Thread: Finally flying as Stacey

Just finding my way.... StaceyJane's Avatar

Finally flying as Stacey

Over the last couple of years I have had many adventures going out as Stacey. I've ridden the train, been to a Dallas Cowboys practice, sat in on a session of the Texas State Legislature but I had never had the chance to fly as Stacey. Well last Sunday I needed to go from Austin, Texas to New Orleans for an acting job on the New ABC series The Astronaut Wives Club. I had driven to New Orleans a week earlier with a friend to go to a fitting for the show but we had a bad time and got into a argument which we still aren't over. Anyway since I couldn't go back with her and I didn't want to drive alone I decided to fly to New Orleans.
    At first I wasn't going to go as Stacey but just before it was time for me to leave for the airport a friend suggested in a text that I fly as Stacey. I thought about it for a second then decided "why not". I quickly got out a nice dress and got dressed as Stacey.
    Now, I've been in crowded places as Stacey before so the airport wasn't scary. I got my boarding pass and heading over to the TSA line. When it was my turn I handed the agent my boarding pass and my drivers license. he looked at the license and looked at me a couple of times. then I took of my glasses and said "yes, it's me" he smiled and let me pass through. Then I had to go through the scan and get a pat down (the buttons on my dress confused the machine). After that I felt relieved and after a quick bathroom break in the family bathroom I went to my gate just in time to start boarding. Before boarding I did ask a nice person to take my picture.
    The first leg of the fight was from Austin to Dallas. It was an uneventful flight. I had a window seat and was lucky no one was in the seat next to me. By now I was feeling quite happy with myself and when we landed in Dallas I got another passenger to take my picture on the plane.
    The next stop was New Orleans. Before leaving Dallas I asked someone to take a picture of me at DFW Airport. For the next leg I had to pick up a boarding pass at the gate. Again a couple of looks when I showed my drivers license but no problem. The flight to New Orleans was again uneventful. I had a window seat again but since I was on the very last row all I could see out the window was the engine.
    At New Orleans I once more got a picture of me in the airport. Then off to get my rental car. Once more a couple of looks when I showed my ID but still no problem. I then drove to my hotel, checked in and finally got to take my wig off while feeling very good about the day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stacey

I'm not a doctor, I just play one on TV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wob7zmvVTb8

Nice pictures

Love that color dress. Hope the flight is a great one.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Stacey,

Sounds like a great voyage and fun Stacey time.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Stacey,

Welcome to our Mile High Club! What a comfy dress to travel in .. love the color. BTW .. did you get the job??

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Platinum Member
    Good for you! Hope the acting opportunities keep coming too!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Well done! I wish I had the confidence to do that. I can go out and about but taking a flight would be nerve wrecking.

I have enough trouble with a bagful of electronics let alone flying pretty.

My bag gets scanned and tested for most things at most check in gates.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.