Thread: Intersex people

Intersex people

I wonder how many intersex people are here.

I know Capt. Lex, Joanna Maguire and MandyTS.

Also, there is a man in Texas (Buddy) who, like Joanna, fathered a child and I am going to ask him if he would like to join the group.

He says her uterus was removed at 4 and had F2M hrt.
    He also says he doesn't know anyone like himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilded Graper
    I wonder how many intersex people are here.

I know Capt. Lex, Joanna Maguire and MandyTS.

I may be wrong here but is intersexed people not people that were born with both sexs, Not people that have changed their bodies so as to have parts of both sexs.
    I hope to be :be: at ya soon.

Your statement is not clear. Intersex is definied as a condition that makes your body "ambigious", i.e. uncharacterisable or undecidable... basically the doctors have to guess whether you are male or female. Most intersex persons lean physically one way, that does not mean we know the brain function though. For example boys with "micropenis" or girls with a "enlarged cliterous", actually both looking simular to an extent, are sometimes assigned based on what the organ looks most like... in my case, with a viginal opening and a micropenis I was assigned male, although inside I am as much female as male, physically and genetically.

A person does not necessarily need both sets of sex organs for example or both sets of internal organs, etc to be considered intersex. In the most simplist forms, if you believe you are intersex you might just be.

Mandy
    [SIZE="4"]My life in a Quote[/SIZE]
    "I don't like sand. It's coarse, rough, irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Everything’s soft and smooth."
    [SIZE="1"]—Anakin to Padmé - Star Wars - Episode 2 - Attack of the Clones[/SIZE]

Occupying my own end of the gender spectra...

Before my father passed on we were talking about my early life. When I was born the doctor thought I would be a female and was surprised when I was a male. I was wondering what would cause a doctor to think this? Was there a test that was done for telling sex of unborn in the 1950s? I believe my father as I hadn't told him of my tendencies, and was wondering if any of the members have heard of this. Huggles, Larrie

Quote Originally Posted by Larrie
    Was there a test that was done for telling sex of unborn in the 1950s?
    I don't think there was amniocentesis or even sonograms back then, so I don't believe there were any tests to determine this yet (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me). But people have used other unscientific methods to try and determine whether an unborn child is boy or girl (e.g., size and shape of belly, etc.), and maybe doctors do the same.

My mother was 100% sure I would be a boy because when she was pregnant with me, her pregnancy was completely different from her pregnancy with my older sister. She and my father were so convinced, they didn't have a female name picked out when I was born. Well, ironically, it turned out they were right, but since I was born in a female body I really fooled everybody.
    But why is the rum gone?! - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl[/SIZE]

Why is the rum always gone? - Capt. Jack Sparrow [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest[/SIZE]

Why is all but the rum gone? No, the rum's gone too . . .
    - [SIZE="1"]Pirates of the Caribbean: At World End[/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]Lex on the Beach[/SIZE]. . . [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I was born in 1949 the delivering doctor told my parents they had a duaghter. Female was put on my birth certificate and in the announcement in the newspaper in Houston. Later at the age of one month the Peditrician told my parents that I was born intersexed and he would make me "male". At that time parents were not given a choice. They were told what would happen. I never adjusted to being male and always had the emotions of a female although in my adult life I followed what my parents and society wanted for me and played the male role well as a husband and later as a father. I wanted to be the wife and mother. Before my mothers death in 2003 she asked for my forgiveness for going along with the doctor when she really wanted a daughter. Who knows perhaps if I would have remained female I would want to be male - I doubt it.

Melanie
    I love being "gender gifted"! www.pmpub.com

Teaser:
    The genes that determine sex, interact with each other in complex ways (pathways) thus M or F trapped in wrong body must happens by the millions.

And there must be millions of men with GG body who delivered babies, just as there are women with GMale body who impregnates their wives.

- Intro:
    This post is about environmental (env) causes of sex, gender or intersex.
    By env, I mean hormonal exposure, imprinting (GG of the 1950' is so different from today's), family, etc.

This post introduces thoughts (not all mine) on genetic (DNA) basis for IS, CD & TG.
    I am excluding CAH, AIS and XXY and just focusing on simple XX and XY.

I hope we or most of us will contribute w/ your thought and a coherent picture
    of TG, TS and IS.

Please look for "What's A Real Man or Woman ?" thread in the TG forum.
    Last edited by Gilded Graper; 02-15-2006 at 07:44 PM.