Thread: Watching that sex after menopause commercial

Watching that sex after menopause commercial

Wow! Glad that I just wear their clothes. They go through hell, no doubt about it. Watching my mom these days, not easy, but she was the COOLEST LADY around. She is dying of Altzeimers now, and I'll tell ya girls, that is so frickin tough!
    You ladies are awesome, so glad that I joined. Ty again everyone!
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Bree,
    It is nice to be able to give you support.
    Keep your chin up and above all try to be compassionate.....

That is also frickin tough to do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Well said Beverly my s/o also has alzheimers of the terrible violent kind and the toughest thing after awhile is compassion as you yourself are so emotionally run down and frustrated knowing that the person in front of you is no longer your wife ,this makes it truly difficult to make hte hard choices when one must
    hugs phylis anne

It is very tough. A friend of mine is alone, having to care for BOTH his parents now, with ALZ!! My 66 yo sister has severe speech impediments, and Dystonia, and if i can't figure out what she is saying, she gets violent. i help her lift and care for my 94 yo egomaniac dad. and it is hell. So much misery for some of us!

It's likely the worst way to die that L know of, just watching yourself dribble away unable to halt it's progress, only an outside chance of slowing it with current medication.
    I know Alzheimers; I was the caregiver to my SO of 43 years for 8 years before she died from a stroke. We were fighting a retreat from it as best we could until a so-called "social worker" hauled her off illegally and extorted compliance out of me. 7 & 1/2 months was all the time it took for them to torture her to death, steal her life savings, burn through her very good medical insurance and then cremate her. The whole system was predatory and included so called "medical care" that was unnecessary, infected her with C-Dif (look it up) by irresponsibly overdosing her with antibiotics, strapped her into a wheelchair all day because they didn't have enough time or qualified staff to take care of her properly. It would have been more merciful to have shot and killed her on the spot. I have been prostrated with depression caused by grief and my guilt in not being able to save her from this horrible end to her life. It's been nearly 4 years since her death and I still grieve, the pain has only been slightly dulled and every time I think of her there are remembrances and there is rage at those who made her last months so horrible.
    Please, I beg of you and anyone else with a loved one so afflicted, do not let her (or him) out of your oversight. I know it will be a big commitment of time and energy, but let the victim spend their last days where they are loved. You won't regret it.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

My Mom went through it too, it is a horrible way to die for sure. No one deserves to end life in such a way.

My mother passed away about a month ago from Altziemers. She actually was stable for many years with medication and we were able to afford a very good nursing home where she had a private room on a specially designed wing, just for people with this affliction. My mother slowly deteriorated but through it all she seemed very happy. I know it is hard to tell but she was just in her own world and seemed content to be there. We will never know for sure what she was thinking. She was in her mid 90's so she had had a long life with children that loved her. Not all facilities are the same. We were fortunate enough to have the resources to give her the very best.

So sorry to hear about your experience. There are so many predators that take advantage of the elderly. High cost and low care, A sad ending for people that served their country, survived the depression and worked hard all of their lives. I wish they could all have had the care my mother was able to receive.

Hugs
    Ellen Jo
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead