Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My wife's message to other wives of CD'ers on another forum ...

My wife's message to other wives of CD'ers on another forum ...

Below is her text, reproduced here, with her permission, cos I think it shows how we might expect to be supported:

"
    My husband has been wearing ladies underwear in bed and occasionally under his clothes since before I met him 12 years ago. Recently, he has realised that he is actually much happier if he is wearing ladies clothes on the outside too.

As the wife of a cross dresser, I have been looking round the internet, and came across this site. I have a few comments and a few questions for the ladies who post here.

Seventy years ago, it was absolutely not done for ladies to wear men’s clothes - it was considered far too masculine and quite frankly, scandalous. Today, how many of you wear trousers on a regular or even daily basis? Nobody even bats an eyelid, and men’s clothes are a staple of virtually every western lady’s wardrobe.

Also, how many of you indulge in pastimes which used to be considered a male preserve? DIY? Painting the house? Digging the garden? Looking after the car? Or do you limit yourself to traditionally ‘female’ pursuits such as cooking and dressmaking (where the vast majority of the famous names at the top of these areas are actually male)?

It seems that it is perfectly acceptable for women to encroach into the male world, but if men dare to have a feminine side then they have to hide it from everyone around them. We want our men to be caring, sensitive, considerate, thoughtful - all feminine traits - but not to express any other aspect of balance between feminine and masculine. Women, on the other hand, can behave either masculine or feminine, and nobody complains at all.

Our husbands have entrusted us with the deepest, most precious secret of their soul - because they love us and trust us. Some of them have felt nervous about sharing this secret because they fear the reaction from the people that they tell, and to be honest, having seen the way that you write about your husbands on here, they were right to be afraid.

I totally understand that knowing about cross dressing means a shift in the way you see your husband. He is no longer the macho man that you thought you married, he has another side to him that does not fit the image any more.

Lots of things can change our image of the person that we have chosen to spend our life with. What if he was involved in an accident, and had scarring all over his face? What if he lost an arm? What if he developed diabetes and became impotent? Would these mean that you would stop loving him, that you would ridicule him, belittle him, embarrass him at every opportunity?

I am sure not. He is still the same person. You would support him, and continue to be the loving wife that you were before that thing happened. Of course there would be some adjustments to make for both of you, but these would not be grounds for cruel and vicious behaviour towards him.

Cross dressing is not a disease, like cancer. It is not a medical condition, like kidney failure. It is not a psychiatric condition, like anorexia. It is not an addiction, like gambling. It is not something that can be ‘cured’ with treatment. It is an expression of a side of the personality that society has suppressed for perhaps the whole life so far. It is more like being told that you can never tell anyone that you like the colour blue, or the feel of velvet, or the scent of a flower.

Some of our husbands have hidden this from us for years in fear of how we would react if we were told. Some of them have been open from the start. Whichever, they have now plucked up the courage to tell us and share it with the one person who should be there for them and support them.

Lots of them could have handled it better, through embarrassment, awkwardness, fear or simply not appreciating that they are sharing with us something that has been going on for years for them, and that it might take us a considerable time to adjust and catch up.

How can you say that you loved your husband and not support him in his hour of need? How can you be so cruel to him? How can you spend all your time making him feel ‘suitably ashamed’ (as one person recently posted)? You play the victim, but you spend your time persecuting him relentlessly for daring to challenge your view of what a man should be.

Did you love the man, or just your constructed image of him?
    "

any comments? xxx Pamela
    Last edited by pamela7; 02-08-2015 at 03:22 AM. Reason: permission notice

A quite stunning answer/explanation. Pamela, you have a remarkable Wife.

Thanks for sharing

Pamela,
    I like your wife's understanding and the arguments she puts forward. I hope it will help some other wives and partners temper their somewhat severe views also.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Oh my! Ain't you the lucky one!!! I'd say that I hope you count your blessings every day, but I suspect that you do:-)

Please give her my personal thanks, and treat her as one to be treasured!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

Pamela,
    Thank you for posting this...It really helps so insightful.

Victoria
    When I am still and quiet, people who do not know me think, Oh how cute she's shy.
    People who do know me think, OMG RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Girls will be boys and boys will be girls It's a mixed up muddled up shook up world except for Lola

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    ...Cross dressing is not a disease, like cancer. It is not a medical condition, like kidney failure. It is not a psychiatric condition, like anorexia. It is not an addiction, like gambling. It is not something that can be ‘cured’ with treatment. It is an expression of a side of the personality that society has suppressed for perhaps the whole life so far. It is more like being told that you can never tell anyone that you like the colour blue, or the feel of velvet, or the scent of a flower.
    I like this. Really well stated.

