Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: for the first time in 50 year... caught

for the first time in 50 year... caught

We're having remodeling work done at our home. The construction workers are using a separate entrance but I didn't expect them here today so I decided to do a little wall sanding. I was wearing hose and a terry sport's skirt. I didn't hear them come in because I was using an electric sander. Anyway, two good-old-boy construction workers saw me in all my glory. I'm still shaking. I live in a small community and this isn't good. This will spread all over town faster than you can imagine. There is nothing I can do, but I'm so scared. Why must we live in fear? We shouldn't, but it is the reality for some of us. My wife knows I dress privately sometimes, but I don't think she'll take this well if and when it gets back to her. I feel so helpless... they are just clothes but obviously it's so much more.

Little Mrs. Snarky! Nadine Spirit's Avatar
    Stories like this are why I chose to inform the people that I have. There are only a few more left that I am considering letting in.

Sorry to hear of your difficulties. BTW, I too live in quite a small town, pop 1000. But where I am most of us live here because we aren't really interested in the business of others.

Hold your head up, weather the storm. Is all you can do now.

That is tough and I feel for you. Hope the construction workers weren't local because that might help the word spread so fast. Maybe as long as you are paying for the job they will keep their mouth shut. You might even tell them they are paid to work not observe. I also live in an area where the slightest bit of any thing like this would be looked on with a frown, and the whole community would know at the first coffee break. My wife also would throw a fit if anyone else knew from around our town. Hope the guys will keep quite and things will go ok. If not maybe you can finish the remodel n then just live with the rumors. Don't give up on the wife though if she knows you dress sometimes privately she might be understanding. You actually might tell her and be together on this, but I don't know her so do what you feel is best. I would go n change n put my work clothes on n then get in there with the crew and out work them. They might think you are strange but have some respect for you.

Unfortunate after such a long time, maybe there will be some loyalty from them.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That's a tough one, but .. it's what you risk when you take a chance.

Were any words exchanged? How did the rest of the scene play out?

No doubt they will have a good laugh about it, but then again, if the statistics are true, there is a decent chance that one of them secretly dresses too! You might soon have a CD friend to go shop with!

The damage is done, and you cant put the toothpaste back in the tube, so now it is 100% a matter of damage control.
    Some thoughts on that:

- If at all doable, you should talk to your wife and prepare her for what might come. Dont let her hear it from others first. If she is prepared, and can react with a casual "so what", the fuss will die down a lot quicker.
    - Own it! If it comes back to you, just take it with a smile and say Yes, I like dressing like a woman! Dont you?
    - People laughing at you will not break any bones! But if you can turn it into people laughing With you instead, you win! Take it with a smile and make fun of yourself if that helps. "If I had known they were coming, I would have had my hair done!"
    - I think the biggest reason some of us are considered weird, is that we often behave and react weird when dressed! We hide in the shadows, sneak around, look nervous and suspicious when shopping etc etc. If you want others to consider this a perfectly normal and acceptable thing, you have to first act like you believe all that yourself! So, dont be weird about it if someone confronts you!

Hugs
    Suzie
    Last edited by Suzie Petersen; 02-26-2015 at 11:18 AM.

Be tough. Be proud. Do not apologise for what you are. You don't have to defend yourself against anyone, just brazen it out.

It's all over but the shoutin'. If you survive that part you will be okay.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    The damage may be done, so I can only offer sympathy. I approach cross dressing with the concept of "risk vs reward." If I know there is a possibility my privacy will be violated I do not engage. Being "outed" can have unexpected consequences for oneself and family. I believe I once had my privacy violated by snoopy neighbors, who probably told other neighbors. The snoopy neighbors are long gone. They were freeloaders on the public dole. None of my long term neighbors have ever made a comment and none have ever change how they interact with me or my wife. All I can say is be prepared and weather the storm. In situations such as these, one learns who your friends are. The wife? Well, you better not make slipping up a habit.

Silver Member
    I understand the how you feel and the fear. Before transition I did out myself by accident and felt so horrible about it. But guess what - it will pass, its not a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Do what Lance Armstrong did. Deny, deny, deny! "I don't know what they think they saw, but thats ridiculous! Ha ha ha!"

Unless you're caught again? Everyone excpet your SO will forget about it!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Yes...look at how that worked out for Lance. Like Consuelo, I say own it.

I would just wait and see. Mabey they dress and would keep quiet. I wouldnt say a word

Banned Read only
    You're just ahead of the times, they and society are the one's lagging behind.

Aspiring Member
    It's only a matter of time until we all get caught. Sooner or later chances are it's going to happen. It's all fun and games then you get caught and the reality of it all hits you. Just how far on the fringes of society you really are. They are gonna talk. That's what people do. In a small town at that. I'm of the belief whatever happens to us is predestined for some reason. I've been through it years ago. Hold your head up over time most will leave it alone. Only you can figure out what to do next.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Time for the old french phrase again, 'fait accompli'. As Sherry said, you can do a Lance Armstrong or you could claim the Fifth (if my memory serves me well?). Jaylyn mentioned telling your wife. A good opening gambit, me thinks.

Personally, it's wait and see time now. if it does get around, highly unlikely anyone is going to be knocking on your door to discuss, unless they are interested where you get your clothes from? Seriously, hold your head up and weather the storm if problems arise, otherwise, keep calm and carry on, as the old war-time posters would say.
    Hope it goes well for you.

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Gold Member
    Very simple way to fix this embarrassing problem;
    You tell them that if you find one word was said about seeing you
    dressed the way you where; Fat chance of ever seeing any money
    for the work they have done.
    A Smack in the wallet will close all moths and shut all eyes forever.
    Rader

I'd suggest informing your wife before word gets around.

As to the skirt, just tell whomever that it was a work kilt you like wearing, as it gives you more freedom to move around.
    DonnaT

Platinum Member
    Well, no use worrying about it. Just sit back, relax and see what happens. FYI I am from a very rural community and my first wife deliberately outed me to family, friends, and work associates. The result....nothing I noticed. What was said behind my back isn't my concern.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Banned Read only
    There's a decent chance they only saw the skirt and not the hose, in which case just say "yeah, it's comfortable. So what?" I would definitely tell your wife regardless. My son saw me in a dress in the middle of the night once. I told my wife as soon as she got up (I was only doing it to make her laugh when she got up, I didn't have anything of my own then and she didn't know I liked to dress). Never heard anything, I think he figured it was a dream.

If they did see the hose as well, it's warm and comfy. Old hunter's trick: wearing nylons under your clothes for warmth.

We can all relate to this and we are all here for you. Regardless of what happens, dont ever feel that you are alone.

How embarrising, i really feel for you, we accept each other for what we are
    why cant others really accept us for who we are, and how we choose to express ourselves,
    it can be quite a buzz hiding away and covering up where we have been, but can be quite tiring.
    hope youre wife isnt too hard on you

It's almost St. Patties Day and you took out your kilt to try it on. Really though, three little words. Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA), they will need to sign one before payment and a 50K penalty for violating the NDA. Don't threaten them with non payment, just require the NDA before payment.

Hell I wouldn't Sweat it too much ! With the Attention Span of people now days they already forgot about the old man in the dress ,,lol,,, You mind will build up a lot of fear for nothing . Just chill it will pass ,, I wish that was the worse thing I ever done !!

Get readay for battle stations. Torches and pitchforks and a crowd coming! NAW! Don't worry much. When someone took my flash drive, at the library a block away, with thousands of pics of Alice, and my guy self, I though the worst, but, nothing happened. Just act like nothing happened, be cool.