, They had a large crowd around his little stage. They had Michael, and another guy doing hair. I asked one of his sales person, how to get them to cut my hair. She said to watch out front, and they pick who they want to cut. I waited and watched for over a hour. I got to where I was the only person watching, and he chose someone that just walked up. I left.

Baack home on the bus, was no problem until I got back to the transfer station. Again asked by several people if I needed a date. I went into the station. ws looking at the bus map to see which bus I needed. I heard lots of chatter behind me, and of course as soon as I turned around, was a bunch of buys, and suddenly quit. I continue to pick up a bus schedule. I noticed security was right behind me. I had to wait, as bus was late. Security wached until I got on my bus. N o problem on bus home.

My question is, is this how every woman is treated in a bus station? Did I get special attention because I am a transexual.

I never get special attention like that when I walk through a bus station transfer post, lol! and then again not many people know I'm transsexual. I had a co worker just become a facebook friend of mine that didn't know I was transsexual. This is pulled from the convo that we had "Oh give me the info on that I'm ready to quit have been for awhile, your one the coolest girls that worked there you made it fun." Have people been asking where I am at work? "Well it was like you got kidnapped or something you were gone all of a sudden pretty t.raumatizing lol." This was right after I told him that I was transsexual and living stealth. But, being transsexual can have its pros and cons... you just have to be able to see them. Unfortunately this is what happens most days when I let people know I'm transsexual and then they are like oh, I was told trannies give good head wanna give me some? So, walking through a train station and getting attention like that isn't always the best, but it sure can put you on cloud nine pinker than pink!
    Last edited by Sandra; 02-07-2015 at 05:38 AM. Reason: TMI I suggest you read the rules about what is allowed on this forum

My father was a police/firefighter for a long time. One things I learned from his was, always be aware of your suroundings. I was ready to defend myself if needed. I saw a way out, and took it. I stand for what I am. A woman.

Diane, people can be so crude sometimes. I feel for my daughters each time they go out, but thank you for being
    a wonderful lady, and owning the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Lynn View Post

My question is, is this how every woman is treated in a bus station? Did I get special attention because I am a transexual.
    I'm a little confused, did you tell everyone that you are a transsexual or just the "little man" that asked you? If you only told him then how did the others around you know that you are TS and not a cder?
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Sandy-I guess I refer to them as dirty men. I think maybe they hang out there looking for some strange. I ws dressed better than the other woman at the station. I was dressed for a friday afternoon expo down town about 3 blocks from the capital. It was just a black skirt, cream top with a matching jack. Heels were only about 1/2, perfect for lots of walking . I would call it business dressy. I was thinking a office worker that took the affternoon off to attend.
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 02-07-2015 at 01:33 PM. Reason: No need for racial slurs

Hi Di can I call you that seeing as you called me Sandy, which btw isn't my name and I don't like being called Sandy

Your outfit sounds nice but you still haven't really answered the questions, how did they know you re TS. Surely they didn't think it just by the way you were dressed.
    Sandra
    Administrator

I always used to rib you about your legs can't anymore. R.I.P Sexy Legs

R.I.P Rianna

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    No wonder some of us find bus stations icky?!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Sorry about the name. Honest mistake.

I only told the first guy. I think the others were looking for a piecre of meat. Upon my return, he my have told others. THe first trip yas at 11:00am, and did not return untill 7:30pm.

Silver Member
    How many other women do you think were dressed like you? You probably really stood out, and not in a good way if you don't want that kind of attention.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    I don't understand the rush to blame the victim! Yes, Diane may have stood out because she was the only woman dressed appropriately for the event that she attended. From there to saying she was somehow at fault for the harassment is a very long leap.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Agree with Rianna here. This is in no way your fault Diane.
    My parents should have known something wasn't quite right when I kept putting Kens' head on Barbies' body Rachel Smith May 2017

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIZE="3"]Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want. Dan Stanford[/SIZE][/SIZE]

I used to feel like one in a million now with this forum I feel like one OF a million

“We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ― Joseph Campbell

Thank you for the comments. I did discuss the his with my wife, and she asked if I felt threatened. I said no, and I was aware, and I knew security was close by. Enjoyed the Expo, and went shopping in the mall after.

When I attended a Women's Expo most of the people attending were dressed very casually, with jeans and casual dresses being very common. I don't wear heels to an event that will involve walking, taking my cue from GGs.

I wouldn't have even started with the hair thing. Of course the hairdressers wanted to work with beautiful twentysomethings (or wealthy-looking fortysomethings!). In a popularity contest I don't rank.

As far as your treatment at the bus stop, well, that is why I don't care for public transportation. I'll use it if I have to (I took the subway to our women's expo) but in general I don't like to have to be subjected to the whims of people who live on the edge of civility and the law.

One funny thing at our Women's expo was that, due to the predominance of women present, they re-signed half of the mens' rooms as ladies' rooms. I was washing up and a group of women walked in, saw the "porcelain fixture exhibit" and had a quick discussion about whether they had walked into the wrong room. They quickly figured out what was going on and went on with their business.
    Last edited by Eryn; 02-08-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Resist
    Quote Originally Posted by Diane Lynn View Post
    It depends on the location of course, but women often have to put up with men making sexist comments and advances, and there's always some fear that you may be attacked. Welcome to patriarchy.

If someone looks and moves like a man in a dress then they could easily attract a special variation of that behavior from men, possibly worse because of social attitudes toward anyone not conforming to the gender binary. Why do you think that man ask you if you are transsexual? Do you look female and move in a feminine manner?

Regarding your hair and the stylist at the expo. If you wear a wig, maybe he didn't want to style it.

That day, I wore a new wig that I just got, and need it styled. I am not used to that wig, and was self conscious about it. I ran into a few friends, and they said they liked it. I always wear dresses or skirts, my legs are look feminine, and I usually pass really well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Diane Lynn; 02-10-2015 at 12:03 AM. Reason: added photo's