Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Pink Fog

What I thought the pink fog was, and it was kind of said in the previous posts, is when I came out for the first time, and what followed. After revealing my CDing to two of my friends, I had that feeling inside my body, which was very light soft, as if my body was filled with cotton balls (the truth is that I wanted to transition). That was very strong happiness. After that, I suddenly wanted to reveal to anyone, I had that urge to make everyone knowing about it. But without thinking about the consequences. The two first people I came out to were having very positive reactions, I thought everyone else was going to be the same. But there was that risk that it is not, and that I get bad reactions, and also that people start to spread my secret. Fortunately, I was able to control myself thanks to several people on this forum who warned me at the beginning.

And to think I have always thought that "pink fog" clouded feminine fantasy, and reality. Especially foggy, when new at fully dressing up. You know, when looking in the mirror, all giddy, and saying out loud, "wow, I really look like a real girl", when in reality...... (I won't say it). LOL That is the fog part.

I can only answer as what it means to me.

When I am dressed and I get so consumed at being female, I forget it is to end. I am not a 24/7 gurl.

Like I was all dressed at my placed and was dressed, but no makeup and I had not saved.

Well I needed some soap and stuff at the store, as a guy I would just get my keys and do the the store, well I have caught myself at my car all enfem but no makeup. I was in a pink fog.

Hell-o Welshgirl,
    If i had to describe it I would say it's like any other fog, gradually moving forward, and constantly gaining on making its ability for us to see clearly impossible.
    Have you ever been driving on a foggy road, you've driven this road 1000 times before, you know every corner, every turn. Well, one foggy day your driving
    home, not paying attention to life. The radio. the ride, thoughts in your head, whatever, distracts you. Your not paying attention to the drive anymore. Eventually you come to a certain point, a noticeable turn in the road and you say" How the hell did I get here" !
    It really does exist,http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...3&d=1392149372
    Who needs Ghostbusters? We need Fogbusters!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    Last edited by Hell on Heels; 02-12-2015 at 05:45 AM.
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

Another example might be useful. Out boating for a long weekend with my SO. Once away from home port (marina), Rhonda made her appearance (as planned). Once at anchor for the coming few days, I put on one of the three bathing suits I brought for the occasion. While there I wore each bathing suit in turn. Formula: Late July sun + lying on front deck all day each day sunbathing, reading, grilling, drinking, etc. = very clear female tan lines. I mean VERY CLEAR female tan lines. Oops, you mean they won't fade in a few days? Uh oh! Pink fog effect. I had to be very careful the rest of the summer to not peel off my shirt on a hot day with friends who don't know Rhonda.

Pink fog = risk taking behavior = satisfaction with self for finally having those wonderful tan lines that say "woman" = risk of outting self to friends = "so what" attitude = "are you nuts?" self discussion = "God, that looks good in the mirror" thoughts = "can't wait for next summer" anticipation = pink fog.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Many times I have decided to totally give up cross dressing and return to the male world, forgetting my past obsessions. Many times I have completely trashed my special clothes, I keep for "Marcie". This works for a little while and then I find the "PINK FOG" enters in my mind, giving me that wonderful feminine once again. I feel compulsion to once again, enter into the female world, as my inner self, I have always had hidden in my body. This means, once again, I will seek all avenues to obtain woman's clothing, makeup, and a wig, to bring "Marcie" back from her hiding place. This is my definition of the "PINK FOG"!!!!!

My turn. Another part of the pink fog, is spending enough time here, dressed, or involved with other crossdressing activities, that it feels so normal to yourself, that you begin to think that everyone else will think it's normal too.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Pink has always been portrayed as a feminine color, and a person's obsession with buying and wearing feminine items, and acting the part of what that person perceives as feminine can be described as the "pink fog".
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda-x View Post
    And to think I have always thought that "pink fog" clouded feminine fantasy, and reality. Especially foggy, when new at fully dressing up. You know, when looking in the mirror, all giddy, and saying out loud, "wow, I really look like a real girl", when in reality...... (I won't say it). LOL That is the fog part.
    Linda hit on the example I'd include. Once a crossdresser looks in the mirror and sees a woman in the reflection, the limitations that keep choices in check usually begin to lift. That leads to trips out of the house or hotel that probably wouldn't have happened, purchases for that lovely lady that weren't needed but gosh, she deserves them and a tendency to put crossdressing up a few too many notches in priority, pushing work, chores or even family aside.

Sometimes it is pretty simple and results in no real issues or problems and can even result in new experiences, confidence and stories. Other times, if it gets out of control it can lead to disaster.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Banned Read only
    For me, the pink fog was this euphoric feeling I had while dressed, especially when I went out dressed. It was this relief I felt from the nightmare that was my daily existence. I wanted more and more of a feeling that I had while dressed that I just didn't really ever feel - I felt happy during those moments. I liked myself.

I've realized now that it was the feeling of relief from the awful gender dysphoria I felt, although I had many months more to go, and 2-3 months of HRT before I hit the next big milestone - feeling mostly normal. I'd never really experienced that before either.

There is a common view that these feelings aren't based in reality, but in my case they absolutely were. I'm a woman - so feeling a lot better when I presented as one makes good sense. We're often told we're selfish for doing this stuff, but really, who is the selfish one - the person who's trying to be who they really are, or at least express some long suppressed part of themselves, or the person who tells them to conform?*

*note: this only applies to transsexuals. It's easy to tell if your spouse is CD or TS - just ask the person, or ask yourself! I'm very certain that every person on this forum knows whether or not they, or their spouse, will ever transition or not. People's sense of this is nearly infallible, as it turns out!

Banned Read only
    Let's start with the "fog". Fog blurrs one's ability to see things clearly. Pink is (mostly) a feminine colour. Men wear pink shirts and neck ties, but they're not showing up for work at the gravel pit in hot pink overalls or the board meeting in a rose-hued three piece.
    For me, as an occasional public dresser, there are several real elements which combine and can cloud my judgement while out and pretty.
    Although I am looking better each time, there is still a little sense of danger of discovery which physiologically generates lots of adrenaline. I find dressing sexually arousing, so there are sex hormones mixed in, along with a healthy dose of endorphines. I can end up a little inebrieated. In addition, my contacts while dressed are almost all female... hairstylists makeup artists and fashion store reps. They generally are all really fun people. Of course I have male friends, but I really love contact with women on this level.
    With pink fog imparing judgement one can get bad haircuts and things like overly done eyebrows, maybe a femme tattoo and you can spend lots of money you really shouldn't.
    The pink fog is a very delicious space and is a great place to be if you recognize it and manage it well.

Basically it means a guy is in the grip of CDing and can't stop the compulsion. Kind of like saying the devil made me do it. It's an excuse for not taking responsibility for one's own actions. The fact is CDing is a psychological process. Like any process without control it can take on a mind of it's own not necessarily in the person's best interests and can end in chaos.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning