Thread: She says it's OK but it's not?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

She says it's OK but it's not?

I was put on ambian recently and found out that most of the time when I take it I like to dress up and be Lexi around my gf. The scary part is that I have no memory of these events. I even call myself Lexi, no one knows who Lexi is, but she does.

She tells me its OK but I don't think she realizes. I have lost a lot of weight and fit into a size 8 or 9. I once thought I was a "manly" CD but I'm not. Being passable is what I like, I have a girly figure and accept that... sort of...

I care about her and don't want to lose her. Out of 60 girl friends I have found the one... I hope.

Ambien has caused disastrous life consquences for several people that I know, including causing car accidents, sleep driving, and DUI's. I am no doctor, but I am always concerned when that medication is mentioned. A quick google search will back me up on this.

I would be every bit as concerned about the physical and psychological effects of the drug you are taking as I am about your feelings about dressing. Especially since there is a chance they may be connected.

I still have my wits about me when on it, I don't leave the house or do anything stupid. It just caused Lexi to come out. Some respects it got me "out of the pink fog closet" but waking up dressed feels weird.

This "dual personality" is disturbing to me.

You may wish to consult your physician, describing in detail the effect it is having on you.

There are likely other drugs that will give the same relief without the loss of memory of activities.
    Inside every good man, there is a good woman.

Follow your dream.
    If you have no memory of the events then please consult with your doctor immediately. That's a huge red flag.

I have been on this before, "normal side effect" for me.

Having the drug change your mood, making you more open about your dressing etc, is one thing. Not having any memory of it afterwards is however not a normal side effect at all! That is an extremely dangerous red flag!

You need to talk to your physician immediately.

A normal side effect for you, huh? Please forgive me for being so blunt, but this doesn't even make a lick of sense. No doctor in their right mind would *ever* continue to treat you with ambien given such bizarre "side effects." So I don't buy it . . . .

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lexi,

Sorry but I have to agree with the others Zolpidem Tartrate (Ambien) is a sedative and while confusion can be a side effect all physicians will warn that should you experience memory problems (which you are) you need to tell them immediately. No physician would leave you on Ambien under such conditions as complete memory loss of a situation. If your physician is continuing to keep you on Ambien after reporting such and extreme loss of memory . . . my advice . . . get a new physician.

Hugs

Isha

it's not a 'normal side effect,' it's an 'adverse reaction.'