Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: things that have surprised me about cross dressing

GG, SO to Pamela7

things that have surprised me about cross dressing

I am writing this as a GG wife of a CD, who has recently discovered the delights of wearing ladies' clothing. There have been things about his dressing that have really surprised me.

For me, the feel of running my hands over his stockinged legs was a big surprise - it feels so good! Also, I love the softness of the clothes as I cuddle up. I wasn't expecting how good his legs look in stockings and heels, either.

I love how shopping trips have turned from a quick sprint round the shops to a leisurely consideration of different fabrics and styles, and I am most surprised by how much I feel responsible for how Pamela looks when going out.

What else has happened for all you other lovely ladies (GGs and CDers) that has been so unexpected?

Welshgirl, you are going to make a lot of people on this board green with envy for a SO like you.

I was introduced to full time dressing when I was twenty, I had been doing it for a long time before.
    My girlfriends dressed me up for a Saturday night outing and it just went from there.

Months later I was the chief fashion adviser to the girls and always helped with any fashion blunders they considered "wonderful".
    I was also their body guard in disguise and frightened many an admirer off by staying out of sight, using a deep voice to tell them to move on.

I was often asked, "where did he go"?

In a soft voice I could reply, "there was no one else here."

To answer the question.....

Chief fashion adviser to my girlfriends.

Well, I did look Better than a couple of them.

Then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hmmm, surprises. Perhaps the biggest surprise for me as a TG person has been the boost in my overall confidence and ability to cope with stressful life situations. It sorta makes sense...I've dealt with presenting myself as a woman in public, proving to myself that I can handle more than I realized.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Welsgirl,

Like others have stated I am one that is green with envy.

Things that surprised me about crossdressing:

1. Being out dressed people really dont care and typically pretty accepting.
    2. The girl stuff is lots of work.
    3. It's expensive
    4. How fun it can be to be around others who share my love of dressing.
    5. The number of lifelong friends I have gained from being special.
    6. Although my wife is not overly thrilled about my crossdressing, think she knows I know how much work it is.
    7. Opened my eyes on being more open minded to others who are different. If I can not be tolerant of them its hypocritical for me to ask them to accept me.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Platinum Member
    Hi Welsh Girl, Maybe you could talk to my wife and tell her how much fun it is.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

where to begin?

1. surprise at welshgirl's acceptance/enjoyment of this
    2. surprise at my happiness - glowing - dressed
    3. surprise at a whole new insight into things feminine - why so many layers, why such a large handbag, why so long to get ready to go out - i could go on
    4. the joy of fabric
    5. enjoying shopping ... that I never expected!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

GG, SO to Pamela7
    To Blue Orchid and any others who have the same request -

I will be very happy to talk to your wife/SO if she would like to talk to me. Obviously I can only give my own perspective, but as someone who has recently come to all this then it is still fresh and alive for me. Sometimes, once we get used to something, we forget about the little details of the transition from life before to life after.

Another thing for the list - I have been truly surprised by how many CDers say that they feel much more relaxed, calm, serene and other similar descriptions when they have the chance to dress. That must feel very special!

Welshgirl,

Yes I should have stated that in my first reply.
    My wife noticed that i take my time while doing my makeup, its all a sort of therapy.
    Like washing away the stresses of the dude life and stepping into the fun world of Megan.

As you stated it is very calming, my wife will notice a change in my mood when I have not dressed in a few weeks.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    The biggest thing I've noticed is my acceptance of others and their own lifestyles. Growing up in a family that had little tolerance for people different from us, I fear I could be like that if not for crossdressing.
    I'm still me, big tough construction worker on the outside but if others found out I'm sure I would be looked at different. There is no reason for it and I apply that attitude towards others.

The freedom of self expression is a big plus for myself.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Welsh, your pleasant post is one of the nicest and most surprising things I've read here in some time!

How lucky your SO is to have u in his/her life!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    2 major surprises- 1, how much difference a wig makes (duh, I know - bit dim), and 2, what 'sisterliness' is. I spent about 3 weeks CDing last summer, while my wife was rowing across the Atlantic or something, and the gg friend I was staying with and I had the realization at the same moment- we felt like 2 women talking to one another. Kinda weird, but very special, very moving.
    I used to have a short attention spa

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    I guess the biggest surprise for me so far has been that the whole world didn't fall to pieces when I finally broke down and told my wife about it. I'd lived my entire 39 years up to that point never telling another soul (other than semi-anonymously on the internet). I was so terrified to admit this face to face to someone who knew me, let alone my wife. It was an event horizon for me ... I literally could not see past it, and I had spent my entire life living under the weight of the immense fear.

Until one day, I came out the other side and the world was still here, and the weight was gone, and it is wonderful beyond words.
    I had no idea my world could be this happy!

I'm also surprised that my daughters actually request me to do their school shopping with them. Maybe it's because I'm a pushover, but I choose to believe it's because they value my impeccable fashion advice :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

That is so awesome Amy, so happy for you.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

