Thread: Part of a comedy roast as Violet for a fellow comedian.

Part of a comedy roast as Violet for a fellow comedian.

So just this Wednesday we roasted a fellow comedian Tommy Sin Bazo here in Baltimore. It's an event where we get to say terrible things about each other all in fun, and have terrible things said about us in return. I KNEW they were going to go after my gender so I went as Violet, sort of to say "bring it on!" And they brought it on! Here are some of the highlights:

"Violet, you remind me of Dorian (my male name). Only difference being that I'd stay in a room and listen to you."

"Violet, you look like a man. Haha, just kidding, you TOTALLY don't."

"welp, all the jokes I wrote today were for the male you." ::tears up piece of paper::

And my favorite:

"I'll say one thing, Violet's committed. A lot of people say that female comics aren't funny, but Violet became a woman just to prove it!"

I also got to say terrible things about them in return:

James Finn is here. He's a local comedian but you may be more familiar with his internet presence, as the northwestern most red dot on the sex offender registry map.

We've heard many references to a kiss shared by Michael Moran and Michelle Bilenky. I fully support this. Whatever keeps either of them from speaking again.

During the last show I did with Tommy Sinbazo he started sweating, got tunnel vision and had to do the remainder of his act sitting down. Tommy, I know you've heard a lot of fat jokes tonight, but when the hardest part of stand-up comedy is standing up...

Michelle is new the comedy scene. Michelle, as a Baltimore comedian you have a long legacy of failure and mediocrity to live up to, and I just wanted to tell you that you're doing a great job.

All in all it was a great time. I should have video of one of my sets soon!
    Last edited by Nigella; 02-21-2015 at 11:36 AM. Reason: We have a word filter for a reason not so you can circumvent it

That sounds like alot of fun, Violet. Very funny!

:-)) I'm not sure whether we're allowed to make too many jokes about ourselves here for fear of being discriminatory, but I am sure the line of the jokes you posted could help defuse sensitive gender stereotype differences and behaviours - "... i'd stay in a room and listen to you" being close to home!!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJFyz73MRcg
    I used to believe this, now I'm in the company of many tiggers. A tigger does not wonder why she is a tigger, she just is a tigger.

thanks to krististeph: tigger = TG'er .. T-I-GG-er

Violet,
    I love roasts and one such as you describe is a great idea.

If only others could laugh at themselves.

When in Ireland I have found that the Irish can laugh at themselves and enjoy it at the same time.

I have had a few of my weaknesses exposed and enjoyed the experience.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Awesome!!! Can't wait for the video.

Banned Read only
    My favorites:

Quote Originally Posted by Violetgray View Post
    "welp, all the jokes I wrote today were for the male you." ::tears up piece of paper::

Michelle is new the comedy scene. Michelle, as a Baltimore comedian you have a long legacy of failure and mediocrity to live up to, and I just wanted to tell you that you're doing a great job.
    The second sounds like something I would say, or perhaps like:

Thank you for living down to our expectations and saving us the trouble of changing our minds!

Anyway, Very Good Voilet Gray!! or maybe just VG​2

Name It and Claim It, Baby Girl!!

They're all good Violet... gave me a few chuckles here too and sounds like it would've been great to experience...

We should all be able to have a laugh at our own failings, but it's generally a lot easier laughing at someone else's...

Nice to see your lovely smile again Violet, and for putting one on our faces too!

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Thanks for sharing - laughter is good

Violet, so good to hear from you and I look forward to your video; I think it's pretty clear you won the zinger war.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Hilarious! Love it