Thread: Dating and Respect

Dating and Respect

I went out on a date with a guy and during this date he asks me if my boobs are real. I promptly got up and left. If you are going to go on a date with someone knowing they are trans please show a little respect and not ask dumb questions like this. I felt very disrespected.

Angela

Yeah, guys can be dense sometimes. Did you tell him why you were leaving?

You learn a lot about men when you have an online dating profile. Mostly that they're only looking for one thing and they're so blatant about it that they don't even know how to engage in a normal conversation/dialogue.

No, I didn't. He should know not to ask questions like that. Almost like he doesn't trust that I'm the "Real" thing. Its almost like they view women as only a fantasy and not something worth being coherent for. Sometimes I wonder if men really are awake. It seems that they are asleep most of the time.

I've made it and love it Jennifer-GWN's Avatar
    I might have added a sneering smile and added ..."and they are spectular..." Regardless of real or forms.

Boneheads... That was completely uncalled for.

Cheers... Jennifer
    I am who I am... I'm happy...I mean truly to the bone happy...and at peace with myself for the first time ever. I'm confident and content as the woman I am.

I hope your eyes rolled so far they fell out of your head as you got up to leave.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

I agree. Totally uncalled for. Hopefully he gets what he said was wrong, but for some reason I doubt it. Idiot! And I second the line from Seinfeld he Jenn cited, " and they are spectacular".

Don't give up, you'll find some one.
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I've been asked by a few men if I've had "the operation".
    I found that the most effective counter is "Why, were you hoping to have sex with me?".
    That's usually enough to make them realize that they are out of line.
    One guy nodded and said yes. I responded with "Too bad, I'm married to someone who loves me just like I am".
    Facebook - Debbie Lawrence
    Web - [URL="http://www.debbieballard.org"]DebbieBallard.org{/URL]
    See also:
    Open4Success

I guess that the men I date only see me superficially and don't believe that any of my assets are actually real. Almost like a knock off of the knock off. @ DebbieL I have had men ask me if I have had the surgery yet and I just walk away. I don't even bother with them. So many of them are wondering if you have had the surgery for only one reason. I was on OKcupid for a little while and people were messaging me left and right. As soon as I put in my Info about me space that I haven't had the surgery and I'm not looking to have sex and looking for a long term relationship the messages stopped coming in. So, I went to trannydate.com and tried that out and that is where I met this guy. I'm starting to think all guys you meet online are just outright creepy. A lady is a lady no matter what her birth gender was or is. That doesn't make a lady any less than a genetic female. It just means we have to work harder at being female, but we are definitely female none the less and everything is real.
    Everything else is pretty OK. I have been held and cuddled by men that do care, but its the ones who act like pigs that really bother me. Reminds me of willow and how all the men are turned into pigs by the witch. I don't think of all men as pigs just the ones who don't carry any respect for a woman.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee1974 View Post
    You learn a lot about men when you have an online dating profile. Mostly that they're only looking for one thing and they're so blatant about it that they don't even know how to engage in a normal conversation/dialogue.
    Do they normally say they always had a fantasy about being dominated by a chick with a...
    Do they want to keep it on the down-low so their straight friends don;t find out?

Man, I am glad I date a woman.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Nicole Erin - you pretty much summed up every message I have ever received on OkCupid. I have met a couple nice guys here and there, but when that's 1% of every guy you come in contact with you become a little jaded. Unfortunately I can't change my sexuality or I'd still be with my ex wife. Who treated me amazingly. Even during transition.

Quote Originally Posted by angpai30 View Post
    So, I went to trannydate.com and tried that out and that is where I met this guy. I'm starting to think all guys you meet online are just outright creepy.
    Not exactly a mainstream dating pool !!!!
    Last edited by Rianna Humble; 02-22-2015 at 09:51 AM.

I give up with meeting people over the internet. I belong to a UK site that is half chat half dating (or more like meet-shag-pretend it never happened).
    Anyway it has a really good chat room where I stay in contact with friends and can just have a natter sometimes. I used to get a lot of 'admirers' contacting me until I put on my profile that an intimate relationship was out of the question, till post op.
    Amazing how I'm left alone now, they really don't care about you as a person, only that you still have the goods!

Quote Originally Posted by angpai30 View Post
    So, I went to trannydate.com and tried that out and that is where I met this guy. I'm starting to think all guys you meet online are just outright creepy.
    Go to a creepy place and you find creepy people
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar

Moderator's Note

This thread is about respect by those you are dating, it is not a competition to see who can name the website with the most creeps.

Any more of the latter type of post will result in action by the moderators.
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Not sure how it works in the UK,but WHERE you both posted to make the connection sorta sets the scene..No disrespect to the OP,but there are better places to meet accepting,open minded adults than that...Art galleries,small concert venues,plays,UU church functions,alphabet political functions,etc..