Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Underdressed in the emergency room

Medical teams won't notice until afterwards or maybe not even at all. I can gaurantee you that they have seen it all.

Get well soon!

ER Encounter

As is usually the case they ignore what you are wearing and no permanent damage was done. Now that I have reached the age where I can dress fully with makeup and nail polish there are a new sets of worries to consider
    that I never thought about before. Since fainting spells bring up the possibility of doing seriousdamage to ones self my dubious rationale is that I might be able to remove the makeup but the nail p olish would take too long. My "nephew: Rog has the opinion that don't worry aboit any of it even when you are presenting the whole nine yards -- confident she is right though facing docs at the VA who already know you in drab makes one nervoud --- oh well, suck it up.
    One opinion
    Julie
    Last edited by Julie Gaum; 02-16-2015 at 05:56 AM.
    Summer-wear time

Banned Read only
    I worked in a hospital part-time for five years. If you think a dedicated and focused front line healthcare pro is going to bat an eyelash at discovering a Victoria's Secret secret....you're just so wrong.

Get well soon and keep practicing the one handed bra hook............. Having spent a big part of my career in a carpenter shop, I can say with confidence if it's sharp, it can and will cut you.........
    Joann, a Jersey Shore Gal.
    "Be True to Yourself"

We can all take a lesson from this: when operating machinery, don't wear your best undies!

Glad you're OK. I hope the fingers mend completely. Kudos to your wife!

With decades of experience of treating patients in emergency rooms, we notice what people wear, but it does not phase us. I would expect it will make an interesting story (removing Protected Health Information that would identify you) that gets mentioned later.
    Hugs, Ellen

You WHAT? You had a run in with a power tool ... and the tool won? That doesn't surprise me. They always win.
    The best you can hope for is a draw, and for that you have to stay out of their reach.

Corny philosophy aside, I'm thankful to hear that you are expected to recover and your clothing was a non-issue.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Glad you didn't lose any digits !!!!!!!!!

Totally inappropriate, but for the last hour I've been singing, "I fought the saw / And the saw won.." in my head.

Reality Check
    One of my rules I have is not to use power tools while dressed (as a woman, obviously I don't use them naked). I did go to the emergency room the other day with what appears to have been a TIA. I notice that my fingers weren't functioning as expected when trying to put on my earrings.

I did get dressed in male clothes and changed to black panties but of course I had to take off my shirt and I'm sure I had bra lines and the marks from my self adhesive forms. Nothing was said. I had to spend the night.
    Last edited by Krisi; 02-17-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie7 View Post
    Well they are all dangerous but the lathe is the deadliest ... It seems benign and cozy, until the workpiece comes loose and ricochets into your head. I think I will warm the forms a while.
    I got my finger wrapped up on a natural edge wood bowl I was sanding on my lathe last year. Luckily all it was only a minor break, but my finger is still not back 100%.

Glad to hear you were not more damaged. Good luck in healing.

Silver Member
    All of the above are potentially life altering pieces of machinery but I think circular saw and lathe are near the top because as others have said doing it right can still cause problems. Glad you are expecting a full recovery! Do warm those forms up first, you don't want frost-bitten nipples to add to your worries! Now some in your situation would have the nerve to sue for the replacement of the cut up clothing.
    Hope you have a full and speedy recovery!!

First; Glad you're going to be O.K.. Second; of course they 'noticed'. They're trained to notice anything out of the ordinary in order to treat you whenever they get a trauma victim. Doesn't mean they will stop doing their job, or that they won't talk about you later with other staff members. Remember they even work their asses off to save the lives of suspected murderers and violent criminals. That's their job; keep people alive, get them healthy again. Most do it no matter what their personal feelings about the patient. But yeah, they 'notice'.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    I have all those power tools and more (a sawmill), but never any incident needing more than first aid until my tractor rolled down a slight hill and against another tractor with me in the way.
    That is my lower right leg was in the way and I got a open Tibia-Fibula fracture. I was in jeans, etc. but did have panties on. I think some saw them, but everyone does a good job of covering you with the gown before taking your pants etc. so I'm sure most did not. I was able to get my pocket knife out of my pants pocket and cut off the panties before going into the OR.
    BTW Fully recovered and couldn't tell it ever happened now.

Reality Check
    We have a family friend who is an emergency room nurse and a non-stop talker and she does talk about her patients but of course she doesn't mention names. I hope I never end up in her hospital.

Platinum Member
    Power tools are pretty safe-------------------------until you turn then on.

You may have to hook your bra and step in and pull it up with one hand.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Like you I put myself in danger on many occasions.

Yes I have been terribly lucky.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I would suspect most who arrive in the emergency room wont have a problem. Most I am sure are more worried about meeting someone they know.

Doctors and nurses have seen much worse then dressing or underdressing
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Glad you are safe and well - don't know what I'd have been more frightened of though
    Jessie