Thread: Is it just me

Is it just me

Or has anyone ever seen some place for sale and thought, "if I had enough money to buy that I would just so I could dress up and not worry about being caught?" The first time I thought that was when I saw an old hotel for sale and thought it would be a good place for me and other lovely ladies to dress in safety and free from anyone judging us.

Oh yes, many times.
    Old English castle for me please. Garden to walk in, the halls, big fireplaces, huge Victorian dresses (but slightly more modern heels please )

And more modern heating and plumbing too, please. I grew up in a 2-1/2 story log house built ca. 1810, that had no heating or plumbing until we installed it in about 1960. So I learned to appreciate those little luxuries. Otherwise though, that castle is my kind of place. :-)
    Last edited by DAVIDA; 02-08-2015 at 06:26 AM. Reason: There is no need to quote the post right before your post.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

Cool! I figure we need about 7 more and we are all set to buy a place! Or maybe at least rent it for a weekend

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I used to have those thoughts, then about 6 months ago I moved from the town I'd lived in for 37 years 30 minutes south to a more rural area into a mother-in-law house which I rent from my best friend who also has a killer wardrobe. Funny thing is, now I have exactly what I was looking for. Oh I miss my old community a little and go visiting now and then, but this is just so much fun not worrying who will see me dressed and what they'll think and who they'll tell! Wow, all that hiding, fear, and shame simply gone. If my new neighbors see me dressed, so what? They'll just have to assume there's a homely older lady in the neighborhood with a killer wardrobe or a damned cross dressing pervert running around! It really doesn't matter at all.
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 02-08-2015 at 01:17 AM.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    This thread is very close to my heart. For a number of years I owned the kind of property in question, and when I sold it the people who came to look were a remarkably odd assortment. They included several who would have needed no make up to appear in a gangster film; swaggering property developers with pony tails and arm-candy, and a pair of unsmiling, dyed blonde and heavily repaired gg ladies who may have been sisters, hard as nails, obviously wealthy and who I can only describe as sinister. They were particularly interested in the vaulted stone wine cellars, and they were willing to pay cash. Their offer was beaten by one of the property developers, but I swore they were looking at the place as some sort of BDSM venue.

But I can tell you that big old properties are magnets- if you want discretion, hide in plain sight. All you need is a private entrance.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Junior Member lynn.crossdresser's Avatar
    I would like to flip it over, I was looking to move a year ago, but I couldn’t find anything as private as we live in already, so we decided to stay and upgrade where we are. Although the front of our house is a little close to a minor road the rear is just perfect. But I still feel guilty having 3 spare bedrooms. That said I love the ground floor space we have and Lynn has plenty of room for an increasing wardrobe.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kayla316 View Post
    The first time I thought that was when I saw an old hotel for sale and thought it would be a good place for me and other lovely ladies to dress in safety and free from anyone judging us.
    I know somebody who is looking to do JUST this very thing......first place the pipes froze ( last week) decided to look for another location......but this is a real possibility in the near future here.
    Last edited by Adriana Moretti; 02-08-2015 at 05:29 AM.

I enjoy gardening and it's my job too. I would love to be able to potter around in my own garden maybe in a skirt or dress or even sunbathing in a bikini without having to worry about the neighbours seeing me. It's nice to dream and maybe one day it'll happen.

Wow, this sounds like the seed of a great idea!

A community of cross-dressers get together and buy a communal property. While dressed we all do chores, plan activities, prepare food, etc.

Although I sense the utopia to be short lived!!!! Especially when people start to disagree on what the rules are. (i.e. no hanky panky)

Just to be able to wear what I want and not worry about being judged would be such a burden lifted of my shoulders.

Most of my visualisations have been remote properties or cabins by the lake.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.