Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It could be the little things that out you.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake

It could be the little things that out you.

I jammed my little toe into a piece of furniture the other day and now it has an ugly bruise that's just the sort of thing that would garner a little discussion, sympathy and kidding on facebook. So I took a nice close photo and was all ready to post it on my guy side facebook page when I took another close look at the image. Yeah, it was pretty easy to see the remainders of nice red nail polish on that toenail and it would have become the real focus of the discussion if I'd posted it. Similar things might include eyeliner not fully removed or a sunburn that shows bra straps. Have any of you done something similar or almost done something like that? Close calls are worth sharing for those attempting to stay on the quiet side of the CD discussion.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Hmmmmm... Admission time.... bought a lovely multi-coloured, freshwater pearl bracelet on eBay - came from China so took a while. Excited by my purchase I just had to wear it a while - got sooo comfy with it, just walked into where my wife was and totally forgot it was on my wrist... "Whassat!" she said, jabbing an accusing finger at the offending article (bear in mind this was after I had begun painting my nails with her at weekends...) ooooh... some very rapid thinking on feet followed... "I don't where it came from - it was left in one of the storage boxes I was sorting through..." (We both do voluntary work for a charity which does involve some costume jewellery as merchandise)... Lame - I know - but at least plausible and deniable... and soon forgotten... Probably a career in marketing has meant that 'reasons' for product claims, project fails, non-deliveries, etc. have always been delivered with utter conviction and plausibility... (Does no one ever read my signature line...?)

And I do hope your little toe's not too sore Sarah... I know they can smart... but please don't be tempted to post the pic here either...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Shaving legs and chest have led to interesting conversations.

a visit to the doctor with a plucked mound ...?

Yesterday I was on the filming of a music video of my babd. I was taking some pictures of the process and I was about to show them to my band mates when I suddenly remembered that I had some GGabby's pics stored on my cell-phone too! What would have happened if they saw those accidentally??? I had to send them the pics through whatsapp for the better!

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar

Home Delivered Humiliation

I got Chinese food home delivered the other night and do quite regularly. I was sitting around the house alone completely consumed by the movie I was watching when the delivery guy came.
    Without thinking I headed to the door and was about to open it when I realised what I was wearing. I shot past the front door yelling that I was just getting my wallet. Into my room and threw off the fem clothes and threw on jeans and a t-shirt. Lucky I hadn't been wearing makeup.
    I really shouldn't have bothered cause the delivery guy never looks up he is always looking down at his bum bag to change $50 and just holding the delivery out in front of him. It's always the same guy so it could have been weird had I not realised how I was dressed.
    Last edited by AccidentalDresser; 02-09-2015 at 07:25 AM. Reason: Spelling error

I've almost outed myself a few times like this but even more fun is what I call "Easter Eggs." I'll deliberatley post a pic on FB with a little something in there. Then, I'll text or PM my FB friends who I am out with and tell them,"There's an Easter Egg in my latest post." They hunt for it and then post a little encoded message telling me that they found it. It is great for them because they also try to figure out how many of my FB friends know.

Laughing to myself right now... Planning a new Easter Egg.

-E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison Chaynes View Post
    Shaving legs and chest have led to interesting conversations.
    With seemingly every male actor in the media being hairless as a newborn, I'm surprised anyone even blinks anymore.

I think near misses go with the territory.
    I wear a lipstick that is not easily discernible but on a closer look I could be sprung.
    I have forgotten to remove it on occasions.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    There is a cure for that! Just come out and be free to post whatever, whenever you like.

Banned Read only
    Sarah,
    Learning the classic lesson that waterproof mascara doesn't always come off, the visit to the builders merchants next morning was slightly unnerving, the guy behind the counter wouldn't stop looking into my eyes !!
    Body shaving is getting the comment that my CDing must be getting worse !
    Making a panic quick change and realising I'd forgotten to put socks on top of my stockings, my son picked up on that one but said nothing !
    Then I had the the outed incidents when walking the dog !

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    So why don't I read my own posts? Yikes!!!

I just got back from physical therapy and realized that I went for the session wearing my Sarah glasses, a modified cat eye frame that is anything but something a guy would wear. Oh well, it was the last one and I'm not going back anytime soon, but everyone seemed to be looking me in the eye for a change.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    Now that is funny!

