Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a Good Day - This is not a feel good thread

My prayers are with you girl, for fast healing.
    Yes this needed to be posted, to educated, that we always need have a watchful eye, and to be careful.
    To a fast recovery, hugs

Isha - so sorry you had to go through this. In the end, though, it was a feel good story. I felt relieved that you weren't hurt worse than you were and that your last interaction with others that night was with some very fine people who not only helped you physically but helped us all to remember the kindness and acceptance that also exists in the world.

Wendy

Aspiring Member
    Glad you're alright, and thankful for your honesty and frankness in bringing this up here to this site. In that night alone, both good and bad showed up. I just hope for your speedy recovery.

Call the police and report it. There may have been camera's around. These thugs need to get some time in the clink.

Hopefully this does not deter you or others in the future.

First and by far the most important thing: You are okay. I am personally and deeply thankful to be able to write that. I daresay that if that had happened to nearly any of us, the post would have been dated two days later from a hospital, if it could be posted at all.

Second ... well, there is no second. Your well-being is the only thing that really matters to me at this time.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Banned Read only
    I:

Thanks for recounting a very difficult experience. It is a reminder for us to be vigilant regarding our own safety, but it is also a reminder of potential dangers in the world for our wives, partners, daughters, mothers, sisters, et al. Let us not forget that cretins do walk among us and they look like anyone else...

DeeAnn

Sorry to hear of such unfortunate events had taken place and it could have been a lot worse. Although a bit bruised take care of yourself and I wish you a speedy recovery. Cheers my friend, Nikki

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    That's horrible Isha, but thanks for telling us. I hope this won't spoil your beauty sleep or frighten your wife too much.

Hugs, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Banned Read only
    Isha, I'm very sorry to hear that happened to you.
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-17-2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: Discussion of weapons in any context is not allowed

Aspiring Member
    Isha, I am so glad you are ok. It is unfortunate that the world has these sort of people in it.

Silver Member
    Isha

So sorry to hear about your trouble. You did well in backing them down the first time. It's harder to defend your self when they sneak up on you. I have friends that are martial artist and combat vets that have been seriously injured that way. And they were just guys out for the evening, not particularly targets Thanks for letting us know and reminding us to be safe. Awareness beats speed strength and skill in importance. You apparently have the 5th important characteristic of a martial artist; guts.

Chin up as you work through this. It will take a while to heal.

M.

Isha - first and foremost you're (largely) OK and safe home... thank goodness! But I know how upsetting any personal attack can be having suffered road rage in the past, I'm so sorry this has happened to you - I'm sure you'll be OK after a while and back on the horse again, so to speak...

I'd second what Suzie and Van have said regarding the police: you MUST report this. Unreported crimes (particularly assaults against GGs) are rife and in all seriousness you're NOT helping either the police or future victims of these louts because they WILL attack someone again, whether it's another TG person, a GG or just someone who appears vulnerable - I don't mean to harp on but I know that you know it's the right and responsible thing to do.

It is a salutary lesson for anyone in ANY big city (even hyper-friendly Canada, it seems...) to be alert, aware and preferably not alone... I'm so glad you're OK enough to tell the tale, but that may not have been so for some of us without your training or instincts... that definitely scares and sobers me and reminds me why I have largely stuck to 'safe' venues. Avoidance is a much, much better strategy than confrontation - I think you handled your confrontation as well as anyone could have, but avoiding it entirely and sticking with your friends would have been so much better... I know you don't need to be reminded of that but it's a message that's worth repeating for everyone's benefit...

Just glad you're OK and really not badly injured...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

OMG

I'm so glad you're okay! And I'm also glad that you're able to see the good when something very horrible and evil has happened to you!

Whether TG or GG, we will always be a bit more vulnerable and likely targets of harassment (verbal and/or physical).. especially when we're by ourselves. And I don't care how bad-ass someone thinks he/she is.. if you're faced with 2 or more attackers.. chances of successfully defending yourself are low. I have more than 25 years of martial arts experience under my belt.. but I rarely go by myself as Tassia. Especially not in the evening... when I'm usually dressed for going out.. mini-dresses and high heels.

It's really really sad that is the reality for lots of women, whatever variety. But yeah, safety in numbers.

