Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My wife's message to other wives of CD'ers on another forum ...

Banned Read only
    That was beautifully written, and very moving.

My wife, and most of my friends, preferred the male image I constructed. I can't blame them I guess - it was a really good image.

Wow, thank you everyone for responding, we're both overwhelmed at the resonance. I personally read and re-read her words with tears in my eyes, I am indeed blessed, we all are.

Unfortunately I cannot share the responses to her post - deafening silence so far, but also cos that would require permission from the responders. It's a private forum for CD wives to bitch, which just shocked her. I'd not be surprised if her post got deleted.

Thanks Nikki, your point on sexism is valid, and she agrees, her position is that she's making a point to shame the shamers as it were.

I'll ask her if she's okay with her words being bookmarked - guess you'd have to ask moderators also.

Wow, and the award for the best post goes to............your lovely wife. She's perfectly encaptulated the ironies of when it comes to gender, there's a different set of rules for men when compared to women.

I haven't told my wife about my dressing, but if I do, I'll ask her to read your wife's comments.

Great post!

Pamela - that is a really nicely written piece... full of reason, affection and consideration... you are indeed fortunate...

Sadly, I suspect for a lot of GGs (and people in general) their understanding of what we do, and how they assess it, is based on values and beliefs - and they are the hardest concepts to try to modify - but I totally applaud your wife for giving it a valiant try.

I can only guess which forum (crossdresserswives.com springs to mind, as at least being of similar tone...) but I suspect her words will be revisited and live much longer here rather than elsewhere...

Thank you for sharing it, and thank her for being so open and sensitive towards us...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    Pamela,
    Reading those words from your wife does go to show that our partners can still care for you despite dealing with your CDing !

The last line really does ring true, after all these years I don't know what my wife does want from me ! She tells me she wants the man she married but I just don't believe her any more and the CDing is just being used as an excuse !

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot share the responses to her post - deafening silence so far, but also cos that would require permission from the responders. It's a private forum for CD wives to bitch, which just shocked her. I'd not be surprised if her post got deleted.
    I sincerely hope it's not deleted as that would be a firm sign of the inequality that exists between men and women in these matters. And that would be a sad thing.
    But it may just be that the forum in question is only filled by women who are only interested in bitching about there CD husbands for the sympathy vote. It's probably the only thing they have to find fault in with their male SO's but they would probably never post what a great father and provider he is cause no one's heart goes out to a woman who sings her husbands praises.

At least you and we all know your wife is not one of those.

Pamela that was great, big hug to your wife. If only more felt that way.

Pamela awesome letter by ur wife if only more thought like her ! life has a C/Der would be better for us thank her for me HUGS DONNA 1391

What a wonderfully switched on lady... Fantastically written x

Gone to live my life
    Hi Pamela,

Thanks for sharing and thanks to your lovely wife for her support to the community writ large in those posted words. Sadly though, I doubt it will change much in the minds of those who water on that site but the sentiment is not lost.

Hugs

Isha

Pamela love,

Your wife is wonderful. My wife feels the same way, but has never put in into words. But, when I showed your wife's posting to her, she said that she agreed completely with what she said. Here's thee dozen red rose for your wife.
    Hugs,

Teddie

You Have a great wife, the moist open minded lady I have ever heard. I think that every crossdressers wife should read her posting. Thank you and give her a big hug from all of us.

That's amazing; something all of us have been trying to express, and she nailed it!
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-08-2015 at 09:57 AM. Reason: sending pm
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Aspiring Member
    Pamela,

Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! to your wife for expressing a very sincere, direct, and beautiful counter opinion to the naysayers. I believe that her opinion should not only be posted on that forum (and this one), but to the world.

Your wife is very special - a gem.

Hugs,
    Michele

Pamela, thank you for sharing this, very positive and powerful words.

Pamela

All I can say is bravo, words written straight from the heart

Rebekah

Great post, one of the best, I don't show many to my wife but I had to show her this one.

Aspiring Member Dana does shopping's Avatar
    What an enlightened and progressive post. Love this woman to the death because it is truly evident she 'gets it'.

Very well said!!!! And we can only imagine how many minds, and lives will be changed from her words!!! on both forums!
    Hugs to both of you!!!!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

wonderfully said

Thanks for sharing the post - you have a lovely wife

Pamela,

Thank you for sharing your wife's post. It is encouraging to know that she is a logical and a non-judgmental person. She put cross dressing into, what I think, is the appropriate perspective. I would love to see the responses that she receives, or at least an idea as to if they are positive or negative. Hug that woman!

Some good points were made, but the tired old double standard argument wasn't one of them. To me, the "how can you" questions at the end were too much. A wife's inability to accept a husband's crossdressing is labeled cruel. Unfair to loving wives who try to understand and accept their husbands' drive to crossdress but whose image of his masculinity has been shocked. One woman who spends all her time making him feel ashamed or persecuting him is not representative. And we certainly should not blame a woman solely for her view of what a man and his "constructed image" should be.
    We shouldn't think that our drive to crossdress isn't our choice but a woman's difficulty in accepting it is by her choice intentionally cruel.
    Last edited by NicoleScott; 02-08-2015 at 12:03 PM.

Thanks Nicole! I was having trouble articulating what was bugging me about the OP but I think you nailed it. The long stream of self congratulatory posts that followed were making me queasy. I was even hoping that some GGs like Kittypw GG or Dutchess would join in and bring this back to Earth.

Just an excellent post...extremely well said. Thanks for sharing!