I once went through a drive through and realized after I had paid for my coffee that I still had lipstick on. Not a real noticeable color but still...

A few years back on vacation south I slept in a bra and a full slip, I started tanning and decide to go to the bar. I looked over to my wife and all I can see is her waving me down nervously, I went over and she told me to put on my shirt, but I didn't want to it was hot, she grabbed me and pulled me into her and whispered loudly in my ear. PUT ON YOUR SHIRT YOU CAN SEE THE BRA MARKS ON YOUR BACK. OH! No more backing a bra on holidays any more.

I had a couple of times when I put on full makeup while my wife was at work. When she came home she asked if I was wearing eyeliner. Uhhh , nope! It was before I started using makeup remover towelettes and I must not have removed all traces of my mascara and eyeliner. It looked like it was gone when I looked in the mirror. I also used to use very black mascara and I now use a lighter brown black.

Yup, mascara and other makeup remnants are guilt makers. Little things left around, like the fingernail that popped off or wasn't recovered from the secret temporary stash till someone else found it. Shaving a bit too much is something the SO will see, a problem for too many. But when I'm out and doing my best to look femme, it's the Adam's apple, the hands, the voice, and just that goofy guy face that won't go away no matter how much camoflauge I apply. We can try to hide and distract from these things, but little as they are, there they are looming large. My only advice is to concentrate on the things you can do something about, rely on the assets that are there, learn to present femme as a total package of posture, confidence and sincere effort. And practice. Bigger stuff to hide the little stuff. But yes, we also have to keep track of all those little, crumbs we leave along the trail -- even if that means remembering not to wear girly's glasses. What a way to encourage eye contact -- that was funny!

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    There is a cure for that! Just come out and be free to post whatever, whenever you like.
    YES!! Be "unique"..What can they say? Unique doesn't make a person "bad"..

I didn't realize but if you don't do a very thorough job of removing your lipstick and you use an electronic toothbrush it will leave telltale signs on the toothbrush. A few years ago I noticed what appeared to be lipstick on my tooth brush and asked my wife if she had maybe used my toothbrush by mistake. Her response-"uhhhhh.......nooooo". We had a good laugh over it but I still felt like an idiot.

Having dressed for a few hours I returned to drab. About 20 minutes later and by good fortune I went in the bathroom, glanced in the mirror and saw my pearls still around my neck! Totally forgotten I'd put them on.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Forgetting my scrunchies! I sleep with big poofy velvet scrunchies. They keep my hair in my place, preventing hair breakage that traditional elastics do.

I left my apartment a few times, walking to work, to realize halfway I still had one. Sometimes they have bold colors, so it definitely is visible to anyone passing by. Since they are not visible when looking at the mirror, it is way too easy to forget about them.

If I needed to go out and be around other people shortly after a dressup session, I worried about the lines my wig left at the top of my forehead. So I put on a baseball cap and went. If I had to take off my hat and the lines were noticed, I just said I need to adjust that hat - it's too tight. No problem.

I liked the one about the delivery boy coming to the door. I have been surprised, and almost surprised them also, by forgetting how I was dressed. I have hurriedly tossed my falsies into a corner after telling them, "just a minute." after opening the door fully to them and then realizing what I had done and hoping that they didn't notice the difference. But afterward, I always had a smile, wondering if I had given them something to think about, or hopefully, to smile about. Of course there was the time I ran smack dab into the utility repairman out in the backyard, almost fully dressed. I excused myself (I wasn't wearing makeup or a wig), and he apologized at his startled reaction with "I just didn't expect it." LOL I always wonder if they have ever returned, expecting to see more...?

In the past, I've noted friends looking at my smooth legs, but nothing was ever mentioned. A gg friend of ours commented to my wife about my eyebrows and she admitted to plucking them, adding that I prefer two over one. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by MariaOfCalifornia View Post
    With seemingly every male actor in the media being hairless as a newborn, I'm surprised anyone even blinks anymore.
    I totally agree. I love to watch 1940's black & white film noir, and it seems jarring to me when I see Cary Grant, or Bill Holden, or some movie star of that era take off his shirt and expose a hairy chest and belly, to say nothing of a totallack of pectorals,biceps or six-pack abs. I work out at a local techno gym, and irrespective of muscular development, it seems like about half of the guys under thirty-five or forty are totally waxed or shaved, but the older guys with a few exceptions (including me) are still pretty much au naturale.