Hope you get well soon! Lotsa hugs and kisses!
    │ Fashion and science geek!

│ Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nat.crys.5

│ My blog: http://natcrys.blogspot.com/

Hell-o Isha,
    I'm so glad your, for the most part, OK after this.
    Thank you for sharing this story with us, it just shows how careful
    we need to be if we venture out.
    Sounds like you handled these guys well, but left your 6 unguarded
    at the wrong time. Did you get the names of any of those people that helped
    you? They deserve a huge thank you from all of us.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn

Isha, I can only hope that you heel fast and not let this terrible experience change anything about who you are. To go through this terrible experience a second time to tell us about what happened to you takes real courage. I REALLY think that this is truly a wake up call to many ladies on this forum. After reading all the replies on this forum you will see just how many friends you have and feel so bad that someone like you or any other ladies have to go through this terible ordeal. feel better soon and remember all your friends are thinking about your speedy recovery.
    My story is the song "Reflection" by Jackie Evancho

It is a shame what they did.
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-17-2015 at 12:04 PM. Reason: Discussion of weapons in any context is prohibited.

I was shocked as I read your story, Isha, what a horrible thing to happen. I admire your fortitude to not let it dampen your resolve to continue to go out and I can certainly understand your desire to not involve the police. It sounds as though the thugs left a trail that could help the police easily find them but I understand that it is your name and circumstances that go on the report.
    I thank you for sharing this with us, to remind us to be careful, and I wish you the swiftest of recoveries. It is sad that it should have to happen to any of us.

Angela xox

Aw, Isha, Im so sorry to hear what happened to you. Im glad those decent guys showed up when they did, and I am especially glad youre looking for the positive side.

That was a terrible experience to have, Isha. I am so sorry it occurred. Clearly the trauma of living through that will impact you for some time to come, and it has to be an emotional roller-coaster as well. I don't see how it could not. Thank you for coming here to share your story and I hope all of us can provide you with some comfort.

I also hope your wife is doing OK. It has to be tough on her seeing you go through this. I know it said here often that going out dressed can make us targets for such. That's one of the things my wife brings up often when we talk of CD's presenting in public. It is a genuine fear of many. That's why I would favor reporting it as well. You were fortunate to be in n area where others could assist. I would think that without consequences these thugs would see it a a victory and perhaps escalate next time. Given that thugs will be thugs, there will be a next time for someone.

Again, I hope you get to feeling better soon, and that your family can continue to support you as they have. You bring a lot to this forum, Isha, and I appreciate your courage in sharing your journey -- good and not so good.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    That is just horrible. It makes me so angry, thinking about it ... but the reality is that the world we live in contains this sort of terror as much contains all the wonderful experiences we read about more often.

I don't know what else to say, other than thank you so much for sharing your story, and I hope you recover soon.
    God bless ya, Isha.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I hope the scars, both physical and mental, heal quickly. That was a truly horrible thing to happen to you and I am shocked.

I suppose that in hindsight there is a lesson for us all to be ultra careful in all situations and to plan ahead to avoid any problems. Both you and your friends are probably kicking yourselves right now for not taking advantage of that lift. But who was to know that you would be attacked at all.

Get well very soon.

H-O-L-Y Crap!! That is absolutely horrific!! And not too far from my neck of the woods. I am so glad that you are okay with non life threatening injuries . Gentle . And here I thought we were in a civilized area, but a really good wake up call for me. I think I will add a whistle to my key chain TODAY. I can only hope that Karma hits those idiots in the @ss. I suspect that Darwin is alive and living well and they are prime candidates for the next round of awards.

Take care of yourself, give things time to heal, both mentally and physically.

Chat soon,

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Isha,
    I am so sorry this terrible thing happened to you or anybody I know you will heal and return stronger and better!
    Karma is a wonderful thing and if you will wait God might let you watch them get theirs

Hugs

Linda Leigh
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

Aspiring Member
    My heart breaks for you. That is truly a hate crime. Stay as beautiful on the inside as you are on the outside

Isha, my best thoughts are with you, and I thank you for your timely, sobering reminder on the eve of my out-of-town reminder. Hugs, Michelle