Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do you wear what you wear?

I agree with CherylT, the whole package. Look, style, color, what works for my size/shape/age, feel of the fabric, feel of the way the clothes fit and flow, how I feel when I'm wearing them, etc.

Banned Read only
    I wear what I wear so my cute lil tushy don't get cold.

I tend to go for the look, but if it is not comfortable, I won't wear it, and keep looking for something that meets both requirements.

To keep from being arrested for indecent exposure.

Bobbi

Dresses are more figure friendly and I do like the look (when they fit and hide my tummy) and the feel.

Comfort above all else. I'm still big into the rock & punk scene though so I still keep my tartan skirts and band tshirts for those occasions :P
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

Hi Welshgirl, I usually go out at nights to bars and clubs. I try to put together an attactive ensemble. I try to appear as womanly as possible. This includes corset an hip pads. I cannot say it is comfortable. I would say the biggest obstacle for me is a blazer, jacket, or coat for daytime wear. I can wear a size 14 dress. Items from Ann Taylor and Macy´s Inc. look good on me. But, with a jacket I need to go to size 18 to get the shoulders to fit. Even so, the arms and torso are too short. I found clothing at Lane Bryant at size 16W where the torso length and shoulder proportions are right, but now the belly is way to big and these articles make me look like a frumpy lady. I think I will need to buy from there and have the items tailored.

Sara

Way back, when I started, it was pretty much the feel, that and doing something "forbidden" The "look" was about just being able to see myself in a mirror, so not in the way you mean that word, I think.

Now? I don't feel that I am a crossdresser, in my own mind, so I don't know if this is helpful to you, but I'm experimenting with different types of clothing, mostly skirts, though I have an on-going search for functional, good looking, comfortable, hosiery. ( some successes there, finally! ) I think, that I can use a "male cut" sweater dress, of some sort, or some kind of tunic or tabard. A dress for guys, essentially.

For the future, it has to be a look that I feel able to carry off convincingly, shows off my best features, does the job, i.e. keeps my body comfortable, easy care ( ish ) and go about my day to day activities. I have been given the go ahead to wear skirts to work, so have been pondering the first steps there, probably a fairly basic cargo skirt in a colour that works with certain "uniform" requirements.

I'll add to the comments that say Pamela is a lucky girl ( guy ) to have you. I shouldn't be so envious, as my SO is completely un-phazed by my "dressing" But I wish she was able to appreciate the feel of the stuff more when I wear it, or when she wears sexier clothing, but the problem there is that she is a little too sensitive in a tactile way.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I had to think about that... Why DO I wear what I wear?
    I initially bought it was the look, and I really wanted it to be that. But the truth of the matter is that I like the feel. I like the compressed feel of a good pair of pantyhose, the hug of a nice, well fitting bra, the breeziness of a well-made skirt, a crisp well tailored blouse. When everything feels right, and good, the look will be there. And the complements will follow.

"Wow, girl, you look great!"

That's why I do it.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.

Personally I want to try 4 different styles. A casual style for me to enjoy at home, frilly and super girly, cosplay inspired and, goth punk hybrid.

I wear the clothes of girls my age, I'm 24 so anything 18-24 which is usually jeans and tees as opposed to dresses, I've noticed girls are dressing more for comfort and fashion than for being feminine unless there is an occasion.

I used to wear items that were very feminine so I could think that way but now I'm buying clothing that I like, that's comfortable and stylish. I've also begun to wear suitable clothing so as high neck tops so my breast forms don't stick out and I don't need to shave my upper torso, jeans are good for not needing to shave your legs too.

The softer fabric, is what catch my eye first, then it the look.

I think I pick clothes mostly for the look or style, and I like to try different styles mostly more youthful than I am, that's not hard I'm 70. The feel is also important the clingier the better, a little stretch is good. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Gurls will be Girls petrahughes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeldamoonflower View Post
    Personally I want to try 4 different styles. A casual style for me to enjoy at home, frilly and super girly, cosplay inspired and, goth punk hybrid.
    Frilly and super girly is what I love to be dressed as much as possible. If I am just on a normal cleaning day I still like satin slips, hose and knee long dresses

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Well I can't go out in public naked....

There are many considerations for me. I usually wear a jacket because I have a rather large tush and wide hips. I prefer to wear skirts because I can adjust the length at will. For extended periods I usually wear 2 inch heels, especially if I plan to do some extended walking or spend a couple hours on my feet dancing or standing at an event. I have very nice legs, so I like to have my skirt at about 3-4 inches above the knee for travel and 1-2 inches below the knee for business. These help me keep firm toned thighs and a relatively tight butt. I rarely wear flats.

I generally don't wear lots of low cut tops or things that are too tight, because I do have a bit of tummy that can bulge in anything other than spanx. I like to wear pantyhose because they are easier to manage and hide little veins and things. I like to wear tight panties to keep things nice and flat. I like satin blouses because they feel nice on my neck and shoulders, I also like soft sweaters, especially cashmere.

Sometimes I like to wear leggings with a very short skirt and a long tunic sweater. It gives a scandalous look that is a bit more exciting than the leggings alone. When I wear pants, I like them long and flowing, usually with at least a 2 inch heel. I try to dress a bit more feminine on top. Even in male mode I usually wore women's pants because I had a hard time finding pants that fit my hips and my waist. Men's pants would have to be bunched up several inches around the waist, to the point where it was obvious I didn't have a man's body at all (another reason for the coat - hide the gathers). When I was a male, I also liked to tailor my shirts. My chest was very large and tapered to a small waist, but my neck was large too. Men's dress shirts looked like pup tents on me, so I would take them in at the sides. I often made my own shirts with full puffy sleeves to hide how lean and slender my arms were.

I like dangly earrings because I am more aware of my femininity when I wear them. I wear elastic bracelets because I can't get solid loop bracelets over my hand - especially around the thumb.

I usually wear a necklace with some blue or gold in them, to contrast with the rest of the clothing.

Even though I can wear lower cut blouses, when I wear a push-up bra, I prefer to keep that covered most of the time. They get enough attention from men without showing them, and women tend to frown on any attempts to show too much breast, especially if the blouse slips and shows a bit of bra. With a 38C chest, I don't have much cleavage, but I have plenty to work with, especially with a bit of help from Miss Vicky (Victoria's Secret).

For work, church, and dinners with Lee, I have to avoid dressing too much like a ****. She will not hesitate to tell me when she thinks I have gone "skank".
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success