Thread: Hrt

0 to trans in 60 seconds! Donnagirl's Avatar

Hrt

Hi all,

If you had asked me a few years ago if this was even a possibility, the answer would have been a resounding no, but, today my psychiatrist advised that he is writing to my doctor recommending / supporting HRT...

And so another 'never' falls by the wayside as this journey progress.

Donna
    Call me Donna, please

Wow Donna, very happy for you.
    Good on ya.
    Hugs

Gold Member
    It is a hard thing to accept for many early on and we try to deal with doing less. The important part is today's path. Be happy!

Banned Read only
    Well now that your being recommended for HRT, do not take the wrong path. The PINK one is the one you want. Them damn flying monkeys down the yellow path will steal and eat your HRT like candy.

Congratulations! I know how exciting it is... I saw the endo yesterday and after some blood work, I should start on my magical pills in a few weeks...

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    Donna;

Congrats. I know how much of a big step this is and reaching this point can to some be somewhat surreal.

Looks like we have another sorority member.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

Donna: What wonderful news, good for you!! One learns after a while to never say "never". And, just to continue the metaphor, you will soon see, you are not in Kansas anymore!! (But feel free to keep the red shoes!! ). Strap in girl and enjoy the ride!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Hi Donna

So now your journey begins.... Good luck and best wishes

awesome awesome so happy for you girl and a way we go love cindy

Way to go girl! Good on you
    Hugs Adelaide

Hey Donna, my gender therapist just the other day said don't ever say never when it could happen. I'm glad your taking this next step.
    Be yourself. Everyone else is taken!

I know this part of the path well, as I am considering the decision too.

Congratulations!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Donna, the most beautiful thing in this news is your own acceptance of it. You've overcome some deep, internal resistance to get to this day. And you know what? Tomorrow will be even better. Congratulations, my dear. I hope to start HRT myself in the coming weeks, so I know your feelings all too well. It's incredible, isn't it?

Karen

Donna
    Congratulations! I know how wonderful you must feel!
    Hugs
    Suzanne

One month

I've finished one month on hormones, E and spironolactin daily. Got new supply at HBC in Chicago this week. Mostly good, good feelings...a few times of fear and anxiety. Of course the dose is low and early. Hope to discover blood levels in about six weeks.
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-22-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: We do not allow dosages to be posted

I remember when I found out I had a bass singing voice. I was so depressed because I had assumed this meant that I could never be a girl and never pass as a girl. When my therapist told me I was transsexual and should consider transition, I lost 100 lbs, got more fit than I'd been in over a decade, and was on my way. When I had to abort, I gained 160 lbs and had a heart attack.

When I had a stroke I started considering transition again. When my doctor put me on Avodart and I started budding, I began to become very serious about transition. Today, I am full time and have nice full breasts. My only regret is that I didn't do it 40 years ago.

Of course, it wasn't even an option until 30 years ago.
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

This is a big, really big decision, Donna. Whatever your choice, I wish you well.

Best wishes
    MsVal

I have often considered HRT, and eventually decide against it.
    Although HRT therapy is compelling to me, (as is crossdressing), I worry about the permanent ramifications.
    I also worry that life is just too short to not pursue it.

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Brittany, I'm glad that you have not given in to the fantasy of HRT "therapy". It is essential for transsexuals whose Gender Dysphoria has become unmanageable in any other way but it would be a disaster for a cisgendered cross-dresser.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Girl pills Yaaaaaaa!!!! congrats for you

I dont like taking pills but I really hate needles even more so i take the pills
    I really should have topped off my coffee before getting comfy.

Exploration

I see HRT as part of the exploration of what it really means to be as I am. I imagine many of us have come a long ways to be on this forum now, even to be considering HRT, and in therapy explicitly focused on our gender issues.