I had absolutely no expectations that my wife would leave. I was so sure that everything else about me would surely outweigh the fact that I was a crossdresser. I had gone over it in my mind a thousand times; not matter how I envisioned it, no matter what I had to do, I really believed that she would understand that I was still the same man that she married. Oh, how wrong I was. This was before I learned about the dynamics of relationships, about how and why we are attracted (or not) to someone. The pink fog had gotten me; I really believed that in the grand scheme of things, crossdressing was no big deal, that it wouldn't be anything more important to her than, say, occasionally drinking too much, or spending money on some sports related activity. So when she discovered my crossdressing, yes, I was surprised when the whole world started crashing down on me.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Once I self-accepted after denial, shame and guilt for almost 50 years, I knew I had to tell my wife. Once I did that and she accepted me as a crossdresser, I was very surprised how everything completely changed for me. My wife and I are like teenagers again, after years of loving each other, but really sharing nothing (all my fault). I have not had a single bad day in the 3 months since, despite having every day things happen that would have driven me to a few drinks when I got home. I was surprised how easily I stopped drinking excessively. I was surprised how easily I dropped 30 pounds. I was surprised how deeply I could love. I was surprised how much better my daily workouts could be and how I could really become the kind of competitive runner that was never possible previously. Mostly, I was surprised how much pure joy I experience when involved in a dressing activity, whether it is interacting fully presenting as a woman or it is simply stopping in Victoria Secret dressed like the truck driver I am and discussing bras and panties. I am so much more open and accepting of people I might never have spoken to before. Finally, I am surprised how good I feel and how proud I am of myself. I know there will be bumps in the road along the way, but with my new world view, I am sure I will handle them much better than I would have previously.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

hi lexi
    i now full well the pain of marriage breakdown, it happened twice to me , the first had an affair then stated cd ing as reason for divorce, the second moved out then moved a male friend (lodger) in mmm we are still friends, but for a long time both wifes encouraged me to dress within limitations, and life seemed great for years, but they give out subtle signals that we dont pick up, even though i was carefull not to step over the line, i did step over the line once and brought marilyn into the bedroom both consenting but it was a powerfull experiance , women have this picture of you in there head and she didnt want marilyn i understand that now, the fredom i have now is great not walking on eggshells x

Breathes under water prettytoes's Avatar
    I found out a few things myself:
    1-Shaving legs is actually kind of fun, and I now understand why I often notice GG's running their hands on their legs...it feels fabulous!
    2-A long, silky maxi-skirt feels awesome as it sways and rubs on silky-smooth legs
    3-Shaved underarms give off far less odor
    4-Women's jeans stretch and flex much better than men's
    5-Thongs really are more comfortable than they look
    6-I sleep much better in satin and lace, or soft fleece PJ's (the cuter they are, the better I sleep!)
    7-Yoga pants are super comfy!
    Life's too short to not be enjoyed! Live each day to the fullest!

Banned Read only
    I have met several hairstylists and makeup artists who turn out to be genuinely thrilled to work with me on my look.
    When I apologize for taking them into "uncharted territory" they have related that what I ask for is far more interesting than their average female client, who usually just wants her roots done and a trim. Same-old, Same-old.
    For fun I ask them to dream up a new femme name for me and I ask them to safely show me things a little farther into female territory. I have taken their advice on occasion....like last time when Brooke suggested I part my hair over my right eye when I am en femme.That has been really cool..and now I have bangs and a slightly more strawberry blonde hue to my highlights!
    Another time I was at a Melanie Lynne store near closing and they ordered pizza and wine and asked me to stay and try on more stuff!
    Aside from satisfying my longing to appear more feminine it has turned into a pile of fun.
    Last edited by ophelia; 02-20-2015 at 07:58 PM.

welshgirl, Pamela, Kandi, and others, it's marvelous to read these little tidbits. I'm sorry to read that others have had less pleasant things happen.
    Things that surprised me? How comfortable and even confident I can often feel while out en femme. How unquestionably accepting some people close to me have been.

Aspiring Member
    1. I've certainly learnt to be much more accepting of others, especially fellow CDs, in the face of an environment of disapproval and misunderstanding.
    2. As counter-intuitive and ironic as it might sound, I've realised that I should never let my self-expression be dependent on and be beholden to cross-dressing alone.
    2b. That being said I won't deny the therapeutic and cathartic effects cross-dressing has had on me.
    3. Starting to acquire one's own fully female wardrobe is very expensive indeed.
    4. Many of my closest companions do NOT care for it and were in fact fascinated by my CDing. One even suggested I do so for my driving test as women rumoredly have a higher passing rate as they look 'less confident' (Rumours at best, lies at worst; gendered statistics are actually unavailable).
    4b. Apparently my high school had people who thought MtF CDs were "REALLY COOL", and were largely accepting of it.

The following start to become more clothing related:
    5. I find female undergarments a million times more comfortable than their male counterparts, and feel much smoother.
    5b. Especially thongs (albeit with a few exceptions).
    6. The first time I ever wore a ball gown with a petticoat, it eventually looked like it was eating me.
    6b. Stockings paired with a crinoline aren't fetish fuel as much as they are a necessity to prevent itching. On my part at least.
    6c. Being seated in a ball gown is pretty. The process of actually sitting down, nowhere near.

What surprises me about cding is how hateful and judgemental some morons can be about it. A thread was posted on here recently about a CD who was ridiculed, jumped from behind and beaten. It doesn't usually go that far, but i have read and heard some many negative comments about it...Of course many people are more accepting and a few GGs will even help us. But there is still a lot of hatred in this world toward us.

1) I am surprised at how normal and complete I feel when dressed compared to wearing drab.
    2) I am surprised that my lovely wife became accepting two years ago after years of DADT.
    3) I am surprised at the fact that after my wife became accepting it took me several weeks before I felt confident enough to dress in front of her. (I realized that I was still accepting myself also.)

1w) My wife says she is surprised at how good my taste is in women's clothing. (I think she thought I would dress trashy or something.)
    2w) My wife also says she is surprised at how calm I am when dressed. (See #1)
    3w) My wife says she is surprised at how good my legs look in pantyhose.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

My biggest surprise was the pink fog after I outed myself to my wife.
    Victoria
    By the grace of God, I am what I am.