Thank you for sharing that. It definitely inspires hope for those of us whose wives are having a harder time adjusting to their husband's other side.

Pamela, your wife has put into words what alot of us have felt for years.

Thank You

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Perfectly beautifully stated!

As a few tears roll down my face . . . thanks so much for sharing. Very well stated. Nikki

All I can say is wow. You are lucky to have such an open minded wife.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    WOW indeed.
    She hasnt just rocked the boat with this on, she has turned the boat over & started banging the pasengers over the head with the oars.

Your wife is one special lady & completely individual by the sounds of it.

Luckiest husband alive you are.
    YAY I just worked out how to make a signature.
    Now if I only knew what to write

Awesome post. Give that lady a hugs from all of us.

That was such a great speech, loved every word of it. She's a keeper.

Whew Pamela! That was a good read.

Please thank your lovely wife and let her know she is appreciated. And btw, there is an election coming up next year!! Is she considering running perhaps?? <lol>

- Suzie

Thanks Pamela,

Your wife has just stated in First Person terms what I've been trying to say to my wife. Just beautiful. My wife supports my CDing but is unsure where we stand at times.

Thank your wife from my wife and myself.

-E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Wow! Thank you for your wonderful and insightful posting. Fortunately, my wife was as supportive as you seem to be!

Simply beautiful. Give your wife a hug for me and tell her thank you. She deserves it. Peace.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Pamela
    I have a supporting wife as you do. Your wife stated it perfectly. I think what your wife has written should be read by the wife of every member on this forum. It is perfectly stated. Thank you for sharing this.

Your wife's response and understanding are beyond amazing. She really is a very strong, smart, and supportive woman and you should be counting your blessings everyday. My SO mirrors her, with support and acceptance, but could never put it into words such as your wife did (her words, not mine, because I had to have her read this). Thank her from the both of us
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Your wife is wonderful!! Treasure her!!!!! Please tell her how much we all appreciate her outlook on our CDing!!!!!
    Please call me Lisa!

I like the way she has put it. As I was reading I was reminded of two things: First, Kate Hepbrun scandalized all of Hollywood when she insisted on wearing "mannish" clothing; and, my great-great Aunt (born in 1835) who became a world-renowned photomicroscopist, was awarded an Honorary medal at the 1895 St Louis Exposition, and was the first female invited to join the Royal London Society of Microscopists. (She was also a member of the DAR, but we won't hold that against her). She scandalized the Town of Longmeadow, MA< when she hitchd her skirts p to her knees, and waded into the town pond to collect specimins for her work. (That would have been in about 1870.)

Admittedly, I am going in the opposite direction, but I suppose I "come by it honestly", as they say. :-)

Here is a photo of her taken by my grandfather, while she was at her workbench in 1915MA Booth 1915 - cropped.jpg
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 02-08-2015 at 12:30 AM. Reason: correcting typos
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Excellent! Very well put by your wife. This should be bookmarked or something so people can find it easily to show their spouse/SO.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Any chance you could post some of the responses she is getting,

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pamela7 View Post
    ...It seems that it is perfectly acceptable for women to encroach into the male world.... Women...can behave either masculine or feminine, and nobody complains at all.
    Firstly bravo to your wife, I hope she shook them up a bit.

To me the only aspect of her words which I think could be debatable, and perhaps I'll be lucky enough to meet her some time, are in the above quotes. Certainly women are able to wear trousers both short and long without shocking the gentlemen, but only in certain contexts. Admittedly they are broad contexts, but still when it comes to a formal dance, a wedding, or indeed a hooker flaunting her wares, trousers still don't cut it. Females at Hollywood red carpet events are not famed or photographed for their trousers, and how many dress designers put more than a handful of female models in trousers on the catwalk each season?

Humans are insecure creatures. That isn't a male or a female thing, it's both. Men tolerate trousers on their gals, but when it comes to sexy-time, they're going to prefer pretty lingerie, or a pretty dress- clothing which over-emphasises femininity and curves. They like to see some make up, and they don't as a rule like to see their gals beating men at pissing contests.

Sexism, if we're going to call it that, is alive and flourishing. I think crossdressers as a group may be more tolerant of trad-male characteristics in their wives, like DIY and car maintenance, but macho men are not. Equally trad-women hate effeminacy in their men, which brings us back to Pamela's wife's point.

In every other respect I agree completely with her views.

xNikki
    I used to have a short attention spa