Thread: Stats on male CD's

lonelycrossdresser

Question Stats on male CD's

I'm curious what percent of males in the world are crossdressers, hetero or gay. I'm a hetero CD and I only know 1 other male CD (hetero). I started when I was about 12. I've only had one girlfriend who didn't mind, the others thought I needed to seek therapy when they found out. Is there anyplace on this site or any other that has bizzare stats like this?????

CD Lifer and a Visual Kei Shinya's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ericaleighton
    I've heard numbers around 10% but I'm no expert...
    Doesn't that just melt your brain. That, 1:20 to 1:10 men(5 to 10 %), you see every day is a CD in one form or another.

So who are we BSing anyways lol.

Shinya

I once heard a figure tha 1 in 40 males crossdress. I'll try and do some reserch and see if I can find where I got it.

I remember at the end of one of the movies (maybe Julie Newmar Thanks for Everything?) they showed figures of 1:10 men crossdress, 1:100 women crossdress, 1:1000 men are MtF TS and I can't remember the figure for FtM TS's. I wonder how they pull a stat like that anyway? It is one thing to organise a sample market and ask a guy if he prefers an apple over a pear, but to ask someone if they CD? How many of us would readily admit that little fact of life?
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Annie O
    I read sometime ago that 3% of all men that show up in the emergency room are wearing womens panties.

I think that it would be a very difficult to compile, since so many CD-ers would not want to respond. The emergency room stat is interesting, but how can we know that those who show up at ERs are a representative sample of men?

I imagine that you could get a more accurate sample in the UK, where there appears to be a bit less stigma, than in the USA.

Do pre-op TSs count as CDs?
    In another time's forgotten space
    Your eyes looked through your mother's face
    Wildflower seed and sand and stone
    May the four winds blow you safely home
    - Robert Hunter

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AmyH
    I once heard a figure tha 1 in 40 males crossdress. I'll try and do some reserch and see if I can find where I got it.
    I always thought I was an oddball chap till I found this forum,now I'm a lot happier knowing that there are many of us out there, and your all willing to help with advice to any problems that are often posted on the various forums. Love Gina V.

Hi Rachel! It really depends on your definitions. Generally speaking, not really! Well, I think a TS seldom would classify themselves as CD, although I find it quite useful for myself if push comes to shove .

The more useful one from a TS type of view is that of being on the GD scale somewhere. That includes the whole T* group as far as I am concerned .

Much love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

It is generally believed that behind every prejudice and discrimination is fear.

If we assume that only 1 in 10 men crossdress to some degree, that means that there are 9 of them to every 1 of us. Those numbers beg for an answer to these questions.

"Why are all those big macho men so afraid of us?"

"If we only represent 5% of the popoulation, how can we be a viable threat to their masculinity"

xoxo, Lawren

Quote Originally Posted by babe4life
    I wonder how they pull a stat like that anyway? It is one thing to organise a sample market and ask a guy if he prefers an apple over a pear, but to ask someone if they CD? How many of us would readily admit that little fact of life?
    It is difficult to get an accurate statistic for that reason... which is also why it is assumed that the published stats of 1 in 10 is probably on the low side. I read somewhere that over 70% of this one poll admitted that they have worn female clothing at least once in their lives. Not surprising... everyone, I'm sure is curious, to some degree.

I think a more accurate counting could be taken from how many men order or buy women's clothing. How many non-CD guys that you know actually go out and buy their wives a dress or skirt. Maybe some jewelry, a sweater, cologne... but never an evening gown or strappy sandals!!!
    [size=3]---Jen--------- [/size][size=1]*[/size]