Thread: Dressed and redressed

Dressed and redressed

When I came to the Forum in 2006 I was working on getting my issues connected with CDing resolved. In the intervening years I have done just that and most if not all of those former issues are now non-issues. I had stuck around here because of friends I made and to help others with similar issues if at all possible.Having been here for almost 9 years now you have to figure I have pretty much seen the same issues hashed and re-hashed over and over several times and some folks never seem to get it. Personally I have been involved with other projects these days so my time spent on the Forum is limited. The other thing is that some folks really don't want to listen to the voice of experience, especially the younger set. In any case, I feel it's time to let the next generation of CDer's take the helm on their voyage of self discovery.I'm no longer trying to find out who I am as I create who I am plain and simple.It's really all about people being themselves and having respect for others. If we have that mindset we can never go wrong my friends. Take care.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    It's really all about people being themselves and having respect for others. If we have that mindset we can never go wrong my friends. Take care.
    Well Said. Peace!

Kate,

Thank you and best wishes in your next endevour . I have taken your wisdom into account more than once here, and I am both eternally grateful and will miss having you here!

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Well Kate, it looks like you're on your way out the door of this place. I'm feeling pretty much the same way. I'm quite content with who I am and with this ancient art form of crossdressing. I learned a few things here, met the girl who helped get me out the door of my house here, tried to impart a little of what I had learned here, and tried to encourage others here to move forward in a positive and proactive way to secure their own freedom to live their lives as they would like. So many of the friends I made here are now long gone. The biggest thing I learned here was the glory of having good friends of a similar ilk to hang out with. God, I love my CD girlfriends. The very best to you Kate Simmons.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    ...some folks really don't want to listen to the voice of experience, especially the younger set.
    How many years has it taken you to arrive at the place of peace you are in now Kate? Not listening is the prerogative of youth. Did you listen to the voice of experience when you were young? If you had listened (and heeded), it's unlikely you'd be a crossdresser, and it's debatable that you would have come to any place of peace at all. In fact, not listening is probably the best thing you ever did!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Kate,
    I'm so glad you can say all your issues are are resolved, I wish I could say the same but I for one will miss your input, you show us all that it can work and don't think the younger ones aren't listening !
    My son doesn't listen to me then a week later the penny drops and dad isn't so stupid after all !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Kate,

Sorry to see you go (if that is what you are doing) but then again perhaps your curiosity will get the best of you and you will return just to see how things are going. I wish you well in your endeavor and I will add that your "acceptance of being who you need to be" is one of the things that got me to where I am today . . . thanks.

Hugs

Isha

Dear Kate,

First, many thanks for all of your posts and insights. I for one have really appreciated them. Maybe it's a generational thing? We older gals probably have a different perspective (certainly a longer one! ) than our younger sisters, and perhaps that explains differing reactions to posts in part? Whatever, like you it's taken years for me to reach the comfort zone I now have, and like you I've this Forum to be a wonderful source of support and friends. And I find myself spending less time here than I used to, what with other things in my life. Hmmm ... 17,800+ posts and counting??? I'll bet you're not done yet....

Take care and all the best,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I mostly just wanted to explain (if necessary) why my responses and postings have not been as much as formerly. I sometimes get a bit frustrated when others ask for help then go ahead and just do what they want to anyway. Sometimes just one word will get someone to think a different way and consider alternatives. When all is said and done, however, we are all responsible for our own actions and have to live with the results of those actions. There is no "magic bullet" to make others accept us and who we are. The best way I've found to cope is to be comfortable and confident in ourselves, regardless of who those "selves" are.I've pretty much expressed that anyone is always free to contact me about anything. While I don't consider myself any kind of expert I'm always here for my friends and will never judge anyone. That is what is important to me.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Dear Kate - you are an inspiration... and I suspect more people take on board your simple and straightforward philosophy than you might imagine - purely because more folk read than interact and your position on this barmy thing we do is easy to understand.

People are so diverse and unpredictable - I completely agree with you about individuality and responsibility... I'm not keen on the snake oil salesmen here who peddle their panacea for any aspect of what we do - I think we get much more out of celebrating our diversity and individuality... and yes, definitely some dancing too!

I'll always be looking forward to your future posts... and your delightfully variable avatars... Let the youngsters have their heads - you know wisdom is an asset bought with the investment of experience...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

I'm happy that you've reached a point in your life where you can do things as you wish. I'll miss your wonderful input, it has helped me to come to my own realizations. Do pop in now and then to let us know how things are going!
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Yeah, Kate,

I've always read every one of your posts slowly to make sure I understood the experience and education you were offering.

Thank you so much for the years of enlightenment.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Let me say that I do appreciate the voice of experience

As a newbie here, I hope to see more of your posts.

Kate -- I'll miss you being around. But I do hope to see you around the corner whenever.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread